- Hardcore Character Mode -

I don't think hardcore is gonna split anybody out of anything any more than the people who want to xp lock for adepts are splitting themselves out of something.

This may come as a surprise to you but those people irritate me also.. still good point.

Isn't that part of the reason xp lock was put in? I have locked alts in the past for adepts.. and I have just as often given up and leveled those toons, as I have stayed and got the loots I wanted.

Well, i thought it was partly there if friends got too far ahead of each other, to give the other guys a chance to catch up. Though, adv. band would help with that I suppose.

It probably is also for that. XP lock is for everything! XP lock is for pranking your friends who don't pay attention during 2 boxing also.

A friend suggested combining Hardcore Mode with another one of my holy grail of mechanics: remorting or New Game+. Basically when you HC die you are HC rerolled instead (keep name) and get a small (SMALL) bonus based on aggregate exp earned in the run or something similar. I thought it was an interesting idea even though I do not believe HC needs a reason to exist outside of it simply being hardcore. Anyway!

• Make an XPable item useable for the class of the toon.
  • Make it so that the item stays with the toon on "rebirth"
  • Make the item keep its XP/Levels.
  • Call it a day.

Just to kind of build off the idea of a new game+ upon death has a HC char.

I would propose a charm that levels with you, and you get it with your first character. It would start off with +1 to all stats, +10hp and 10 mana. Each level gained in the charm increases it +1 to all stats, 10hp and 10mana.
When you die, this charm loses some of it's exp and reverts back a certain amount of levels.

What you could then do is when you are roll HC character and you die, it triggers you to respawn in a new, hardcore version of the dream. In it, you have your normal dream npcs, but one of them that you run across has the ability to change your race. The next to change your class. Once you exit the dream, you are locked into a level 1 version of that race and class. Of course all your items and such would be gone by this point except for the charm.

So now you have your charm that you have when you first picked HC, maybe you got your first guy to level 40 or so before you died, and your charm was level 10, but on death you lose exp, causing it to go back to level 5 or something.

So now you have a +5 to all stat, 50hp and 50mana charm to start the game.

Just something to add a little bonus incentive to level as high as you can without dying.

So Uzzdaar PLed a character...

1- Can you buff HC chars with non-HC chars ?

2- Can HC chars group with non-HC chars ?

Any chance of eventually adding AAs to the Hardcore List? Just thought it would be a way to differentiate the hardcoreness of the 65s on the list on down the line.

Meh, the system is flawed anyways. People just afk the toons in a corner while they xp. I thought it was going to be coded that they had to hit the mob for the xp? Guess that couldn't be done though, a shame.

When someone starts making a really big HC toon it'll blow away this afk toon stuff. Just looking at kill # you can see who is really playing and who isn't.

Another idea popped into my head. Rather than being unable to log into a deceased *HC* character, would it be possible to have them respawn in a casting restricted zone with no zone-out options? No bankers, no merchants, or anything like that. Basically just a way for deceased *HC* players to socialize on their *HC* characters, get screen shots, etc. Maybe even add a "deceased" tag similar to the silver, gold, and platinum ones or has a replacement for the *HC* one.

Another idea popped into my head. Rather than being unable to log into a deceased *HC* character, would it be possible to have them respawn in a casting restricted zone with no zone-out options? No bankers, no merchants, or anything like that. Basically just a way for deceased *HC* players to socialize on their *HC* characters, get screen shots, etc. Maybe even add a "deceased" tag similar to the silver, gold, and platinum ones or has a replacement for the *HC* one.

See also http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showpost.php?p=266158&postcount=1 3,4,5

This is a coding problem. I'm very happy with hc mode as it exists though.

Meh, the system is flawed anyways. People just afk the toons in a corner while they xp. I thought it was going to be coded that they had to hit the mob for the xp? Guess that couldn't be done though, a shame.
They have to get on the aggro list which can be via healing/buffing etc

Barebones HC list: here

todo:
*make it not look like crap
*sort it by level
*make it so people can't delete themselves off the list after they die
*"killed by" listing?

killed by listing would be a really cool addition

oh and "last words" !

Back
Top Bottom