Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation Errors #2

The Wiki is entirely player driven. If you want to help get it fixed, this is the place to post!

Yup, I edit the wiki a lot. I'm about to add a lot to the Tarhansar aug quest and there's a good amount of typos. Was just making sure I post them in the right spot.

During Terror Lord Cadrak's quests Part VI, your discussion with 'A Hired Tracker' has multiple errors including uncapitalised I's, missing apostrophes in contractions, and a few cases of using your when it should be you're. The current dialog is all in the wiki as is.

During Terror Lord Cadrak's quests Part VI, your discussion with 'A Hired Tracker' has multiple errors including uncapitalised I's, missing apostrophes in contractions, and a few cases of using your when it should be you're. The current dialog is all in the wiki as is.

Thank you so much for pointing these out. The entire dev team just spent 5 minutes jaws agape reading them. These were done by a trainee who never made it full, and since the quests worked I guess we never checked his grammar. He was a really nice guy otherwise!

Dev teams favorite: From what i understand, i am to track down a small group of people who left the city in a hurry. Your in luck I am almost positive i picked up the trail just over this hill. Whoever left it was in quite a hurry and did nothing to cover thier tracks!

Anyway, we are leaving them in so that I can have something to point to when people say my quests have the most grammatical errors in the dev channel.

NPC Name: Councillor Shar-el
Sentence with Error: Thank you for your assistence.
Correction: assistance

Taroceth the Decaying (MQ)
North Badlands
"..., and the leader of a dijected centaur tribe who has taken up..."
"..., and the leader of a dEjected centaur tribe who has taken up..."

NPC Name: Nerzah
Sentence with Error: Treason? Such hypocracy! I have seen through your lies, Serizus.
Correction: hypocrisy

NPC Name: Yejhana Rehn
Sentence with Error: When one says "Vah Rehn", one thinks of a motly assortment of exiles and refugees.
Correction: motley

NPC Name: Heli'ze the Hermit
Sentence with Error: I do not have the strength o fight them and complete the ritual.
Correction: to

NPC Name: Heli'ze the Hermit
Sentence with Error: (Upon hand-in of Undead Essence)- Heli'ze the Hermit tells you, "Ahh...a trapped essence, let me see that please." Heli'ze the Hermit glow with a faint green aura as he touches the essence. It slowly fades away.
Correction: glows

NPC Name: Dawnlord Ghorlan
Sentence with Error: It was buried with the first Dawnlord that passed onto Elael, and each every Dawnlord makes the pilgrimage to the tomb before dieing to watch over the Tear.
Correction(s): Three of them!!
on to
each and every
dying

NPC Name: A Forlorn Refugee
Sentence with Error: I admist, I have paid...close attention to reports of Claw activities, and scoured their ranks whenever a brigade passes.
Correction: admit

NPC Name: Brother Sortel
Sentence with Error: Diplomacy is not their strong suit...oh don't mind my mutternigs, Radu. I heard you've been helping the Caretakers. Keep up the good work.
Correction: mutterings

NPC Name: Brother Sinqual
Sentence with Error: Nazdrak may be so sure that your Grupluk cover is going to work, but as far as we can tell, patrols are up, but Grupluk oppesion is, if anything, down.
Correction(s):
Gruplok X2
oppression

Sentence with Error: Citadel itself isn't actually going to be your concern though, I got someone else working on that one.
Correction: have

Sentence with Error: Find anything, memos, journals, cave wall painting if you have too.
Correction: --
paintings

Sentence with Error: Bring back everything you find, all at once, so I know its all recent.
Correction: it's

NPC Name: Rorlna, Mistress of Assassins
Sentence with Error: They want certain positions, higher than they are, but occuiped by someone lacking the courtesy to die.
Correction: occupied

Radu Razorscale

Last edited:
Gugruble
Remnants of Old Ikild
[following a hand in] "I'll be spending the next few hours COOKIES these babies, I think I deserve a little reward"
Correction: cooking?

NPC Name: A Icetalon Master
Sentence with Error: The mob's name
Correction: An Icetalon master

A number of quests in The Grand Library, such as [Heritage in doubt], [No legs], and [Its hot down here] among others, contain journal entry titles with several non-capitalized important words, making them inconsistent with the general practice found in other SoD quest entries. Furthermore, the "Its" in that last quest ought to be the contraction "It's" while we're at it.

