Guild Quandry

mrnukem368

Dalayan Beginner
Hello,

Currently I have a low level character and would love to join a guild but I have a moral problem. I started live EQ in 1999 and left in 2006 and come from a raiding guild background. I am now on SOD and plan on staying and would like to join a guild. The problem is I want to raid when I grow up to be big and strong but I do not want to join a guild, stay with it until I hit raiding level then leave the guild. That is not honorable and disloyal.

I know on the Live servers there were guilds that were actually divided into 2 separate guilds, one for lower level players and alts then when you got to be raiding level you were brought into the raiding guild. Are there any guilds like this here?

Any other suggestions or should I wait until I am raiding level to join one.

A side note. I did leave the guild I was assigned on character creation. Its part of my aversion to joining a guild who's only requirements is that you have a pulse and can type. I can't help it I am old and cranky..

Just so you know, Dalaya's Beginners is the guild in which every new character start. Its purpose is to give new players a place to ask newbie questions and such.

Just so you know, Dalaya's Beginners is the guild in which every new character start. Its purpose is to give new players a place to ask newbie questions and such.

I understand. I keep the wiki web page open as I play so I can find most of the info I need and so far that has worked well. Just thought I would see if there were any suggestions on my guild question, concern.

Almost every raiding guild will want to know your guild history when you apply.

Quite frankly, being able to say "I've stayed in <Dalaya's Beginners> until now, when I've decided to join a raid guild" is a good thing. It shows that you've been in DB long enough to hear all the basic questions a million times and probably know the answers to them. More importantly, it shows a lack of bad guild history like guild hopping, poor references from previous guild leadership, or even just having been a member of (insert rival or loser guild name here).

I can't think of a single guild who used a feeder guild ever on SoD, to answer that question.

Raid forces are smaller than live so the strategy of get as many people as possible to join the feeder guild and funnel them into the main guild does not hold well here.

IMO, you should get back into the starting DB guild at least for a little bit. There is a LOT of difference here versus Live. DB can answer your questions fast. Then as you grp and level you will meet many different people and some of them will be in certain guilds. Some are even alts of higher level raiding guilds etc etc. Just concentrate on leveling up...gearing up...and learning how your class works here on SOD versus Live. Post 60 is when you can worry about getting into a guild.....then 65 plus for a decent raiding guild.

Just be yourself and make friends. The rest will come.

Maybe leaving the beginners guild was not the best idea. I think maybe I am thinking of what live is like and did not consider how different here might be.

Does anyone know who I would contact in game for a reinvite to the beginners guild?

Thank you

Last edited:
Maybe leaving the beginners guild was not the best idea. I think maybe I am thought of what live is like and did not consider how different here might be.

Does anyone know who I would contact in game for a reinvite to the beginners guild?

Thank you

Petition in game to have a gm reinvite you.

There are not a lot of guilds out there by the way that actually pick up pre-level 65 toons. Sure there are some of the younger/forming guilds that might take up 55+ or 60+ players. But the vast majority of guilds expect nothing less then lv65 + a bunch of aa's done & various other requirements.

A lot of endgame guilds kinda think of levels 1-64 being SoD's tutorial time :D

There are not a lot of guilds out there by the way that actually pick up pre-level 65 toons. Sure there are some of the younger/forming guilds that might take up 55+ or 60+ players. But the vast majority of guilds expect nothing less then lv65 + a bunch of aa's done & various other requirements.

First 100 or so AAs to me is still tutorial time as well. Seeing how much more powerful your character becomes so quickly during those early AAs will completely change your game experience, so its best to have those done and felt in before raiding so you better understand your character.

First 100 or so AAs to me is still tutorial time as well. Seeing how much more powerful your character becomes so quickly during those early AAs will completely change your game experience, so its best to have those done and felt in before raiding so you better understand your character.

I guess my question is where does a player like me fit in then. Started EQ in 1999 and left in 2006. I have done the multi-year high end raiding guild officer thing, gotten 3 mains I played to max level and a few hundred AA's. I am by no means a beginner. I do know the zones in SOD are different but the concepts of playing and raiding are pretty universal. I dont mind paying my dues to join a raiding guild but am I looking at max level, 100+ AA's before I can even begin to think of joining a guild that does some raids?

I guess my question is where does a player like me fit in then. Started EQ in 1999 and left in 2006. I have done the multi-year high end raiding guild officer thing, gotten 3 mains I played to max level and a few hundred AA's. I am by no means a beginner.

A lot of people on the sever fit this description.

That's not really true. There are a few casual guilds out there that recruit most levels but they are mostly casual and do not do raiding. They also probably do not appreciate it if you join them just to advance and move on.

Most guilds post preferred requirements for aspiring members but make a point to mention they'd consider inviting people that do not meet all of the requirements. So just try. As long as you remain civil if they turn you down, you have nothing to lose.

There are a LOT of great raiding guilds right now looking to refill some spots, it might be in your best interest to see what classes these guilds need, pick one you may like, and talk to their officers. Let them know your intentions, if you can show your leveling to 65 really quick and getting AAs done, they'll like that quick dedication and ability to get stuff done. Kind of a way to get your foot into the door before your even close to raiding level.

Twilight Underground has enough geared toons for three raid forces by itself, why feed off of BBSR?

I was in a live guild with a "lowbie" guild too. It had nothing to do with feeding off the low guild. Low guild was so guys could play twinks and still chat with their guildmates without spamming whatever high level stuff may be going on in the real guild. I don't think there were any/many in the low guild that didn't have mains in the high guild. Wasn't really a recruitment tool at all.

Back
Top Bottom