God help us, its a BST thread

Another random idea...

Spirit of Alchemist:
Self buff on beastlord.
Add weapon proc: Frozen Fist
Add weapon proc: Poison Strike
(both are relatively low proc rate, average 1 proc per 15-20 seconds total)

Frozen Fist:
300 direct damage
1 tic recourse of 50% bonus cold direct damage from beastlord (direct damage)

Poison Strike:
300 direct damage
2 tic recourse of 50% bonus poison damage from beastlord (direct damage and DOTs)

Then have two more spells:

Blast of Ice:
30 sec recast
.5 sec cast
350 mana
-50 cold resist
1350 direct damage

Venomous Dagger:
30 sec recast
.5 sec cast
450 mana
-50 poison resist
800 direct damage, 1 tic of 800 damage

I think this is pretty self explanatory, but two low cast, decent damage spells, and then a self-buff-proc, with two components, each of which provide a very short recourse that boosts the beastlord's respective damage spells, so that someone willing to pay attention and nuke in response to the proc recourses will gain additional damage/efficiency.

Ok, so I've been trolling this post and all the others for a while now and I've started to notice a few things. The # of long time bsts is a very small # of posters (mostly because we all just give up after a while) and so the vast majority are lower tier bsts that maybe got up to t4-5 or buffbots or "oh i saw this scumlord play bst so i'm pretty sure i got it down". Not bashing anyone at all, but I figured I would just give a fairly simple breakdown of how i play my class and stuff I pretty much just gave up on making work, to possibly enlighten and help provide ideas. Won't provide any solid/concrete ideas of mine cause I dunno, I'm just not the creative type. I will say tho that I generally approve of tevinter's opinions, and there are aspects of what solo has put out that have some solid flavor. While I don't think a lot is feasible/beneficial, it doesn't mean it can't be a piecemeal type thing to come up w/ something that can stand on its own a bit better.

First off:
Beastlords are not monks
  • We share barefist dmg table. That's it. Monk pure melee dps vastly outshines a beastlords. I am having trouble finding any time where a beast would go barefist ASIDE from 55 twink alt, or uber mega low tier being carried hard enough to get "silence" gloves.
  • We don't get FD or mend.
  • Stop thinking we're half monks.

Additionally:
Beastlords are not shaman(shamen?)
  • We share dot lines. Yes. I have never used them, they are useless.
  • We share quick heal. Ask most shaman if they use that much ever.
  • We share slow. BOOM. the one awesome thing about the "hybrid" which I honestly don't see us as. In my solo setup that thing is hugely crucial. In duo, xp, raids tho.... nah, demem that crap.
  • k? K
You can call us a hybrid all you want. You can also say that roses are made of chocolate all day long, the fact though is you'd be wrong. Beastlord in EQlive... now yeah i'd call that a hybrid. Here it's like they tried to take some cues and then step 2) ???

Solo spell setup
Target Heal, Pet Heal, Savagery, Cunning, Bitter Cold, Slow, SoA (or Incapacitate if I'm doing Brood of Talins), R1
Group spell setup
Target Heal, Pet Heal, Savagery, Cunning, Bitter Cold, Venom of the Wild, SoA, R1
Raid spell Setup
Target Heal, Pet Heal, Savagery, Cunning, Bitter Cold, Venom (only use on bosses.... maybe, depends) although usually don't bother so it's empty, empty, R1

As you can see, first 5 spells and last never change. I get 2 open spell gems. Slow for solo, SoA for xp groups where I think shit's gonna hit the fan, dispell for EF, incapacitate for broods, and a dot if i'm really gonna tryhard but even then only ever gets used on boss.

If i'm soloing, i'm tanking, so time gets spent in /s 3 or /s 7, which "hinders" my dps lol, but does help with surviveability. /s7 is awesome, as long as the pet isn't the one getting hit. pull w/ slow, choose the one needed, send in pet and R1 while it's inc so they end up behind it while i tank it. after that mostly just make sure pet overhaste AA is used and i spam kick and occasionally bitter cold.

Groups.. well here it depends but mostly /s2, with /s 5 saved for big pulls. SoA is the "oh shit we're screwed" button that rarely gets used. gives me 1 spell slot to provide some flexibility to help overcome that particular group setups weakness. R1 is used sparingly cause here it's about going the long haul, and limiting downtime for em. so again, bitter cold and kicking.

Raids..... here i mostly just try to keep baxters/another dps savaged and caster group cunning'd the entire time. more kicking and bitter cold. Bosses we'll include some venom of the wild, murk blowgun, and once curses get dropped do /s 5 and overhaste AA. hard to maintain this for most fights.

This is a fairly simple representation but I think it gets the point across. flexibility is there, but very limited, and granted I'm not the best person to talk to about this as I have a lot of gear and clickies that allow me to put on more hats than most when playing a bst. I have the flexibility to have a tank setup, dps setup, heal setup, and even stuff for individual fights via gear.

I chose this class because i like utility style play. an ability to supplement where i see weaknesses in my teammates playstyle, or where i can shift the side of a battle through supplementary work. As opposed to a pure dps class, I find utility to be much more challenging to play and play well. I'm ok with having to do a bit more. Dear god I'd be falling asleep if all i did was hit 1 or 2 buttons.

Stuff that absolutely never gets used. blind (unless in pvp), 2h weapons (unless gan fight...strat leaks), barefist/glove combo, incapacitate past t6ish, ALL DOTS outside of venom of the wild, any of our stat buffs ever, Spirit of Tearing, some other stuff.

Other misc: prereq for all bsts is a mage alt. DI8 i can realistically keep sav on 3 targets, but likely will just do 2. Cunning CAN be done on 2 groups with a 5min overlap so just keep it on casters. Cunning doesn't fully stack with Fiery from bards (7% only i think?) R1 dies on EVERYTHING. R2 took a LOT of work, got negligible survivability increase and what? 20dps? A good bst has utility gear. Relgon's Radiance = amazing for bst. Star of Dawn good for melee group raids to help pad heals inbetween pally or druid ghots. Since my dps is pretty crap I'd prefer to let them conserve even a lil bit of mana. This is why Soothing is baller. And if ur low tier bst and/or solo/duoing, that thing is a godsend, it changed my baby bst days significantly and would destroy the low tier bst pop (lol) if u made that worse or got rid of it.
Edit: a lot of ideas talk about increasing pet dps. in raids, no one cares if they let pets die (mage pets excluded). pets die super easily. just sayin'.

tl;dr spam kick, proc pet heals, keep ur 2 buffs on ppl. if ur frisky do bitter cold/venom but ur sitting at the computer going, "meh is it more dps or not".

Again, fairly simple. I do really enjoy a lot of these ideas but some come from ppl who have only heard about the class. I have offered my infos to many in the past and no one (lies... fpus boxes me) ever says, "oh snap, yeah lets box a bst". If ur shining and u want it to test stuff out, text or ask. Otherwise, if u want pointers on how to play bst as it currently is, more than willing anytime in game and have done so in past. The potential for this to be a really fun class is there. I kinda think it's like Sony's Vanguard game..... looked amazing, sounded amazing, super poor execution.

All that being said, I do find the class to be entertaining, and see this interest in providing new changes as promising.

Last edited:
I agree with everything Daenar outlined except that I don't put SoA on my bar unless I know I might need it on certain boss fights. And also that I think blind is super useful for getting/holding aggro for a short time if a tank goes down in an xp group. Quick to mem, fast to cast, generates about 120ish hate on landing and fading. I've always thought it would be nice to have shaman blinding luminescence. Finally, yes... Very difficult to determine if venom is an increase in dps or a wash that just cost me >400 mana

what if we changed dots to melee ranged strikes and bitter cold to the same. gave dots better scaling damage adn durations, made runic 2 beastlord pet back stab for like 250ish dps and gave beastlord a cool aux mechanic? proc vex from auxing attacks with 2 handers, deflect 50% dmg from some attack with 2 1 handers.

Venom of the wild changes to Venomous Rake: procs a melee round from the beastlord and does the dot. tick dot

Bitter cold become Frozen Palm: procs a melee round from the beastlord and does bitter colds effect

Plague becomes Fist of pestilence: procs a melee round from the beastlord and a 10 tick dot for low dmg

Rage of the Wild becomes Rend and Rupture: procs a melee round from the beastlord cause the target to start to bleed getting worse and worse with.

I'm really stuck on having beast spell proc rounds to make up for the rounds they miss while casye and even give a small dps increase at the same time as well as making these spell scale better as teh beasts melee becomes better. At the same time it will keep beastlords from becoming mages with buffs....

Ok, so I've been trolling this post and all the others for a while now and I've started to notice a few things. The # of long time bsts is a very small # of posters (mostly because we all just give up after a while) and so the vast majority are lower tier bsts that maybe got up to t4-5 or buffbots or "oh i saw this scumlord play bst so i'm pretty sure i got it down". Not bashing anyone at all, but I figured I would just give a fairly simple breakdown of how i play my class and stuff I pretty much just gave up on making work, to possibly enlighten and help provide ideas. Won't provide any solid/concrete ideas of mine cause I dunno, I'm just not the creative type. I will say tho that I generally approve of tevinter's opinions, and there are aspects of what solo has put out that have some solid flavor. While I don't think a lot is feasible/beneficial, it doesn't mean it can't be a piecemeal type thing to come up w/ something that can stand on its own a bit better.

First off:
Beastlords are not monks
  • We share barefist dmg table. That's it. Monk pure melee dps vastly outshines a beastlords. I am having trouble finding any time where a beast would go barefist ASIDE from 55 twink alt, or uber mega low tier being carried hard enough to get "silence" gloves.
  • We don't get FD or mend.
  • Stop thinking we're half monks.

Additionally:
Beastlords are not shaman(shamen?)
  • We share dot lines. Yes. I have never used them, they are useless.
  • We share quick heal. Ask most shaman if they use that much ever.
  • We share slow. BOOM. the one awesome thing about the "hybrid" which I honestly don't see us as. In my solo setup that thing is hugely crucial. In duo, xp, raids tho.... nah, demem that crap.
  • k? K
You can call us a hybrid all you want. You can also say that roses are made of chocolate all day long, the fact though is you'd be wrong. Beastlord in EQlive... now yeah i'd call that a hybrid. Here it's like they tried to take some cues and then step 2) ???

Solo spell setup
Target Heal, Pet Heal, Savagery, Cunning, Bitter Cold, Slow, SoA (or Incapacitate if I'm doing Brood of Talins), R1
Group spell setup
Target Heal, Pet Heal, Savagery, Cunning, Bitter Cold, Venom of the Wild, SoA, R1
Raid spell Setup
Target Heal, Pet Heal, Savagery, Cunning, Bitter Cold, Venom (only use on bosses.... maybe, depends) although usually don't bother so it's empty, empty, R1

As you can see, first 5 spells and last never change. I get 2 open spell gems. Slow for solo, SoA for xp groups where I think shit's gonna hit the fan, dispell for EF, incapacitate for broods, and a dot if i'm really gonna tryhard but even then only ever gets used on boss.

If i'm soloing, i'm tanking, so time gets spent in /s 3 or /s 7, which "hinders" my dps lol, but does help with surviveability. /s7 is awesome, as long as the pet isn't the one getting hit. pull w/ slow, choose the one needed, send in pet and R1 while it's inc so they end up behind it while i tank it. after that mostly just make sure pet overhaste AA is used and i spam kick and occasionally bitter cold.

Groups.. well here it depends but mostly /s2, with /s 5 saved for big pulls. SoA is the "oh shit we're screwed" button that rarely gets used. gives me 1 spell slot to provide some flexibility to help overcome that particular group setups weakness. R1 is used sparingly cause here it's about going the long haul, and limiting downtime for em. so again, bitter cold and kicking.

Raids..... here i mostly just try to keep baxters/another dps savaged and caster group cunning'd the entire time. more kicking and bitter cold. Bosses we'll include some venom of the wild, murk blowgun, and once curses get dropped do /s 5 and overhaste AA. hard to maintain this for most fights.

This is a fairly simple representation but I think it gets the point across. flexibility is there, but very limited, and granted I'm not the best person to talk to about this as I have a lot of gear and clickies that allow me to put on more hats than most when playing a bst. I have the flexibility to have a tank setup, dps setup, heal setup, and even stuff for individual fights via gear.

I chose this class because i like utility style play. an ability to supplement where i see weaknesses in my teammates playstyle, or where i can shift the side of a battle through supplementary work. As opposed to a pure dps class, I find utility to be much more challenging to play and play well. I'm ok with having to do a bit more. Dear god I'd be falling asleep if all i did was hit 1 or 2 buttons.

Stuff that absolutely never gets used. blind (unless in pvp), 2h weapons (unless gan fight...strat leaks), barefist/glove combo, incapacitate past t6ish, ALL DOTS outside of venom of the wild, any of our stat buffs ever, Spirit of Tearing, some other stuff.

Other misc: prereq for all bsts is a mage alt. DI8 i can realistically keep sav on 3 targets, but likely will just do 2. Cunning CAN be done on 2 groups with a 5min overlap so just keep it on casters. Cunning doesn't fully stack with Fiery from bards (7% only i think?) R1 dies on EVERYTHING. R2 took a LOT of work, got negligible survivability increase and what? 20dps? A good bst has utility gear. Relgon's Radiance = amazing for bst. Star of Dawn good for melee group raids to help pad heals inbetween pally or druid ghots. Since my dps is pretty crap I'd prefer to let them conserve even a lil bit of mana. This is why Soothing is baller. And if ur low tier bst and/or solo/duoing, that thing is a godsend, it changed my baby bst days significantly and would destroy the low tier bst pop (lol) if u made that worse or got rid of it.
Edit: a lot of ideas talk about increasing pet dps. in raids, no one cares if they let pets die (mage pets excluded). pets die super easily. just sayin'.

tl;dr spam kick, proc pet heals, keep ur 2 buffs on ppl. if ur frisky do bitter cold/venom but ur sitting at the computer going, "meh is it more dps or not".

Again, fairly simple. I do really enjoy a lot of these ideas but some come from ppl who have only heard about the class. I have offered my infos to many in the past and no one (lies... fpus boxes me) ever says, "oh snap, yeah lets box a bst". If ur shining and u want it to test stuff out, text or ask. Otherwise, if u want pointers on how to play bst as it currently is, more than willing anytime in game and have done so in past. The potential for this to be a really fun class is there. I kinda think it's like Sony's Vanguard game..... looked amazing, sounded amazing, super poor execution.

All that being said, I do find the class to be entertaining, and see this interest in providing new changes as promising.

The only changes I have from your set-ups, is that I tend to keep slow memmed even for raids/xp groups. Sometimes while raiding, I was asked to slow a target as the shammy was helping with initial healing. And for xp, it sometimes came in handy in places like elites in BQ, in the where did that named come from moments. But yeah, raids is all about keeping buffs on people, spamming kick, and popping in r1. /yawn

This literally says I can be better and make the people around me be better but I choose not to. I choose to not play my class at its highest potential.
I'm not sure on savagery, but I know with cunning, even though you can keep it on like 1.75 groups, you are usually better off keeping it on just one group, because casters losing 5 minutes of cunning is way more damage lost than meele group being able to have it most of the time.