Enthann Aug Quest all dialog in PoValor:

Priestess Kalista -
'Hail and well met, Daffie. I hear that you are one of our more recent sworn. My name is Kalista and my duty here is to help guide newly sworn followers and bestow apon them the first incarnation of the Necklace of Valor'
Should be:
'Hail and well met, Daffie. I hear that you are one of our more recent sworn. My name is Kalista and my duty here is to help guide newly sworn followers and bestow upon them the first incarnation of the Necklace of Valor'

'The first step is to find a beggining pendant for your chain. The pendant must not be of any make, though. Only material that will infuse with the valorium that currently makes up your chain will do.'
should be:
'The first step is to find a beginning pendant for your chain. The pendant must not be of any make, though. Only material that will infuse with the valorium that currently makes up your chain will do.'

'You need two seperate metals to make the pendant that will imbue your current chain. The actual working of the metals you need only leave to me. On the other hand the gathering of them is up to you.'
Should be:
'You need two separate metals to make the pendant that will imbue your current chain. The actual working of the metals you need only leave to me. On the other hand the gathering of them is up to you.'

'The first metal goes by the name of Shrouded Platinum. On the cursed shrouded island north of mistwoods on the continent of Erud you will find mortal men and women who choose to live amongst the undead and dieing. They call themselves "preservers" although what they preserve is anyones guess. They use the metal in their rituals and will not part with it easily.'
should be:
'The first metal goes by the name of Shrouded Platinum. On the cursed shrouded island north of Mistwoods on the continent of Erud you will find mortal men and women who choose to live amongst the undead and dying. They call themselves "preservers" although what they preserve is anyone's guess. They use the metal in their rituals and will not part with it easily.'

Priestess Kalista Kalista takes the metal from you and places both in the palm of her hand. She then closes her fingers around the metal and begins to hum to herself softly. When she opens her fingers once more the two seperate metals have been melded together in a perfect oval with a single hole through one of the elongated ends. She then takes the chain and slips it through the hole before handing you back the necklace.
Should be:
Priestess Kalista Kalista takes the metal from you and places both in the palm of her hand. She then closes her fingers around the metal and begins to hum to herself softly. When she opens her fingers once more the two separate metals have been melded together in a perfect oval with a single hole through one of the elongated ends. She then takes the chain and slips it through the hole before handing you back the necklace.

Priest Roder-
'As a matter of fact it isnt! Finally you will need a vial of holy water from the priests in the Hidden Temple of Yaralith. This last part might not sound essential, but if you want the engraved pendant to do more than look prettier than before we will need use of the waters magic. Bring all of these to me along with your amulet and I will gladly engrave your pendant for you'
Should be:
'As a matter of fact it isn't! Finally you will need a vial of holy water from the priests in the Hidden Temple of Yaralith. This last part might not sound essential, but if you want the engraved pendant to do more than look prettier than before we will need use of the waters magic. Bring all of these to me along with your amulet and I will gladly engrave your pendant for you'

'All done, Daffie. I trust you will find your errand was most worth it. One last thing can be done to further the magical properties of your amulet. If you wish to know the last task speak to Priest Suuk.'
Should be:
'All done, Daffie. I trust you will find your errand was most worth it. One last thing can be done to further the magical properties of your amulet. If you wish to know the last task, speak to Priest Suuk.'

Priest Suuk
'A Gemstone of Valor is an augmentation of great proportions. A few gems may be used to create such an augment... A frosted saphire or burning garnet can be used if you are one who meddles in the elemental magical arts. If you prefer magics which are not elemental in nature you might wish to acquire a mystic water opal. One who considers themselves a master in the way of the sword or dagger may use a mageblade's Ruby. Finally there is the poisoned moonstone for those who dabble in the darker side of the magics. Along with the gem of your chocie you will also need to bring me some items to be used in the imbuing of the gem with the amulet.'
Should be:
'A Gemstone of Valor is an augmentation of great proportions. A few gems may be used to create such an augment... A frosted sapphire or burning garnet can be used if you are one who meddles in the elemental magical arts. If you prefer magics which are not elemental in nature you might wish to acquire a mystic water opal. One who considers themselves a master in the way of the sword or dagger may use a mageblade's Ruby. Finally there is the poisoned moonstone for those who dabble in the darker side of the magics. Along with the gem of your choice you will also need to bring me some items to be used in the imbuing of the gem with the amulet.'

'I will need a peice of a dark shrine to act as a bezel to hold the gem. Search this out in the mansion of the Eldenals. Finally bring me a chain from one of the drones in The Rust. This will be used to allow the gemstone to be attatched to whatever you may require. Not any will do though, the chain must be attained from the drone that controls all the other drones. Once you have the gem, the shrine fragment and the chain bring them all back to me along with your Amulet of Valor.'
Should be:
'I will need a piece of a dark shrine to act as a bezel to hold the gem. Search this out in the mansion of the Eldenals. Finally bring me a chain from one of the drones in The Rust. This will be used to allow the gemstone to be attached to whatever you may require. Not any will do though, the chain must be attained from the drone that controls all the other drones. Once you have the gem, the shrine fragment and the chain, bring them all back to me along with your Amulet of Valor.'

[D1] Where can I find a frosted saphire?
should be:
[D1] Where can I find a frosted sapphire?

'To gain posession of a frosted saphire you will need to travel to the frozen fortress known as Everchill. Saphires such as the one I spoke are used by the crystal oracles who reside there in their rituals.'
should be:
'To gain possession of a frosted sapphire you will need to travel to the frozen fortress known as Everchill. Sapphires such as the one I spoke are used by the crystal oracles who reside there in their rituals.'

'The undead frogloks of Mielech's domain are well known for their mastery of the sword and dagger. Search out the swordmasters who call themselves mageblades. '
Should be:
'The undead frogloks of Mielech's domain are well known for their mastery of the sword and dagger. Search out the sword masters who call themselves mageblades. '

'Congratulations Daffie. This gemstone together with your amulet are the ultimate symbol of your loyalty to Enthann. Use them well.'
should be:
'Congratulations Daffie. This gemstone, together with your amulet, are the ultimate symbol of your loyalty to Enthann. Use them well.'

Last edited:
NPC Name: Lyjan Vahl
Sentence with Error: Now, assuming you're not hiding a yellow stripe under that armor, can I [highlight]cound[/highlight] on you for another mission?
Correction: Now, assuming you're not hiding a yellow stripe under that armor, can I [highlight]count[/highlight] on you for another mission?

NPC Name: Vahir Ghan/Vahir Rahkahl
Sentence with error: The eldest Vahir have attendants...-they simply do not remember to do those things, so seperated are they from the notion of themselves as an individual.
Correction: separated

NPC Name: Arbitrator Natalus
Error: Free yourself from the chains of Clockwork's obsession!
Correction: Free yourself from the chains of Clockwork's oPPRession!

Well, obsession could arguably be correct, but people have history cast off the chains of oppression. I suppose Clockwork's obsession may be oppression...?

This thread matters, damnit.

NPC Name: Dawn Seer Tarnok
Error: You say, "The Shadow consumed your home?"
Dawn Seer Tarnok says, "A chism opened in the stone of...."
Correction: "A chAsm opened"

NPC Name: Projection of the Deep
Sentence with Error: Chrusam found a supicious one and followed him to Lake Starfall.
Correction: suspicious

NPC Name: Mira Shahar
Sentence with Error: 'Mira Shahar tells you, 'Hyvek and I were both taken from about the same time period. It wasn't long after the 'first ruins' became ruins--an optimistic, fearful time when the vah were pressing out on many frontiers, testing our boundries.
Correction: Vah ; boundaries ; suitable

Sentence with Error: As part of that, the Vah Shahar sent an expedition down to the ruins to try to discern what had happened to the city there, and to see if it was suitible for us to rebuild it and settle there.'
Correction: suitable

Sentence with Error: I have a suprise for you.
Correction: surprise

Sentence with Error: 'That is, if you're up to the challange.
Correction: challenge

Sentence with Error: Mira Shahar walks in to Assassin Lord Zyk's hideout.
Correction: into

Sentence with Error: Already you're getting into the spirit of things--why, you've even picked up a professional rivarly.
Correction: rivalry

Sentence with Error: Come speak with me, NULL .'
Correction: Should be player-name, not sure what's going on here, maybe it should be changed to "worthy"

Sentence with Error: So, pet, I imagine this was more of a challange than the spiderkin queen, yes?
Correction: challenge

Correction: Should be player-name, not sure what's going on here, maybe it should be changed to "worthy"

Sentence with Error: Mira swims down to the pedistal, then places the rose gently on it.
Correction: Pedestal

Sentence with Error: The Black Rose nutures that equality and death rewards us with her blessing.
Correction: nurtures

NPC Name: Deirdre Grey
Sentence with Error: She's elluded us for so long... only I can catch Temptation.
Correction: eluded

Sentence with Error: Temptation could be here, but if she's not I'll need the Kings further assitance.
Correction: King's ; assistance

Sentence with Error: It's just as I say mad with hate and wieleding the disease crafted scimitar!
Correction: wielding

NPC Name: N/A (Emote during Tides of Blood quest)
Sentence with Error: At once the area becomes a whirl of motion again, the currents coalesecing into a female shape.
Correction: coalescing

Sentence with Error: Starting at Shojar, the water between the Three swirl, and images of a seemingly endlees army of shadows and abominations ransacking an icy palace occur.
Correction: endless

NPC Name: Tarhansar the Deep One
Sentence with Error: Shojar... could the... Thazenans Tower?
Correction: Thazeran's

Sentence with Error: All at once the water pressure around you dramatically increases, you lose conciousness for who knows how long.
Correction: consciousness

NPC Name: N/A (Dialog prompt during Tides of Blood quest) Prompter is Tarhansar the Deep One
Sentence with Error: Wait, Thazerans Tower?
Correction: Thazeran's

Sentence with Error: I have spoken to Elder Brimm, and he believes he knows how to reverse this.
Correction: Bremm

Sentence with Error: If Brimm beieves it to be, I too believe.
Correction: Bremm ; believes

NPC Name: N/A (Dialog prompt during Tides of Blood quest)
Sentence with Error: Petrified Dragons Heart?
Correction: Dragon's

NPC Name: Frankie Furfoot
Sentence with Error: Frankie Furfoot skin slowly regains color and he groans weirly.
Correction: Furfoot's ; wearily

NPC Name: N/A (Dialog prompt during Tides of Blood quest) Prompter is Projection of the Deep
Sentence with Error: All I can do to make ammends is make Deirdre pay for her crimes against us.'
Correction: amends

Sentence with Error: You hold it towareds Dereck Grey.
Correction: towards

Sentence with Error: We won't get more than that Dereck Grey.
Correction: that from Dereck

Sentence with Error: When you find everything, bring them to my projection immedieatly.
Correction: immediately

Sentence with Error: Projection of the Deep emits a blast of fire, ice, air and earth, destroying the items you brought, yet revelaing something new...
Correction: revealing

Sentence with Error: I sent him to investigate Eldenals Mansion... he needs help immedieatly.
Correction: Eldenal's ; immediately

Sentence with Error: Get to Eldenals and assist him immediately!
Correction: Eldenal's

Sentence with Error: Give me your pearl immedieatly, the previous enchantments have set and it can be empowered further.
Correction: immediately

Sentence with Error: Now make haste, and meet by my physcial form.'
Correction: physical

Sentence with Error: First Althuna will not respond to my inqueries, then her agents do not arrive in time to assist you?
Correction: inquiries

NPC Name: NPC has no name - from To Blind a God... quest
Sentence with Error: A shrill voice eminates from the presence
Correction: emanates

NPC Name: Althuna, The Healing Hand
Sentence with Error: It continously amazes me what great things your kind can do with such insignificantly short lives...
Correction: continuously

NPC Name: Grundar
Sentence with Error: Aye, I haven't been able to approach close, but I've seen erudites moving about the higher floors of the mansion, dressed in long robes.
Correction: Erudites

NPC Name: Caretaker Torsh
Sentence with Error: I wandered into the library the other day, during the childrens lessons, and saw what a deplorable state their clothing was in.
Correction: children's

NPC Name: Caretaker Torsh
Sentence with Error: I wish to make some new, comfrotable clothing for them, and need more hides and silk to do that.
Correction: comfortable

NPC Name: Councillor Shar-el
Sentence with Error: It must complete the expiriment from start to end
Correction: experiment

NPC Name: n/a (Emote when you hail into Prophet's Landing from NWoT)
Sentence with Error: You borrow a ride to Prophets courtesy of the Kaezulian Armada.
Correction: Prophet's Landing

NPC Name: Foreman Yaisha
Quest: Mercenary Work
Sentence with error: "Precious metals isn't the only valuable things that can be found down here, some of the wild creatures here are made up from rare components with applications in alchemy and enchanting.
Corrections: isn't should be aren't, and the comma splice can either be changed to two sentences or a ;

Back
Top Bottom