"Hardcore" real character death mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance for Phrogs off topic outburst but here the facts-
Please fill free to delete this after I rest my defense.

I am a troll?
Im going to take that offensively because I dont know what a Troll is..

So I found out what a Troll is ""Do not feed the trolls" and "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see Wikipedia:Deny recognition.

The "trollface", first appearing in 2008, is often used to indicate trolling in contemporary internet culture.[1] Modern usage of the word itself dates from 1980s.
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

Id first off like to say. You need to grow up and read the whole topic before you say anything.

2nd- you posted this in the wrong topic (think thats against the rules)

3rd - do not speak of which you do not know. like I said in prior post on the forum you viewed I am not a big gamer or have I had a computer since I can remember.

I do not know the game my kid plays. seeing as this is my first game on a computer ive played.

Yes there is people out there that are not electronic users and have not used a computer. So please dont come at me with false accusations. You make yourself look dumb.

As for my post about Hardcore mode- I was introduced to this game from a friend once he found out I purchased my first computer and ive been in contact with him learning the game and these ideas i am presenting are a mix of both of our ideas. He played eq when it first came out not anymore.

That being said- You have anything better to do then browse forums finding anyway to be a jerk and call people out on something that didnt need to be called out?

didnt think so.

Last edited:
You could literally implement it as it is outlined in Fuwok's post (outside of the archives zone perhaps) and it would be fine and people would use it and it would be an amazing item and cash sink. What is the problem?

spot on, especially if the implementation would be easy

What about instead throwing the person in the archive they get removed from HC so that the character could be played still but never again in Hardcore mode- I just cant see someoen getting to 65 then dying and never being able to play again with all that hard work. Or even in archives for a period of time and maybe all your armor gets decreased a % or everytime you die you Lose 5 levels.

Everyone probably sees hardcore as something else- I see it as never ending but increasingly hard-
every death = 1 or multiple of the following
-decrease in amount of levels depending on current level
-loss of all your gear
-banished from game into archives for (set period of hours/days)
-must start over at lv 1
-or just kicked out of hardcore mode and ooc announcement to rub it in and FLAGGED "Dunce" or "Fail" for the rest of your gaming life on that character.

just throwing out some ideas to liven up this amazing idea.

That would defeat the entire purpose of even flagging Hardcore. It's completely optional, you know what you are getting yourself into and when you die either re-roll or go back to softcore. If this is implemented, there should be zero interaction with any non archived toons after death. End of story.

I am a troll?
Im going to take that offensively because I dont know what a Troll is..

I think that what Phrog is saying is that a guy on his first computer and playing his first mmo probably isn't going to have developed opinions about why emu populations are declining. Also, my grandmother has never been on a computer in her life and she knows what a troll is.

Back on topic, hardcore sounds like lotsa fun. I'll definitely roll up someone new if this goes live.

Hmm, if you had the zone for the dead to stay dead in. Could you make it pvp entirely, so it becomes kind of like valhalla. You die and go to the endless battleground?

The idea above me, with some structure laid out, sounds flipping awesome.

I'd still play my main anyway because i'd probably end up breaking my computer if (see: when) I lost my hardcore toon.

No, If you die you should be removed from existence completely. This is all or nothing. You need consequences for dying not some sort of warped reward like powar valhalla.

Yea this shouldn't be like little baby mode where you die and you can play your dude in a regular mode or get some second chance. FUCK THAT! You should permanently die and lose all your hard work because a bunch of gnolls killed your twinked out level 27 bard that you spent 100k on because its hard core mode and thats how it is. It shouldn't coddle the player and give them a second chance... thats not very hard core at all.

I think knowing that any leveling session could be your last would add a certain intensity to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom