- Hardcore Character Mode -

Being a HC toon, and getting a worldwide message if you make it high enough, is it's own reward. The /ooc chatter last night when the guy died at level 37 last night was entertaining. They don't need any special items.

The possibility of people losing items and thus curbing inflation a bit was one of the reasons they even put this in the game.

I am literally thrilled about this and logged in from the ocean to tell you. Can't wait to start a character when I return.

Edit: who want a cleric!

I don't think getting to 65 would be very hard, you just have to take the path of least resistance every step of the way, never try anything other than blue cons etc.. never hunt in interesting places you have never been to before etc.. be patient, be boring.

Where the big challenge lies imo, is to actually be useful at 65 and find things to do, because most things at that level like raiding, even tmaps, and even general grouping, has a high risk of death.

Personally I love the idea of adding new features like this to the game, I think they are desperately needed. I personally wouldn't want to play like this though, but I'm sure some people will get some fun out of it.

I got my gnome warrior Taotaru to level 19 before a zone crash had me log back on top of a red con KoS mob. It was a LOT of fun.

I got my gnome warrior Taotaru to level 19 before a zone crash had me log back on top of a red con KoS mob. It was a LOT of fun.

If I was going to make a hard core character and a zone crashed I would be hella lame and clear the surrounding area with my main before logging in the lowbie.

Barebones HC list: here

todo:
*make it not look like crap
*sort it by level
*make it so people can't delete themselves off the list after they die
*"killed by" listing?

Deads are in red!

Star_Trek_Red_Shirts_Costumes.jpg

Can we embed a midi of Amazing Grace on the fomelo of dead HC characters? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom