How to Fix Broken NPC Models for Steam/Daybreak Installs (a.k.a. Naked Humans Everywhere!)

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
NOTE: As of 5 December 2017, this thread is obsolete and will no longer be updated. The patcher should provide all necessary files and any future updates. If you're here hoping to fix rampant Human models everywhere on a Titanium install, know that Titanium is no longer supported and the only fix is for you to update to a Steam or Daybreak install.

If you're playing Shards of Dalaya using modern EQ files, you most likely see broken NPC models everywhere in the form of naked male humans. The fix for this is simple and only requires a ~30 KB download.
  1. Download the attached New _chr Files.zip.
  2. Open the .zip.
  3. Drop all files from the .zip into your modern EQ directory, overwriting all when prompted.
  4. Log in (or /cm refresh) and enjoy working models!
Please share any problems you run into here.

NOTE: This restores ~98% of NPC models for Steam/Daybreak installs, but as I compiled these 154 files on my own "the old-fashioned way," a few zone/monster combinations have slipped past me. These will be fixed later on either through the SoD patcher or through an update to this post.

===== UPDATES TO ATTACHED .zip FOLDER =====
  • 29 September 2017
    • Added Dire Wolf (diw) to iceclad
  • 1 October 2017
    • Added Solusek Ro Guard (srg), Efreeti (efe), and Solusek Ro (sro) to solrotower
  • 20 October 2017
    • Added Air Mephit (amp), Efreeti (efe), Nilborien (qzt), and Phoenix (phx) to poair.
    • Fixed incorrect reference to Animated Armor (aam) in poair, hohonora, and hohonorb.
  • 17 November 2017
    • Added warslikswood_chr.txt to account for Forest of the Fallen.
  • 30 November 2017
    • Added Grobb Resident Male (grm) to felwithea, qeynos. (This is Santa Troll's model.)
  • 1 December 2017
    • Added Brontotherium (btm) to eastwastes.
    • Added Fire Mephit (fmp) to solrotower.
    • Added Phoenix (phx) to pofire and solrotower.
    • Added Sun Revenant (srv) to a number of zones.
  • 5 December 2017
    • Added arttest_chr.txt to account for Hate's Fury B.
    • Alphabetized felwithea.
    • Fixed incorrect reference to Netherbian (net) in fieldofbone.
    • Removed duplicate entries for the following models:
      • Qeynos Citizen Female (qcf) in felwithea
      • Field (gtd) in mmcc and mmcf
      • Gelatinous Cube (cub) in sebilis
      • Wyvern (wyv) in skyfire
      • Mouth of Insanity (moi) in skyshrine

Attachments

• New _chr Files.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
If you're playing Shards of Dalaya using modern EQ files, you most likely see broken NPC models everywhere in the form of naked male humans. The fix for this is simple and only requires a ~30 KB download.
  1. Download the attached New _chr Files.zip.
  2. Open the .zip.
  3. Drop all files from the .zip into your modern EQ directory, overwriting all when prompted.
  4. Log in (or /cm refresh) and enjoy working models!
Please share any problems you run into here.

NOTE: This restores ~98% of NPC models for Steam/Daybreak installs, but as I compiled these 154 files on my own "the old-fashioned way," a few zone/monster combinations have slipped past me. These will be fixed later on either through the SoD patcher or through an update to this post.
When I logged in last night, I noted my wolf pet on my BST was a human in Athica, will this fix that issue also?

When I logged in last night, I noted my wolf pet on my BST was a human in Athica, will this fix that issue also?
For broken global models, you'll need SoD's GlobalLoad.txt and GlobalLoad_chr.txt. You should be able to get these via the patcher, but in case you can't, try downloading the attached .zip and dumping both files into your Resources subfolder within the EQ directory.

Also note that GlobalLoad.txt in particular has some bloat that will likely be trimmed in the future, so your loading time between server select to char select might be a little slower than usual. GlobalLoad and GlobalLoad_chr.txt have zero impact on zone-to-zone loading times, thankfully.

Attachments

• GlobalLoads.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 13
I just tried both of these attached files, and I'm still having the human models everywhere. I tried running with/without luclin models. repatching all from the launcher, deleting/reinstalling SoD and adding in the chr.txt files attached above.... I'm using an install from Titanium.

Back
Top Bottom