How to post here [READ THIS FIRST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
Any comment along the line of "I urge everyone to stay away from this quest" or "Noone do this it's not worth it just don't!" or similar will earn you a deleted post and a ban in-game. This forum is for constructive cricticism, and if you think a quest isn't worth it you should post a suggestion as to how to make it more worthwhile.

Example of a good post is "Up the drops on the ratman skeletons, please, the ancient berry pie quest isn't really worth the effort right now!"

Example of a bad post is "I just spent 2 hours on the ratman skeletons this quest SUCKS everyone STAY AWAY do NOT do the ancient berry pie quest!"

Our policy on losing quest components that make you unable to continue the quest is that if the loss is somehow the server's fault or a bug, you will be reimbursed. However, destroying, trading away, or otherwise losing a quest item in a way that is entirely your fault will not get you a reimbursement, even if it this means you can not continue a quest.

Be careful what you destroy.

Getting your quest problem fixed [READ BEFORE POSTING]

Currently I'm the only person fixing quests, and you all know what my workload is like. If you want quests fixed in a timely manner, PLEASE try to include so much information that it's just a matter of me having to tweak what's wrong, not hunt through the quest files to find NPC names and such. FOR EXAMPLE:

ISSUE: Huntmaster Bob is rejecting your quest turnin.

USUAL POST: Huntmaster quest is broken im turning in 3 sinew & box but nothing happens??

When this is posted, I first have to figure out what quest they're talking about, and if it's a quest I didn't write, what turnin he's talking about, at what stage of the quest this is, and then hunt down item IDs, names, rewards, check flag issues, etc, etc.

If you instead post:

"Hi. I'm on the portion of Huntmaster Bob's quest where I've received the Spear of Hugs and he wants me to collect 3 mammoth sinew and 1 small box of baboons, but when I try to turn in the box of baboons and the 3 mammoth sinew he gives them back. When I hail him, he only says 'go out and get the box and the 3 mammoth sinew! I think there might be an issue because I tried to skip one step ahead earlier, by giving the box of baboons to Huntmistress Booga"

This type of post will cut down the time required to fix the quest from 30-60 minutes to 5 minutes, 99% of the time.

So when you post, please include:

EXACT NAME OF QUEST NPC
WHAT STAGE OF THE QUEST YOU ARE ON
WHAT THE QUEST NPC SAYS WHEN HAILED
EXACT NAMES OF ITEMS/NPCS INVOLVED IN THE ERROR
YOUR OWN SPECULATION TO THE PROBLEM (if any)

Thanks!

MQ Broken - Satchel turn in wipes erimal seeker rune

Dear Wiz,
I realize how busy you are and apologize for having to post through this channel. I read through a handful of different forum posts and found the one you wrote concerning broken quests. I believe that my posting is valid since the deletion wipes the item outside of the safeguards put into place by the developement team, though since I might have been able to avoid the loss by emptying the bag, I realize that this might be partially my fault and that I risk jail time or bannage through this post. Obviously something I don't desire though I'll let you determine if I went about the right channel.

EXACT NAME OF QUEST NPC: Seeker Navin in Undercaverns
WHAT STAGE OF THE QUEST YOU ARE ON: Part V MQ after completing core turn ins to Seever Navin Before turn in of Prototype Codex II to High Seeker Gavin.

WHAT THE QUEST NPC SAYS WHEN HAILED: When Seeker Teresia is hailed there is no response (I was hoping since I had completed all elements and subquest up to MQ V that not having Seeker Rune might prompt a second being given.)
EXACT NAMES OF ITEMS/NPCS INVOLVED IN THE ERROR Upgrade to Seeker Storage Satchel from Seeker Apprentice Satchel from Seeker Navin, Seeker Rune was in Satchel during upgrade and deleted in upgrade.

YOUR OWN SPECULATION TO THE PROBLEM (I assume that Rune was in satchel during upgrade and when the item was upgraded it deleted old satchel and items within and placed a new satchel in its place.)

I'm not positive that the rune was in the satchel, but i did have it on my character at the time of the upgrade and noticed it was gone after returning to bank and searching my entire inventory. Double checking that i had not mistakenly left it in the bank. I sincerely thank you for your time and consideration with my MQ issue, if you are able to restore the Rune I would be very grateful.

Respectfully Yours,
Vlosdisto
(Login: Merik)

This isnt a bug, you just didnt read the turn in text. It states very clearly in yellow to remove items from the bag, and augs from the tunic, as they will be gone.

As you are not able to do a great number of things without the seeker rune, it can be reimbursed.

For the love of god, please read quest texts.

Hi. I'm on the blackscale Kaladim quest from Etzaazik of the Order. On the very final quest that he gives you to go to the anchored boat and go collect the cargo. Well anyhow i gathered a raid together and we attempted this quest 3 times. So we killed all the boatsmen that spawn until no more came i hailed the cargo and nothing happened i tried bashing the cargo and nothing happened. So then we decided we would try killing the billion hitpoint monster and doing it again and the same thing happened again. So i am not sure what to do from this point as i see not many people have done this quest and nothing is listed in the wiki. I also have screenshots of us killing the cargo not sure if that might help you in helping me.
Anyhow thanks for your time Wiz i guess just respond back whenever you may have a chance.
My characters name is Alur thanks again.

hello, my main character Vocel, and my bot cleric Munzie, are working on The Main Quest, we both had to talk to Haley Swansong, we were on the part where she sends you to talk of eight peoples pasts (Korgen Stoutaxe in Freeport, Leader Dannison in Eastern Plaguelands, Sedran Telvir in Goblinskull Mountains, Dawn Seer Tarnak in Oasis, Captain Nolgund in Thurgadin, Trainer Bindle in Erudin, Historian Allen in Shadowvale, and Theron Praknat in Sadri Malath) I ran to all of these people and went through entire text with all of them. When i got back to Haley Swansong, she says that i did not talk to any of them. Between talking to Haley Swansong and receiving the quest and actually making it to the first NPC (Korgen Stoutaxe), there was a problem with North Newport and a server reset was initated. is there anything that i can do about this short of doing all of the running over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom