Have a Cigar: Silvercrown Finale Bug Thread

Kin repeats himself when you save him:

Code:
Silvercrown Sergeant Kin says, 'Thank you so much Gunder! This will take me back to Thurgadin in a jiffy. Meet me at the camp fires near the Mansion of Portals entrance in Thurgadin. We got some other stuff to talk about.' 
Your journal has been updated. [Have a Cigar] 
Silvercrown Sergeant Kin says, 'Thank you so much Gunder! This will take me back to Thurgadin in a jiffy. Meet me at the camp fires near the Mansion of Portals entrance in Thurgadin. We got some other stuff to talk about.'
Also, [Strands of Silk and Frost] doesn't close, and she doesn't tell you she doesn't want anymore, even when she won't take anymore.

Edit:

Some of the other traders don't seem to be able to spell High Trader Shoriva's name. Newport Captain Nevans calls her Shorvina, as does Silvercrown Sergeant Kin's log entry.

Also, his log entry says I'd been advised to speak with her, which I wasn't, and she doesn't seem to have any new dialog about the situation at hand.

Last edited:
So uhm, i was paying a visit to good ol' Lenny and whatever he had to drop wasnt of Mordin's liking. Am i missing something here or is the meat Mordin wants something that doesnt always drop?

Edit:
I dont need this piece anymore, I managed to get the gem from the heart of fire and do the rest (minus bark & blanket) on Mandate's. But this may still be an issue to look at in case others are after Lenny as well.

Still appears to be an issue. He didn't drop anything new and unusual, and Mordin doesn't want his Entrails.

Finally got some dedicated people together to finish this. Took 4 attempts, first 3 attempts with 15 ~tier 10 people, and did not finish in time/died. We brought 17 the last attempt and barely won the last pull with like 1 group left alive and in the process of dying while I talked to Dreina and got my flag. It was winning by the skin of our teeth to say the least. The combination of mobs summoning through walls/appearing from nowhere made the final pull a bumrush with barely a prayer. Keep in mind we were taking the most streamlined route and completely blowing through trash with the dps we had (finished with about 6 mins left). I feel that the final event's time constraint is much too short and it may be too difficult, considering the amount of work the whole High Trader quest line is in itself for just a 10 mana/hp and stun resist/resist upgrade. Just my opinion.

Edit: Also I believe I am only the 4th to finish this quest, and I was the first to start it.

Last edited:
Okay. So I'm on "Have a Cigar" and i've been given pretty precise hints as to where to go to find a certain Sergeant... but, i go to that place, and he consistently does NOT spawn. I've got the thing i am told i need to give him to help him. I tried with the cigar, i tried without the cigar.... i've tried personally clearing that area of mobs, i've tried going in when it's clear... i think i've even tried bum-rushing when it's full. and he WILL not spawn.

i'm about to pull my hair out, for real. I know i'm close... but i think he is bugged. I've spoken with Irelc and he is stuck at the same spot, with the same issues that i am having. Surely 2 having the same issues is not coincidence??

-My character's name is Ishlana Constianna (lvl 65 high elf paladin)

past the rescue....

i finally got past that part. and i talked to the sergeant while he was recouperating, and he said i could talk to a high trader (to remain nameless) who had done this before (finish his quest) and she would give me info on the people in question.

but i went to speak with her, and she told me nothing, save that they had stood up for her once. was she supposed to give me a prompt and i just didn't get it due to a bug or something?

If you consider "Cyzaine never wrote those Dialogues" a bug, then yes, it's bugged. Else, its just a little piece of misinformation...

(Good luck with your meeting!)

(Nwaij has it right... got burned out and never wrote the dialog, and THOUGHT I went and nixed references to someone who'd done it before. Guess I missed it.)

alright... i'm stuck again

Hi. Okay... i had my meeting... i got my quests... i did 3 of them and mandated 3 of them. Mordin gave me an Underbelly renewal. Underbelly gave me an underbelly renewal. and the jeweler gave me an underbelly renewal.

I'm not certain who i'm to talk with now. I went to the guy at the fire, and he didn't give me any new dialog. i went to the guy i had the meeting with, and he said that he has nothing which to speak with me about at this time.

i'm about to go to NP and talk with Bendrick and see if that's what i'm supposed to do...

at the very least, i thought you should know about the mandate bug... (see 1st paragraph)....

-Ishlana

ps: True to my word, i went to talk with Bendrick and he told me that i should not be there... that i should be hurrying to secure thurgadin....

so what am i supposed to do? i think my quest is bugged because of the 3 underbelly renewals....

Last edited:
These things are signifigantly easier to diagnose when you post the name of the character whose doing the quest.

Should be easy to figure out after that. I suppose I should be thankful the king dialog has never broken... that would be a rough fix.

I have recently finished the quest.

First I want to thank the staff for correcting the bugs. Neither of the annoying bugs posted here before have happened to me.

I have just to tell the following minor bugs that could be fixed (not very important):
- Quest of Silks didn't close to me.
- Quest of Misery of Shoriva didn't close to me.
- Quest of Legends of the Four I gathered the items but he didn't wanted them, seems doing the 2nd Umbra part is enough cause I got flagged directly for final event.

On a personal note and as it has been said before I find this quest very entertaining, not just plain farming and a lot of different things to do. Final event is also very fun. However, I think it is very long for the tiny upgrade it gives. May get it a bit tweaked with a lil more mana/hp (maybe 5 or so) or with some mod. I don't care really, I am happy having it, but just my opinion.

Have fun!

I'll add some dialog close dangling quests to Davenco post quest. He seems the type to appreciate closure.

Back
Top Bottom