God help us, its a BST thread

OK, BSTs are parsing a little above what I want right now, and that's even before the last spells go in. So I'm going to crank up the mimic stance cost a bit, and I'm looking at making mimics only have a CHANCE to proc, because some shit procs just way too often sadly. It shouldn't be too terrible, but yeah they're a little more than I want ATM.

Did some cita and then some rust solo the past 2 days to see viability in that regard.

Tried out different weapon setups and wrist/boots to emulate best I could T8-13.

On the low end of things it seems to really up the Beasts game considerably. It makes them very competitive in xp and the WW when used sparingly really rounds things out, especially to help snap aggro off of squishes while the tank is busy. On the high end, and this imo only really applies to the top 5 (sans obae) the inclusion of some of the later gear reduces our absurd mana hemorrhaging. Smart lower tier beasts though can also take advantage of this through some very unique low tier items. I was able to contribute a lot more in xp without running oom/sta well before the rest of the group needed a rest like is normally the case.

I only got to test out raiding briefly in spires, thanks to prophecy letting me join to test things out. I don't think it was a prime example due to the tier difference but I'm going to say anyways that it puts bsts right in the middle of the raid compared to their on tier peers. In fact, the dps % ramp up is more suited to bad raids. The worse the overall raid dps, the more the % scaling shifts the bst towards higher numbers so they contribute more. I like to think of it as utility style dps. As casters are running low and trying to conserve, the rate of drop on a mob is lower allowing the bst to help fill that gap. Whoever came up with that is awesome.

I think this was an excellent revamp and once changes go in fully it will round out everything without anything being OP.

TL:DR Xp/6man game upped significantly (was the biggest weakness) and bsts are now able to contribute to raids more than just cunning and savagery.

Yes, except that certain combinations of things are really throwing things off, and are concerning. I can't have BLs competing with wizards for top DPS, and I've already seen this.

I had noticed some things in my testing that I was planning on discussing in game already. But I'm.writing this on my phone while on break at work and it's annoying to do

Imo I would tone venom and glaciation down a bit, and make it a 70-80% mimic chance instead of 100. Items like saturated spirit gloves and dread staff make 100% too much, but instead of nerfing the items which hurts the other classes that can use them, toning down the mimic a bit would fix this

Yeah, I do NOT want to nerf specific items as a solution, that just sucks. Things I'm looking at are more mechanically-focused and BST-specific, though I ended up finding one thing too that I need to figure a way around.

OK, BSTs are parsing a little above what I want right now, and that's even before the last spells go in. So I'm going to crank up the mimic stance cost a bit, and I'm looking at making mimics only have a CHANCE to proc, because some shit procs just way too often sadly. It shouldn't be too terrible, but yeah they're a little more than I want ATM.
saw this coming because of certain items. Rather than increasing Stam cost which affects long term dmg output consistency, make mimic not utilize bst focus effects.

Ok taryth, I got some more math to throw at you later tonight. Found a more elegant solution that still allows tier scaling without all bsts using barefist primary, dread off, and silence or saturated spirit gloves till the end of time.
It's similar in nature to swifturs idea without making shared power AA useless.

Been on a roll with the other things so I'm optimistic about this one as well

What is shared power doing for us anyway? Short of tearing which we don't use... and weapons given to pets, nothing that i can see. You'll argue soothing but thats the beastlord casting that, not the pet, pet just triggers it (this is my understanding why we have a spam of mimic messages for it). The whole idea of mimic stance is that it scales based on gear, because we don't want to go around nerfing gear like @Taryth said, a good answer is to either make the pet not utilize shared power when it goes off, or make them do less magic damage innately somehow

Scale the final output of the mimic but leave the 100%. More consistent, reliable. Less bursty and less reliant on luck.

Only difference with your idea is that like... magic focus would be 0 for pet. I'm saying instead of 6-7% like I get, pet gets 2-3% focus. Which is easy enough to fix I would think. Mimout= .xx(bstout)

Scale the final output of the mimic but leave the 100%. More consistent, reliable. Less bursty and less reliant on luck.

Only difference with your idea is that like... magic focus would be 0 for pet. I'm saying instead of 6-7% like I get, pet gets 2-3% focus. Which is easy enough to fix I would think. Mimout= .xx(bstout)
Right. This is conceptually what I just posted. I think we're on the same page. Obviously I would prefer not to completely lose pet focus on procs but idk what can and cant be done. Maybe the mimout can scale based on beastlord HP too? This would mean higher tiered, higher gear beast pets mimic higher damage up to 100% of bst based on say 12500hp etc.

I'm not sure about that last bit but would be another option for the 3rd tome.

Another one is the % gain bst gets from the dps ramp up

So apparently you already greatly increased the stam cost usage... im super sadface right now. and now viable for 3-4 mins and then /s 2 for 10. Was a knee jerk reaction really necesarry?

Changes are in flux. Things can go up or down. Nothing is in stone yet. Calm til then and keep providing options.

I agree with increase stamina usage but not hugely (proc not in yet so maybe the big jump Will be ok), if you combine with the fractional output of the mimic I'm sure we'll find a sweet spot

Back
Top Bottom