The way I see it, there are 3 primary ways that classes do damage in SoD:
1) Melee (procs included)
2) Spells (dots & nukes)
3) Pets
Beastlords are the trickiest to balance because they are the only class in SoD that heavily relies on all 3 means of doing damage. So there are a lot of different ways to go.

Personally, it makes sense that Beastlords should be buffed in the pet department.
Some ways to make beastlord pet dps more:
1) Huge buff to spirit of tearing: Increase the debuffs value and make the proc do a ton more damage. Make beastlords actually have to make a difficult decision whether to use tearing vs soothing. Increase the lower level ones proc damage too.
2) Have beastlord pet damage scale off the beastlord's melee stats (similar to how monk H2H damage scales off of STR/DEX).
3) Give a beastlord only spell (venom of the wild maybe) some recourse to buff the beastlord pet. Either overhaste/increased damage/increased attack. Add in similar lower level beastlord only poison dots.
4) Have the bitter cold recourse effect the beastlord pet too. This would synergize with the damage buff to spirit of tearing.

These pet buffs along with the Taryth's suggestion:
First topic - considering making pets ignore WW/PS/etc. damage, and possibly AE. Individual fights can and will be coded to bypass this ability, but the general rule would be your pet would not take this sort of damage.

could put the BEAST back into the beastlord.

Make cunning no longer a buff that you give your group. Make it a buff you give your pet that makes it do a sizable dps increase + debuffs the mob it is hitting to increase spell damage taken by like 10%. I'm not sure if you can actually make it stack with other spell increasing debuffs like druid archaic but if you can here is my train of thought. In the hardest 6 mans beastlord get dismissed because you can cast cunning outside of the group and then their dps they bring doesn't out way just replacing them with another real dps. By buffing the beastlords single target while making it impossible to get their full utility without them just casting a buff they will be more welcome into 6 man.

When it comes to raids it will be a net gain for the raid since everyone will now benefit from the additional spell damage while they still gain the bonus of fiery so caster group isnt really nerfed in raids. The only problem I can see is the negative aggresion no longer being there for enchanter dps, they are really the only caster dps that rip aggro in high tier so maybe they could have some sort of aggro reduction added to their AoD damage.

Then in duo/solo the extra damage their pet would do should help them out.

Make the debuff last decently long so when the pet isnt on a main mob it wont drop off so easily as well as make it proc very frequently so it applys quickly to new mobs. I'm a little hesitant to actually submit this but i feel as long as bst focus so much of their balance around a single spell they cast on a single group they have limited potential to being useful in 6 mans.

Make cunning no longer a buff that you give your group. Make it a buff you give your pet that makes it do a sizable dps increase + debuffs the mob it is hitting to increase spell damage taken by like 10%. I'm not sure if you can actually make it stack with other spell increasing debuffs like druid archaic but if you can here is my train of thought. In the hardest 6 mans beastlord get dismissed because you can cast cunning outside of the group and then their dps they bring doesn't out way just replacing them with another real dps. By buffing the beastlords single target while making it impossible to get their full utility without them just casting a buff they will be more welcome into 6 man.
This is a really good point. Another aspect is that fiery is so standard that its pretty common to view cunning as only 7% bonus instead its potential 20%. Changing the mechanic like lleoc suggested, or just somehow coding it to stack with fiery, but be less total % would make a lot of sense to me. Casters lost a ton of DPS from channeling, so its not like its going to upset game balance if its possible to get a few more % spell damage.

As far as the chanter agro problems... enchanters are doing absurd damage when they are stealing agro, and there are a number of creative ways to address this already in game (tar DA, tar FD, AOD a concussing wizard, etc).

@Nebi. as far as sav goes, ppl die a lot. ppl that i savage die a lot. also ppl that think they deserve savage are quite annoying about making sure i have it on them 24/7. you know how greedy high end raiders are. so i just summon more dots than i really need, and pick 2 dudes and everytime i glance down at spellbar and see it refreshed i hit one of em. the "i can do 3 ppl" thing assumes no one ever dies and i have a fucking stopwatch. and basically what solo said for cunning.

it's not a "i can be better thing" it's a "this is absurdly cumbersome and 90% of the time not worth it" thing. congrats, you have made zero contribution to this post, just like 90% of ur posts on forums.

@Lleoc. out of all the ideas i've seen so far this i like the most. my question would be, would this pet buff stack with pet haste, keshuvals (which i think someone commented about changing that too which i think is baller), and soothing? would really hope it stacks with soothing. or maybe just make it an innate thing for bst pets, and the % spell dmg increased scales with the pet.

@cornel, no..... aside from UC gloves and silence, it's the only useful barefist/glove combo to use for bst.

seeing the amount of comments in this thread so far has made me slightly more optimistic. for those of you who have not already, definitely check out the other forum posts:
https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/beastlord-stance-aa-changes.27938/ - woldaff started this
there's also a post about 3rd tome ideas, and i know grinkles was a big contributor to that post. there was some bst stuff on there too... oh well.

@Nebi. as far as sav goes, ppl die a lot. ppl that i savage die a lot. also ppl that think they deserve savage are quite annoying about making sure i have it on them 24/7. you know how greedy high end raiders are. so i just summon more dots than i really need, and pick 2 dudes and everytime i glance down at spellbar and see it refreshed i hit one of em. the "i can do 3 ppl" thing assumes no one ever dies and i have a fucking stopwatch. and basically what solo said for cunning.
I don't understand why savagery is still a thing. Hands down the least fun most annoying thing in the damn game. Takes a peridot, has a short ass duration, is annoying as fuck to constantly recast. Can we just add 40 more attack to SV and remove savagery from the game and just call it good already?

I don't understand why savagery is still a thing. Hands down the least fun most annoying thing in the damn game. Takes a peridot, has a short ass duration, is annoying as fuck to constantly recast. Can we just add 40 more attack to SV and remove savagery from the game and just call it good already?
I like the idea of savagery, but the implementation is definitely annoying/tedious for the beastlord. Would it be possible to have it be a long duration, but somehow code it so that the beastlord can only have it on ONE person, in their group/zone, and if they leave group or the beastlord casts it on someone else it drops? Make it more powerful in the process since its only one person, and maybe make it buff the warder if BST casts it on themselves, so its actually worth keeping on beastlord sometimes?

Another thought along with Lleoc's cunning to warder proc thing: Is there a way to make this stack between beastlords? Maybe have the proc add damage with diminishing returns? (10% for first, 7% for second, 5% for third?) OR another avenue of thought would be to have the effect diminish over time, something like:
Proc: Destroy Immunity
4 tic debuff
Cause mob to take increased spell damage from all sources by 20%
Each tic after the first reduces the effect by 5%
so first tic is 20%
then 15%
then 10%

Make it proc once per 24 seconds on average, and new procs refresh the effect, so that a single beastlord can average 10% damage bonus, but two can bring the average up to ~15%

Good stuff guys, I removed a fair number of posts just to clean things up. It's been a terribly busy RL week this week, but I plan to start compiling an updated list this weekend.

what about to expand beastlords out of the shadows of bards, we change how savagery and cunning work. right now they are always up annoying short duration buffs that only effect a few targets at a time. How about making them burn type skills like curses with the same effective ness is a much shorter time that effect the whole raid.

Pack cunning- Raid wide spell, 1 min duration 3 min recast. Increase spell damage by 50% and spell critical stirkes by 20%.

Pack savagery- Raid wide spell, 1 min duration 3 min recast. Increase attack by 100, 50 to all resists and melee crits now do triple damage. (im not sure if that even possible to code just spit balling here.)

those numbers are prob a little high, but i didnt do any actual math of how effective an always up version is vs this burst version.

Pack cunning- Raid wide spell, 1 min duration 3 min recast. Increase spell damage by 50% and spell critical stirkes by 20%.

Pack savagery- Raid wide spell, 1 min duration 3 min recast. Increase attack by 100, 50 to all resists and melee crits now do triple damage. (im not sure if that even possible to code just spit balling here.)
I really like these! It always feels more fun and strategic to have a big damage boost for a short time than a small constant boost.

imo, a mixture of lleoc and tier would be a good thing.

for cunning, yeah, no longer a buff. innate on pet. lower the pets lvl, the less % it adds. that's ur scaling as u lvl up. this would, if done right, give ppl a reason to get R2 on their bst aside from fomelo points.

for savagery, tweak w/ tierilo's #'s a bit, but i do like the idea of pack savagery. i think 1.5min duration, 3min CD. i would tweak the melee crits down from triple damage. this spell would 100% be combined w/ melee curse so triple dmg would be wayyyy too much. maybe increase atk 150-175, 50 all resists, melee crits 1.25x dmg. 25% increase to melee crits combined w/ every hit being a crit (from melee curse). there's very few fights where you'd see this being cast more than once, so i don't think it'd be an issue, and would be beneficial to have a bst in the raid again so they could bring melee dps back in line with caster dps, even if just for a short time.

I really like some of the ideas for Cunning/Savagery. Raid wide casts (hopefully no reagents) with short duration/cd would make for great on demand boosts. And/or making cunning a buff/inate for the pet is a cool idea. It could easily be built into the various proc buffs we get as we level up. That, or perhaps make it a short cooldown debuff we could cast on the mobs, as long as it would stack with other debuffs.
Not sure about combining Sav and SV into one. Though if it added the resists buffs of sav also, not just the attack boost which SV already has, it may actually be chosen by more people over SSS.

I am 100% on board with burst mode savagery/cunning spells! This would remove the tedium and improve fun factor. It also adds merit to bringing more than 1 Beastlord on a raid. 3bst 3rng, 3 wiz, 3ench every raid xD

I also wanted to link to this older pet buff stacking thread: https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/beastlord-pet-proc-stacking-issues.27879/ which brings up the issue of tearing not overwriting soothing so as of right now when we want to use it we have to either annul our pets or kill and resummon, which essentially accomplish the same thing. @Silosobi pointed out that maybe an autocast could be coded into the spells to remove them both prior to landing. Is this possible?

I also think the runic pet needs a 20-50% dps boost, since right now it is mostly just a hp upgrade to the previous pet.

I like where you're going with this but also please realize, a 50% dps boost on our Runic 2 pets means going from 180 > 270dps... All we have is our lackluster melee and our pet really. A cold nuke that does sub 1500 for 340 mana at top tier with DI8, cunning and 7% cold focus... The one dot (Venom of the Wild) worth a damn even with bitter cold recourse is ticking right around 570 with the same maxed out focus effects and still costs 475 mana for 4 ticks... might as well just spam the nuke when its up cuz its more efficient.

My point is, a 50% dps boost for the pet on a class which needs as much love as we do just isnt enough. Not to say that other things aren't being considered, just that people keep that in mind.

Hunter's Mark: 350 mana / 1 sec cast / 10 tics / 200 damage on hit and 150 damage per tic / increases the damage dealt by all beastlord pets by 15%

Vulnerability Poison: 550 mana / 2 sec cast / 4 tics / 500 damage on hit and 250 damage per tic / grants all beastlord pets a bonus 30% crit chance.

Same thing going on here, 15% increase to beastlords pet dps... looking at a literal 15-20dps upgrade for 350 mana, might as well keep spamming those nukes. I could see this being useful if the effect applied to all pets attacking the target. That would be a nice touch. Same thing could be applied to the poison idea.

I don't think anyone would say that Beastlord utility is so over the top that

Back
Top Bottom