Glove itemization small balances

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
Been looking at doing some balancing to smooth the curve of gloves through the tiers. After analyzing the usable gloves and the difficulty that they are to come by, made a few balancing changes (with staff input). The following changes are live now:

Combine Leather Gloves:
Damage 3-> 4
Proc rate increase
Str/dex increase

Creeping Tentacles:
Damage 3 -> 4

Lumpy Green Gloves:
Damage 3 -> 4

Fingers of Frost
AE proc added

The Matron's Grasp
Damage 6 -> 7
Small proc rate increase

If wiki is correct on these proc rates/effect there's some inconsistency.

Ule's conception has a 10% chance to proc a 27 base damage pbaoe
Fingers of Frost has a 2.1% chance to proc a 594 base damage pbaoe
Ule's proc is 5 times more likely for 22 times less power.
Considering that Ules comes from 2 tiers higher and should be an obvious upgrade to pbaoe damage, I think these two should be looked at. Perhaps putting a 2.1% chance to proc Supernova? That would be a 854 base damage pbaoe.

That said, this specific proc is insanely strong when compared to other options. Silence procs ~3x as often for ~1/5th of the damage, but can only hit a single target.

Thanks for your hard work!

edit: bad at forum formatting that was meant to be a multiplicative not a percent sign

Last edited:
Yea I probably should have asterisked Fingers of Frost. I was having trouble messing with the proc rate on that and it will be lowered to somewhere around ~1%.

Blink, I think you meant 5x more likely and 93.5% less power. That said, Ule's should probably be scaled a bit too. I don't see much point in an AE proc if it doesnt even go off in the amount of time it takes to kill one mob, in say, Kaesora for example. I think it would be better to have a proc rate similar to Ules, maybe a little less, 7%? and proc a lower damage spell like http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Frozen_Aura

That said, Ules should probably lose 1 fire damage and have a more powerful spell on it as it is a little higher tier. http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Spell:_Flame_Arc for example.

Yea I probably should have asterisked Fingers of Frost. I was having trouble messing with the proc rate on that and it will be lowered to somewhere around ~1%.
more consistent, but lower damage procs tend to be preferred by players if thats an option.

Back
Top Bottom