guild lifespan

Marasik

Dalayan Beginner
Anyone have the stats for the mean lifespan (active) for guilds on this server or the median age of all guilds server wide from the beginning of the server, active age of course. With the lack of instanced zones it would be telling to see how many guilds make it. Even more interesting would be to plot a guilds potential success as a function of the numberof guilds that form around the same time.
I'm looking to you admins/GM's, I'll crunch the numbers if you have the data.

I would say it is more or less impossible to get a date when a guild folds in the way you probably mean it. That is due to the fact that usually the guild keep on existing but is inactive.

I would say it is more or less impossible to get a date when a guild folds in the way you probably mean it. That is due to the fact that usually the guild keep on existing but is inactive.

Yes, that would be difficult to determine. Lots of guilds seem to just slip into obscurity rather than disband. The only hard data easily obtained is creation times. It is possible to use recent data and extrapolate it out to be representative of past trends though as difficulties to.guilds have not changed significantly over time. Do you have any ideas on how to gain information on guild "deaths"?

I could be mistaken, but I think Sacred Band and Chaotic Winds are the two oldest active guilds now. Both around for a long number of years

Actually, aside from Dalayan Beginners which is just slightly older, Goon Squad is the oldest active member base by a large margin. Ruin and Phoenix Rising are the oldest guilds but they haven't really been active in quite a while.

How old is Chaotic Winds? I was always under the impression it was one of/ the oldest.
Mind blown!

How old is Chaotic Winds? I was always under the impression it was one of/ the oldest.
Mind blown!

I'm just going by how low the ID is in the DB, so if CW reformed completely at some point that would change it, but CW and Sacred Band were created somewhat close together, around the time of Novus Ordinatum, Numinous, and Army of Exile.

I'm just going by how low the ID is in the DB, so if CW reformed completely at some point that would change it, but CW and Sacred Band were created somewhat close together, around the time of Novus Ordinatum, Numinous, and Army of Exile.

As I recall, Army of Exile was formed in 2008 and died in February 2009 upon the banning of its guildleader, Budrick. It was a pretty fun flash in the pan that remains a good example of how you can get a guild through Tiers 4-7 raiding content that the other guilds in that Tier range refused to do (soooo much PoEntropy)

Mind blown!

I used to be CW back in '08. It didn't reform exactly but changed in membership dramatically after most members quit, were banned or defected. Agiktesse can give better details than me, she was around after I left the game and was one of the only people still around when I came back.

This is a bit runaway from the original topic.

Last edited:
CW was reformed at that time (they destroyed the guild, and retagged people). They've been around longer than that. Prestige was originally formed August 1, 2007, and they were around before us. Our DB number would not reflect this, as I have reformed the guild two? or three times to get rid of MIA/AFK/Alts that never left when they should have folks.

Guilds that I know were around at that time would be Ruin, PR, CW, SB, Goon Squad. Too lazy to see if I still have logs from '07 for others.

ChaoticWinds.com guild forum website was created Thursday May 25th, 2006 at 8:03 pm. So somewhere around there the guild must have been created I imagine.

That's correct! I think Xardon was lv 40 at that time. I still wear the Boots of Grounding from Tarx from a early CW raid for resist, sometimes.

I can recall playing around with CW in 2006 and my brother was in it for a short time as well. I know they did a reform at one point to wipe out the insanely large number of inactive toons.

Back
Top Bottom