God help us, its a BST thread

Another random idea...

Spirit of Alchemist:
Self buff on beastlord.
Add weapon proc: Frozen Fist
Add weapon proc: Poison Strike
(both are relatively low proc rate, average 1 proc per 15-20 seconds total)

Frozen Fist:
300 direct damage
1 tic recourse of 50% bonus cold direct damage from beastlord (direct damage)

Poison Strike:
300 direct damage
2 tic recourse of 50% bonus poison damage from beastlord (direct damage and DOTs)

Then have two more spells:

Blast of Ice:
30 sec recast
.5 sec cast
350 mana
-50 cold resist
1350 direct damage

Venomous Dagger:
30 sec recast
.5 sec cast
450 mana
-50 poison resist
800 direct damage, 1 tic of 800 damage

I think this is pretty self explanatory, but two low cast, decent damage spells, and then a self-buff-proc, with two components, each of which provide a very short recourse that boosts the beastlord's respective damage spells, so that someone willing to pay attention and nuke in response to the proc recourses will gain additional damage/efficiency.

This is the best thing i've seen so far!

I have the first round of proposed changes waiting for dev feedback, I will probably start trying them out soon. They will be incremental (don't expect a bunch to change all at once) and are subject to change or removal. I will post more once I get some internal feedback.

oDL6WRs.png

I didn't mean it in that way, I agree the changes will likely be timely, but if they are done in phases with tweaks etc, it will take time, it should take time. I've always taken the meaning of "Christmas in July" to just mean 'Christmas' in the wrong/warm part of the year as a colloquialism.

I haven't actually played in quite a while but I glanced through the thread and didn't see anything about Regent Conservation. I don't ever remember seeing any changes to Savagery or itemization to make it easier, just other complaints every few months about the lack of it. While not a big balance thing, dropping the Peridots requirement from Savagery would be a big quality of life improvement.

Yeah, I check the thread regular, hoping to see some news. But, I have learned to keep my expectations low, keeps me from being disappointed.

@neonovas It has been mentioned in this thread at least once (by me), but fairly sure numerous others mentioned it also.

i talked about rework savagery all to a warcry type buff on a low cd low duration burn thing, same with cunning... cause current savagery is stupid, annoying and tedious. just makes rangers/rogues/monks yell at me all raid cause i got tired of casting the fucking spell every 6 mins keeping track of turn order and making sure that i didnt leave it off cd too long or the whole rotation is fucked.... marlow forbid i misclick cast it on someone else, like a caster i was just targeting for cunning for the 11th billion time that raid.

but im not bitter about it or anything.... >.>

Last edited:
The ideas I've seen that were popular and seem to make the most sense to me are:

Improve pet dps and survivability - ignoring WW/PS/AEs would be a good part of this, but they need significantly more dps as well, this could be gained through shared stats with BST, a new/improved pet buff, recourses of other spells, etc.

Improve Spirit of Tearing to make it powerful enough to be worth using instead of the heal proc.

Change the high end offensive DOTs and Bitter Cold line to be unique to Beastlords, fast casting, damage spells (DDs or DOTs or some of both). There wasn't a clear consensus on what exactly they should be, but low cast, efficient spell damage, potentially with recourses for self/pet?

Change Cunning and Savagery to stack between Beastlords and with Fiery. There are a number of options for this, but I think the one that seemed most simple and effective to me was curse/warcry type effects. ~15 min reuse spells with a significant buff for 30-180 seconds (or maybe a debuff style thing on the target).

There were a lot of other good ideas here, this is just the stuff that seemed to be agreed on by multiple people, and an obvious/necessary change. I'm not a BST myself, I just enjoy these discussions, so I welcome any more feedback on what major problems are being ignored, or if anything here seems like a bad idea or how it should be implemented.

i talked about rework savagery all to a warcry type buff on a low cd low duration burn thing, same with cunning... cause current savagery is stupid, annoying and tedious. just makes rangers/rogues/monks yell at me all raid cause i got tired of casting the fucking spell every 6 mins keeping track of turn order and making sure that i didnt leave it off cd too long or the whole rotation is fucked.... marlow forbid i misclick cast it on someone else, like a caster i was just targeting for cunning for the 11th billion time that raid.

but im not bitter about it or anything.... >.>
tierilo you have ONE JOB

I QUIT!! would rather go back to robbing old people in newport and steal magic picture boxes.

Some suggestions on spells and the pet:

Savagery: Remove it as a spell from the beastlord. Replace it with an equal effect caused on all group members, initiated by the pet, either in the form of a spell/buff or preferably more in the way having an enchanter in group works.

DD spells and Dots:
These are far too weak atm and for lower tier cost too much mana. Most of the time they are not worth casting. The dot weakening effect was a nice idea, but wasnt good enough to make it worth it and it eats a buffslot we really cant spare.
Suggested change: make all bst dd's and dots cast a buff on the pet, that makes the pet act in different ways, increasing its dps, utility and more. For example: Make one of the dot's cast a buff on pet for dot duration that turns all dmg the pet does during its duration into mana back for entire group.

Things I miss on my beastlord:
1. a way to do dps on multiple targets at once.
2. being able to tank on par with a monk, ranger or bard. This is mostly an issue for duoing, or when not able to find a real tank for grouping. Stance where pet takes half damage works for single mobs, but not for exp.

I keep checking, hoping to see an update.. or a message saying some new changes went live for people to test. Give me a reason to bother logging in, throw Lucy a bone already. :)

Back
Top Bottom