How To Setup Shards of Dalaya (Fresh Install)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this demonstration (Which was amazingly helpful thank you) It does not mention the fact we have to delete our map folder, but it does in the "Starters Guide". Is it not necessary to delete the maps, or was this suppose to be "common sense"?

Lintaglen said:
In this demonstration (Which was amazingly helpful thank you) It does not mention the fact we have to delete our map folder, but it does in the "Starters Guide". Is it not necessary to delete the maps, or was this suppose to be "common sense"?

I've found it's best practice to delete the folder entirely, and then drop in the map folder from the website. I will fix the guide when I get back from vacation.

when i try to run the sodpatcher.exe file for the first time it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). click on OK to terminate the application." do you know why this is and is there a way for me to fix it or go around it? I thank anyone for any help that they may be able to give me.

Hi guys, Im new to Game but i had platinum edition on disc, just never played it, and was wonderin if someone could post me the link for the free download, i lost my original CD and only got expansions left.

Nevermind: I just saw the thread about "No download links" =( i think im gonna cry....

google/soe's website are your friend.

nate: did you make sure to install the .net framework? the sod patcher requires it to run.

I'm having some trouble with what you say to do. I'm new, Installed my disks when i Ran "The GAME"(the Game) from my desktop it told me to sign in. Well i don't have an Game account anymore, and its not going to activate. With this problem comes that i cannot bring up the patcher directly, and download the patches that i apparently need. i tried to skip that step by copying the files to the the Game folder but the Application gives me an error stating. "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application." Any solutions for this problem would be greatly appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disregard this Post my problem was solved by downloading .net which i had thought my computer already possessed.

i did everything to setup shards of dalaya and all i get is bad username/password what else can i do to fix this?
:mad: :(

I just got done downloading the sod patcher and when i hit run eq it gives me a Error: String not found (303). Ive deleted my eqstr_us.txt and my eqstr_en.txt and nothing is working any ideas?

Dominus said:
I just got done downloading the sod patcher and when i hit run Game it gives me a Error: String not found (303). Ive deleted my eqstr_us.txt and my eqstr_en.txt and nothing is working any ideas?

In the Advanced screen for the SoD patcher select repatch all and try again. The string not found errors generally mean a corrupt file.

I tried looking on the forums but couldn't find the answer. I've installed Titanium and went through the file scan. I hit "cancel" when the patch download started but there is no "advanced" button to hit. Also, I tried running SoDpatcher.exe and got "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135)."

What am I doing wrong?

How long does the patcher take to patch?

Seems mine has been running for ages and is still patching the same file :/

*nm deleted the file.txt and started again, and all seems ok atm*

You can no longer patch with out a valid PAID account. Now that "the game" has a new patcher was ponding if there is a fix coming for Sod. Even if you own the Cd's as I do with out paying to download you can no longer.

All I can say is there is a way around this... you must find this on your own..

I can not help your i'm sorry.

Blubuds said:
You can no longer patch with out a valid PAID account. Now that "the game" has a new patcher was ponding if there is a fix coming for Sod. Even if you own the Cd's as I do with out paying to download you can no longer.

All I can say is there is a way around this... you must find this on your own..

I can not help your i'm sorry.

As has been mentioned sporadically throughout this board, the best way is to buy "the Game's" Anniversary or Titanium edition for $10 and run the SoD Patcher with "repatch all" option. Regardless of how its been customized, its still a great product and they deserve their due for allowing us to play it. A little inconvenient to have to wait for it to arrive maybe, but $10 isn't going to break anyone's bank :)

I installed all my CDs up to PoP, I followed the Guide on the www.shardsofdalaya.com website, and I'm still getting a String 303, I've tried repatching all with the SOD patcher, with the new Live EQ patcher there is no Advanced tab, so am I going to have to patch the entire game before I can play? 10+ hours =( !

Dominus said:
I just got done downloading the sod patcher and when i hit run Game it gives me a Error: String not found (303). Ive deleted my eqstr_us.txt and my eqstr_en.txt and nothing is working any ideas?

Same exact problem...can't get it to work. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom