Important Bard Songs do not work.

Well good on you for wanting to make your mark on Dalaya.

As I understand it, recruiting dev's has never been a problem its keeping devs...

I don't understand how people think there is some Dev drive. The staff have posts about how to become a dev/gm and they have set a pretty clear standard, why do they need to bump it every 3 months or when someone washes out/burns out? Biggest reason you don't see very many new faces is probably because their standards are so high and that is kinda mandatory.

Actually, I went looking and didn't find it. (I figured it would be a sticky if it still existed.) And it is less about making my mark, as it is about helping out while gaining extra coding experience. Straight forward, helping staff (and therefore the players) helps me in the long run. (So more motives aren't completely altruistic.) As for your corruption worries, my guild is quite dead these days, and I rarely have the time to invest in playing anyways. But I would find the time to work on the code if that opportunity arose.

Irelc also got a tome and a shar vahl crown. Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkyyy.

Resurgum is good at strat heavy fights. You're really just ignorant to the fact that they attempt new content- fail miserably- and go back at it after gearing up some more.

Chill, it was sarcasm.

@Tevinter: 100% serious.

Groups/raids dropping on zone, that was irritating but also fixed pretty quick. Having to reform the raid two or three times a night is hardly more than inconvenient and also super manageable. When I joined this server I thought "If I just had more hot bars" and my wish was granted. Maybe that's why I am not having a temper tantrum.

Actually, I went looking and didn't find it. (I figured it would be a sticky if it still existed.) And it is less about making my mark, as it is about helping out while gaining extra coding experience. Straight forward, helping staff (and therefore the players) helps me in the long run. (So more motives aren't completely altruistic.) As for your corruption worries, my guild is quite dead these days, and I rarely have the time to invest in playing anyways. But I would find the time to work on the code if that opportunity arose.

Then its good you aren't "practicing" on the server because you are fucking retarded. Searching "application" or "applications" seemed to work for me and so did searching Slaariel. Seeing as you are so limited I will help you out.

YOU! KNOW! What is wrong with this server! You have published essays on it! You know that if you just had a chance you could turn it all around... give this place the content it sorely needs! Fix all those weird inconsistencies! Make the raid fight / exp zone / outdoor quest hub that reminds you of the good ol' days of your favorite MMO (maybe even just the good ol' days of SoD).

Well here is your chance! I need some dev team members!

Here is what I want out of you:

-A measure of commitment. It's not a second job but it's definitely work.
-A measure of creativity. We all have ideas, believe me, but we need yours, too.
-A measure of collaboration. Lone wolves just don't get the job done. You need to work w/ people.

Here is what you get in return:

-The ability to make anything in SoD you want. New items, encounters, zones, etc. SPECIFICALLY focused on the second phase of Ikisith, but there is plenty of room for all your ideas.
-Access to the highest levels of communication. If you think something is wrong and you post about it, complain in /guild, etc. that's all fine. But here you are in with the sharks you can make your case personally and hear the REAL reasons why things are the way they are.
-The opportunity to read threads about content YOU have made by people who have done YOUR content! Pretty great if you ask me.
-Much more(????)

Here is what you will send in PM to me:

1: Character names
2: Brief history of your time on SoD
3: Any programming experience (you don't need this but you WILL learn how to do some coding in our super cool scripting language).
4: Short description of the biggest problem / largest void with content on SoD.
5: Long description of how you would fix that problem / fill that void.

Tao said:"If you don't know and don't know the rules and policies enough to know how to contact staff, this is probably not the position for you."

I'm pretty sure dampening falls into the same category of not-working (unless ive been drinking too much and I am remembering wrong).

The HP buff somewhat neutralizes the spell damage mitigation component of MoTS / dampening being broken, but lacking that sweet sweet 15% spell dps increase for fights (esp 6 man and exping) without the aid of the elusive breastlord hurts dps pretty bad. Which kind've begs the question: Why even bring a bard if 2 of their most useful spells dont work? (besides the whole resist thing, or spitting rhymes with headswords)

Groups/raids dropping on zone, that was irritating but also fixed pretty quick. Having to reform the raid two or three times a night is hardly more than inconvenient and also super manageable. When I joined this server I thought "If I just had more hot bars" and my wish was granted. Maybe that's why I am not having a temper tantrum.
Ah, I was just wondering because literally the first thing I did upon loading 2.5 was delete the extra hotbars. Also, how did you only have to reform the raid only 2-3 times a night? Our raid got busted if somebody went linkdead, died, or zoned in. Im pretty sure it also bugged for simply inviting somebody to the group. It felt like playing Russian Roulette with 5 loaded chambers and 1 empty one, but the SoD raid edition. I think the icing on the 2.5 cake for me was after clearing kaltan with a record number of raid/group bugs, a zone crash, and monk aggro fucking a pull, was when we finally engaged the boss only to find out that group heals were only hitting the clerics because of group/raid bugs. Because on the surface, the raid and groups seemed perfectly fine to every raid member, but the game still found a way to fuck our day up.

The group/raid bugs just made unenjoyable parts of raiding even worse. I think the fact that a guild formed overnight to play this game again, only to be deterred by group/raid bugs says quite a bit. But this is only tangentially related to the OP

I'm pretty sure dampening falls into the same category of not-working (unless ive been drinking too much and I am remembering wrong).

The HP buff somewhat neutralizes the spell damage mitigation component of MoTS / dampening being broken, but lacking that sweet sweet 15% spell dps increase for fights (esp 6 man and exping) without the aid of the elusive breastlord hurts dps pretty bad. Which kind've begs the question: Why even bring a bard if 2 of their most useful spells dont work? (besides the whole resist thing, or spitting rhymes with headswords)
If we're talking 6 man: Bards can pull their weight in DPS, and from what I understand, are pretty similar DPS to beastlords. They also have some nasty burst damage with Crescendo tomes and flute nukes. Bards can bring blademaster (a huge buff to all melee DPS in the group, better for monks) and runic 2, which is an absurd AC debuff. Also, resist and hymn of the savior are very strong on select 6 mans. They also bring the ability to mez adds either during fights or during the clear. Lets not forget the potential of group DA either. Not to mention, in 2 healer groups, they are still better than bringing an enchanter (in most cases).

If we're talking raids: Blademaster and runic 2 become even more useful, MR debuff from chant gains value. Murk song and warchant of the tribes have potential. Even without fiery and mots, bards still remain a class easily worth the raid slot. I could go into more detail but I dont even think people read half the nerd junk i post.

Dragonkin has been hitting the raid scene with a fury since about two weeks after 2.5's launch so I will tell you what works for us.

Ways I know for sure will bug your raid:
Raid leader LDs/Camps
Group leader LDs/Camps
you invite someone into a group who is in a different zone while in a raid
someone camps without leaving raid/group (though this one is often fixed with /cm grouprefresh in raids)

If someone LDs while in group or raid they will be bugged and need a reinvite, no ifs ands or buts. Being invited into an empty group bug is cleared pretty quickly by either being invited by a third person and leaving their group or in worst cases camping. As puller and all around monk, I die plenty on raids and I very rarely have problems (I have the steam install since 2.5, used titanium in 2.0). People leaving the raid but still showing as in group clears up nicely with /cm grouprefresh.

Dragonkin will assign groups and the group leader at the star of a raid then group leaders (who have very reliable internet connection) make/update their invite buttons then we buff up and move out. Make sure that the group leader is the one who gets the raid invite (in 2.0 it could be anyone in the group). In the event of a raid bug we try to have full groups formed before raid invites go out but it isn't always the case and seems to have less of an effect on raid bugging. I usually type out commands but other people in the guild have hot buttons to clear group and raids so it goes faster. We have it down to a science now, if it takes us more than a minute to reform I would be surprised (supposing no ninja afkers).

Think like a week ago we had a rough night raiding and had to reform five or six times. I believe the reason it was so noticeable at the time was because we had wiped a few times on this one boss we had done before and got bugged right after we had just reformed.

Murk Song WRU !

Some other things to watch out for while forming raids in 2.5:
Groupleader in the alt R raid window, if it shows none = "REFORM RAID"
Players mana/stamina bars in group window not showing? = "KLOSK ! DISBAND GROUP & RAID, GET A NEW INVITE"
Players not visually seen in zone? = "KLOSK WE CANT SEE YOU ! DISBAND GROUP & RAID, LOG OUT & GET A NEW INVITE"

Oh and if you have to reform a raid 6 times or more in a night you will need a stress Squeezer !
art.obamasqueezehead.jpg

As a newcomer to the server, is it worth continuing to try to keep my bard relevant to the low/mid tier content my guild is doing and hold out for the fixes or shelve him for the time being and bring something else up? I'd prefer not to fall any farther behind in my guild's progression because they are a good group and I came in a little late as it is, but without being able to fully contribute due to mechanics limitations I'm worried that may occur anyway so a bit of reasonable advice from some vets would be a big help.

As a newcomer to the server, is it worth continuing to try to keep my bard relevant to the low/mid tier content my guild is doing and hold out for the fixes or shelve him for the time being and bring something else up? I'd prefer not to fall any farther behind in my guild's progression because they are a good group and I came in a little late as it is, but without being able to fully contribute due to mechanics limitations I'm worried that may occur anyway so a bit of reasonable advice from some vets would be a big help.
As Tevinter eloquently points out above, even hamstrung bards have significant value in most (all?) situations.

As Tevinter eloquently points out above, even hamstrung bards have significant value in most (all?) situations.

Word, So working with another bard, we are fairly limited to the raidwide buffs of regen and combat procs, adding group haste and keeping with the situational roles of dps and cc? Just trying to get a solid idea what we would have to work with.

Word, So working with another bard, we are fairly limited to the raidwide buffs of regen and combat procs, adding group haste and keeping with the situational roles of dps and cc? Just trying to get a solid idea what we would have to work with.
If you are in melee group or have blademaster tomes done, blademaster is always worth playing. Im not sure if ancient mindflayer and murk song stack, but both of those would be useful as well. If I'm not mistaken, relic regen provides some overcap mana regen, so that is also really good to play. Somebody could test Warchant of the Tribes, and if functioning, would be great to add to your playlist. Theres also the super super super situational potential to play Blademaster+McVaxius if you are in a monk heavy melee group. Resist songs and Hymn of the Savior when applicable too. Other than that, just try to maximize your DPS. Get yourself an Experimental Staff of Skycalling from dread, the t2 mob in field of bone. According to some bards, its one of the best weapons you can get until much later in the game. I think it falls off once you get 4.3 sword, and your melee dps becomes a lot better. I'd also consider experimenting with throwing weapons and using a flute+drum versus bosses. However, this set-up would be pretty mana intensive. Even in your nerfed state you are of more value to raids than a lot of classes.

If you are in melee group or have blademaster tomes done, blademaster is always worth playing. Im not sure if ancient mindflayer and murk song stack, but both of those would be useful as well. If I'm not mistaken, relic regen provides some overcap mana regen, so that is also really good to play. Somebody could test Warchant of the Tribes, and if functioning, would be great to add to your playlist. Theres also the super super super situational potential to play Blademaster+McVaxius if you are in a monk heavy melee group. Resist songs and Hymn of the Savior when applicable too. Other than that, just try to maximize your DPS. Get yourself an Experimental Staff of Skycalling from dread, the t2 mob in field of bone. According to some bards, its one of the best weapons you can get until much later in the game. I think it falls off once you get 4.3 sword, and your melee dps becomes a lot better. I'd also consider experimenting with throwing weapons and using a flute+drum versus bosses. However, this set-up would be pretty mana intensive. Even in your nerfed state you are of more value to raids than a lot of classes.

I think I was with someone last night that parsed warchant and found it broken as well but good tips for alternatives nonetheless thanks.

Chill, it was sarcasm.

Then its good you aren't "practicing" on the server because you are fucking retarded. Searching "application" or "applications" seemed to work for me and so did searching Slaariel. Seeing as you are so limited I will help you out.

Tao said:"If you don't know and don't know the rules and policies enough to know how to contact staff, this is probably not the position for you."

Actually, if anyone is retarded, it is you.
A) I said I checked stickied threads for anything relevant. I would expect if they were actively recruiting now, they would sticky it.
B) I did do a search after that, did you bother to check the dates on those threads? The GM thread was from 2013, and the dev thread was form 2011. I don't know hoe valid or up=to-date a 5 year old thread would be on the situation.
C) Your help, and a bus token, still wouldn't get me downtown. But, please continue with your infantile responses, you really show why nobody should bother anymore.

Psalm of cooling and warnth add DS as well as fire/cold resists raidwide
Hymm of the saviour is functioning irrc
Murk song is not procing yet /cry's
Psalm of the four and mystical shielding top raidwide resist songs
blademaster and mindflayer are group only but seem to be working
mez song is good for holding one mob down (maybe 2 if ya only mez)
DD increasing songs are functioning and always a good choice raidwide

in short even half a bard functioning which I dont believe is the case (pretty sure bards are like maybe 90% functioning) is OP compared to many classes

Well, this another part of the problem I'm running into. The consensus on what actually is not functioning, is anything but, and I guess I'll just have to make the time to test stuff on my own.

Back
Top Bottom