Grobb SK Final Test - Broken? - *Some Spoilers*

Shadow-Xero

Dalayan Beginner
I am an Iksar SK and I have finally completed all the Grobb SK quest except the final one, and I am having trouble doing so. If anyone has any info on whether this is bugged or working or not, it would be useful. Here is what I have so far:

Dreadmaster Natzrii ask you to collect 4 items from Mielech:
1)The fistwraps of one of the Frogloks own monks
2)The sacred blood of their high priests
3)The strong bones of their Champion's sword arm
4)Dark Cultist's Dark gem they use to focus their powers

She then says, "Finally return from your holy crusade and pray here at the Throne of Might for a blessing of Nobility, signifying your final blessing and acceptance as a knight. Return all of these items along with the black metal rod of night in this ceremonial container to the quartermaster and he shall forge your reward, the true symbol of your Knighthood."
Then she hands you:
Black Metallic Rod of Night - No Drop/SHD/TRL IKS and
Ceremonial Miniature Crusader's Coffin - Lore/No Drop/Cap. 6

So here is the problem: I went and collected everything that she asks for:
Froglok Brawler's Fistwraps - No Drop
Holy Priest's Blood - Lore/No Drop
Thick Champion's Bones - Lore/No Drop/SHD/TRL IKS
Shadowy Cultist's Focus Gem - Lore/No Drop/SHD/TRL IKS
but when I try to combine them I get the lovely message of you can't combine them in this container. The only thing I can think of is if I am supposed to get another item from returning to the Throne and praying but I have no idea how I would acquire it. I have tried kneeling, /pray, /em pray (with all sorts of messages afterwards), and so on but nothing works.

Also I am pretty sure I have the correct items needed because I have cleared out Mielech quite a few times and those are the only things I have seen drop that are remotely close to what she asks for.

So if anyone has any info on this it would be appreciated.
And sorry for the long post.

Where did you find the froglok champion to get the strong sword arm? I've been looking everywhere in Meilech A but can't find him :?

I've been told there are champions in further-in zones, but that they are more like level 55 than level 15. Which is really confusing. I don't know if those are the monsters that actually drop the bones, or if there are lower level monsters that have the bones that we just have not found yet.

If those higher level monsters are the ones with the bones we require, I don't know why I have been able to do everything else in the quest solo at level 16, and would have to fight a level 55 monster to finish it, heh. And it's not said anything like "...and after you do all these trivial things, you must face your greatest challenge, gathering a forearm bone from the mighty and powerful froglok champions." It's just kind of thrown in there with all the other tasks that must be done, and not even at the end, somewhere in the middle. I don't know, I would just expect things to be either a little more closer in levels required to complete, or the quest dialogue to more fully distinguish between a step that is 40 levels higher than the rest of the quest, and the lower level steps.

*shrug*

If anyone does know of some lower-level monster with the bones, that would be very nice to know!

I did see a froglok "duelist" type creature at the bottom of the ladder down to the bridge. It was red to me, but with HT and the rest of my life bar I cut into it pretty deep. Maybe that creature has the bones? I've asked others if they have ever seen champions in A, but so far no luck. But good luck to you = )

Re: .

Sibro said:
I did see a froglok "duelist" type creature at the bottom of the ladder down to the bridge. It was red to me, but with HT and the rest of my life bar I cut into it pretty deep. Maybe that creature has the bones? I've asked others if they have ever seen champions in A, but so far no luck. But good luck to you = )

Nah, these guys only drop cords for use in the iksar/troll war quests.

Look around

I think this is posted else where, but look on the throne of the "Lord" that sits above the fire pit. In front of his throne you will see a bag , that is your prayer blessing ingredient for quest. :eek:

Thank you for the tip = )

We are looking for another quest item though, it is supposed to drop in Meliech from "a froglok champion" - so we're still looking.

Thanks - and good luck!

I am on this step, and I have everything but the champions bones. Ive ran around everywhere in Mielech I can get at 23 and cant find anything to drop it. All the other pieces Ive had awhile and only one of those mobs is still light blue/blue. Does this mob just happen to be higher than the rest. I pretty much stop wandering around when I run in to large frogloks and froglok clerics.

hmm

Xeldan. Don't hate me.

If those quest items she gives you really are SHD / TRL IKS... When I get to that point on my Ogre SK....... =)

me too

I'm having this problem too... a friend and I looked all around and can't seem to find the champion, anyone have some hints on where he is and what level he is maybe? =)

Champion Bone! (Grobb SK FInal Test)

I'm also working on the Grobb SK Final Test, and I've wandered all through that damn froglok city and can't find anything even remotely similar to a champion. I've got a group of four, and we've killed soldiers/clerics some but can't get too much deeper than that... but I've invised through most of it and don't find any Champions thus far. Anyone have more info on where to find the Champion's bone??

Thanks!

- Thelps

Still looking the this illusive Froglok "Champion".

Anyone have any idea where this mob spawns? Or whatever mob it is that drops the thick champion bones? Ive searched and asked all over mielA with no luck. :?

Edit - Ok, I'm hanging this one up for now. Spoke with a few other SK's from Grobb today and all are in the same boat. The bone from a froglok champion doesnt seem to be in mielA as the quest text would indicate. Not sure where the OP got his or if the NPC that drops it has since been dropped or bugged since his post. Been a good quest line so far, would like to wrap it up.

I went there to check on them, was told by folks camping them that they do not drop the bone (or any bones). Unless you know differently? Thanks for the response in either case. Also, this is a lowbie quest, the rest of the pieces found mobs in MielA not far in. Doesnt make sense that a piece would be in such a level inappropriate zone for this quest.

Any new info on this quest?

I'm also stumped on the 'strong bone of a Champion', been looking for a while now.

Also, the necro portion of this quest asks you to combine an escaped tiger skull, an undead essence (actually named lesser undead soul), the dark metal bar, and the black ichor of a leech sucker (actually giant leech blood).

1)The fistwraps of one of the Frogloks own monks - Froglok Brawler in room behind miners.

2)The sacred blood of their high priests - Froglok Priest, spawns where Squire used to (mob that dropped runed bone fork)

3)Dark Cultist's Dark gem they use to focus their powers - Froglok Cultist(fairly sure on that name), by himself down a ledge right near Froglok Brawlers room.

4)The strong bones of their Champion's sword arm - NO IDEA, I've searched high and low and can find no mobs that drop anything similar to bones, armbones, strong bones etc. Stuck at this point myself.

Well, I just spent 2 hours running invis all over MielA, and didn't see anything at all that resembles a 'champion'.
No one in the zone, or even /ooc for that matter knew of one either.
I even had several L50+ trackers take a look, and they had nothing up that even resembled a 'champion', 'hero', 'captain', or similar.

Since the other 3 mobs are static spawns with no PH's, i'm also inclined to believe that this 'champion' mob is also a static spawn and not some rare spawn with a PH.
The other 3 mobs are also close to the swamp entrance, and solo-able by a L14-20 SK.
I'm inclined to believe that the 4th mob is as well.
I can only assume the spawn is bugged, or i'm way off base here.

I did kill the Angry Froglok, that wasn't it.
I did see a mob called a 'Chaplain', but priest mobs don't use swords, and the quest text definately eluded to the sword arm of a champ.
There were some 'a large frogloks', but they're much deeper in, much tougher, and un-soloable by me to check the drop.

Right now i'm out of ideas.
I'd love it if Xeldan or some other GM could verify if this quest is in fact up and working, if so i'd be willing to keep digging.
At this point, it seems bugged, or at least too high a difficulty for the newbie quest that it is.
I only hope the reward isn't a 5/50 2HS with +2WIS and -10CHA or something.
In my opinion, it should be at least comperable to Ren'Talii, which drops in the same zone and makes a fantastic newbie SK sword that is very easy to get for 15-25pp.

Update:

A few more of us have been scouring MielA again.

None of the fish appear to be 'champion' mobs, and no bones have been dropped.
The 'Captain' has been killed several times, and not seen any bones.
The 'a large frogloks' have been killed several times, no bones.

The only thing on track that could possibly be related to a 'champion' hasn't been verified yet might be the 'Chaplain'.
If anyone can hammer that mob a few times and get back to us, it would be appreciated.
Maybe the quest wording was incorrect or misleading, and the 'Chaplain' is our target.
Or maybe the Chaplain is a paladin mob, which would make sense with the sword.

Also open to other ideas anyone might have about MielA targets to try.

Back
Top Bottom