Hope to play soon.

Nexster

Dalayan Beginner
Hi everybody,

I played eq since Kunark came out. I have not played in about 3 years and I quit because I got sick of grinding days on end for exp and nobody ever role played. I looked at all the differences between SoD and the original game and I like what I see. I am just waiting for EQ titanium from amazon. I really like the Idea of GMS actually enforcing rules.

I do have some questions
How much different are the items available in this server I looked on the your wiki and there were only about 700 different items? Is that all the items that exist?
Are any of the original quests and items still exist for instance the Spear of fate?
Could I play a couple hours a week and still make enjoy playing? (I am not a power player, being a Grad student and full time employee.)
Are the factions about the same? For instance is a iksar still kos in freeport?
Would naming a troll shaman Stewpid be a name violations? lol

I cant wait to bash some rat skulls.

Most high-end items are not on the wiki, plus it is maintained entirely by players so lots of stuff is missing.
No content is the same.
If you can have fun not being in a high-end raiding guild then you can have fun. The only part off the game that requires a consistent time investment is if you want to raid on a regular schedule.
The factions are different, most races are non-kos everywhere. You will run into trouble with cleric or paladin NPCs as a shadowknight or necro, and vice versa.
Yeah, that would be a pretty Stewpid name.

if role playing is what you like, then you may enjoy it a lot here.

we have wars, different RP events and so on.

if you have issues with picking a name or afraid it'll get nerfed, here is a post regarding that:
http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php?topic=15573.0

*basically, no real words, adjectives,nouns, verbs, 2 words put together, and no names that have to do with your class and or race ;which also includes foreign words*

if you have any other questions about rules, read some of these stickies first:
http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php?board=54.0

those are our policies and rules, etc. most people who dont read the rules end up getting jailed *which is like a suspension that you serve ingame*

oh, and freeport isnt a starting zone. its actually taken over by the undead.

hope you enjoy your stay :toot:

Still waiting for my EQ titanium in the Mail from Amazon. I hope it gets here soon. I have been having the urge to kill rats and small helpless spiders for weeks. I am assuming that SoD has enough in common with EQ that rats, spiders and the like are the low lvl fodder. What about custom MOBS? Are there any sharks with laser beams attached to thier heads or maybe ill tempered sea bass?

I dont think there are any new models, but they might have new names. There's two or three zones with robots. There's a robot dragon, but no robot sharks I can think of.

I don't remember the exact site but i was actually looking for mmo's created to be played free. I used to play EQ from Ruins of Kunark until shadows of lucalin... it was great but the lack of interest displayed by most of the players in the actual world was a shame. I hope to have many good in character adventures and meet some actual mature adults willing to play a game for fun and not ruin it with racial slurs, mindless use of the words noob or owned and basically just being brats. I need to find the Titanium Series and install it. Hopefully i will be a welcomed member of a decent online community like i have been looking for.

Yeah Thats what I am aiming for to. I hated having to pay to play with a bunch of people who only wanted uber loot. Loot is nice dont get me wrong but the fun part of the game is making friends and going on an adventure.

well being called a noob if its true isn't that much of an insult. I can tolerate it especially because i can assume some key points of the game seemed to have been changed. My disorientation will be enjoyment for all. hehe I am very excited to log in but i think i may have some problems changing files .... i am not a very tech savy person.

I would just like to again state my excitment for playing with you all. Once my fiancee' ok's the purchase of Everquest Titanium, and i wait the week or so to recive it from Amazon then i will join your ranks. Waiting is no fun. I want to post in the "I just started" forum.

Clearly you two need to do what my hubby did and just con your significant others into trying out the game. Then she will get hooked and you will get to not only play but until all hours of the night! :keke:

There is no way in hell my Fiance will play EQ. She claims to like diablo II but she has played it mabye 3 times in the last three years. Then I bought her Boogies Revenge for the Xbox 360 (she love Nightmare before Xmas. I think she played that twice. About the only thing she will play on a regular basis is Mario party 8 on the wii and that is only when we have friends over.

Lol my fiancee is a mario fiend, she loves mario for the 64 and other cute games with fluffy creatures ans bright colors. I also apologized for being a stupid man and ordered my EQ Titanium from Amazon so within i week i will be chatting with you all in game :D. It is SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME !! i may start with a berserker or a shadow knight if those are even options. I have never played a berserker as they where released after i stopped playing. I am excited toi use character's i had in EQ but had no reason to role with them.

Severson_14 said:
i may start with a berserker or a shadow knight if those are even options. I have never played a berserker as they where released after i stopped playing.

Shadowknights, yes. Berserkers, no.

Back
Top Bottom