- Hardcore Character Mode -

This seems like an awesome idea! How much bonus exp are we talking about for a HC character though? It says you gain exp much faster, but nothing more than that.

Well, Personally I enjoy the fun in grinding, this past week of playing EQ has been a blast and seeing as I dont even have a character over level 25 im still fresh to the experience, thus making me more in tuned to the fun. I bet if I was a vet like you all starting in 1998 id feel the same way about wanting to run through it.

You win.

Naturally I do not expect people to start a Hardcore character before experiencing the game in its base state. This is something for people who have eaten the same food too often, so to speak, and require extra spice to be satisfied.

Considering a mechanic to prevent this becoming a buff bot expediting service. Might want to hold off on that for now!

Infoz~~~ someone who wants your hc buff bot dead will get access. It's inevitable.

Also: who wants a buff bot without relics. Risky. I hope we do make it so hc can only loot stuff they contributed to fighting (though i don't have much how for that happening in a way which can't still be worked around... must engage before mob hits 50%?)

Last edited:
Make hardcore pvp with other hardcore players and let pets be apart of the pvp at any lvl pets as long as the players are any lvls apart. that would truly make this hardcore.

Any chance of turning off auction and trade with other characters for toons that are HC? I think this would be an angle to look at to prevent twinking, if that was being considered. Twinking the mess outta a toon seems a little unfair, but certainly in the end everyone should be allowed to play they way they want, within the confines of the rules of course!

Just a suggestion for HC!

Any chance of turning off auction and trade with other characters for toons that are HC? I think this would be an angle to look at to prevent twinking, if that was being considered. Twinking the mess outta a toon seems a little unfair, but certainly in the end everyone should be allowed to play they way they want, within the confines of the rules of course!

Just a suggestion for HC!

Not going to happen. If you don't want to twink, don't. Simple as that.

You are right, I can't argue about that.

I was in a little hurry with earlier post and I want to clarify my point.

I think this is an awesome idea, but I think folks that do it honestly should be rewarded. Currently it was stated that perhaps the world would be notified of our demise when we die. So there is a thought there for a reward system.

It said in the 2nd sentence this was basically a beta, so I'm just going to spitball. None of my ideas might be used directly, but maybe by someone reading them, it will spawn an idea that does get used.

* HC toons cannot interact with other players. This prevents twinking, but it also prevents a tiered reward for the HC toon being passed along to a non HC toon before a demise and then that item gets out into the non HC realm.

* HC toons are allowed to **purchase** from any standard merchant NPC, but only their stock items. This will allow for acquiring necessary items to play the toon.

* HC toons are not allowed to sell to any normal merchant NPC. A special merchant or perhaps the Priest of War would purchase items from a HC toon. Once sold, the item is destroyed. This merchant could also sell items unique for the HC toon to purchase.

The previous 2 implementation would prevent merchant mining again in both directions to prevent cross contamination of HC items into non-HC toon hands. This would help make the rewards for having the HC toon truly unique.

Thanks for reading, I feel much better about clarifying my suggestion!

As I said in the other thread, if a person wants to drop 100k onto a toon they could lose to a zone crash or a LD mid-fight, or any such thing. THEN LET THEM. They obviously had little issue farming the cash, and as the saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

By all means, I agree. Putting in the risk of losing everything is definitely a level of excitement.

My suggestion was more geared towards providing a tiered reward for HC toons that could not be passed along to non-HC toons. In my suggestion, someone shouldn't be able to take a HC boosted item and pass it along to another toon. I felt like this was important to preserve some the integrity / uniqueness of being a HC toon.

Hah, wow, I love this place. You have made my day with this. I played the permadeath Zek server on live, and it was a gas. Thanks a bunch.

By all means, I agree. Putting in the risk of losing everything is definitely a level of excitement.

My suggestion was more geared towards providing a tiered reward for HC toons that could not be passed along to non-HC toons. In my suggestion, someone shouldn't be able to take a HC boosted item and pass it along to another toon. I felt like this was important to preserve some the integrity / uniqueness of being a HC toon.
What do you mean by a "HC boosted item"?

Back
Top Bottom