In-Game Languages

Breigon

Dalayan Adventurer
From an implementation point, how hard would it be to add in the skilling up of the languages in game by using them?

Personally, one of my habits on live oh so long ago was that I would sadistically max out every language that I could put 1 point in at the trainer. To replicate my habits on SoD, I was curious how much effort it would be to implement the languages here as well.

From a lore standpoint, languages could be fun.

Thank you.

Last I checked, not hard at all. However, with such a small population and how little they got used on Live, it just seems not worth it, so other stuff received attention.

If a dev had time to look into making this a reality, I would <3 you forever.. more than I already do for all your dev-y-ness.

I used to teach people langs in the Bazaar on live. Got a few people to max out all of their langs just spamming a macro of I'm a little Teapot endlessly while they wandered off AFK.

Other than occasionally using a different language to talk in secret code so other people can't understand you, I really can't see any benefit to implementing languages. As it stands now right now, if they were added, there would be no reason to skill up a language other than to say "Look I did it".

My other problem with languages is that even if somebody were willing to go through all of the NPCs and add a language to them, which would be tedious and unlikely, they only serve as an artificial barrier to entry since all you'd have to do is find a friend who can make a macro to spam gibberish at you until you are maxed out.

So to answer your question, it's possible but since there's other more pressing things to be done, this is way on the back burner.

I used to teach people langs in the Bazaar on live. Got a few people to max out all of their langs just spamming a macro of I'm a little Teapot endlessly while they wandered off AFK.

Same but in PoK. PLing was easy too so worst case you would level a toon to 20 or so and max a language you want on a main, then teach it.

As far as languages serving a practical use, the way the Fae was made seems really good. There is a reason to level it up to a certain point. If there were other tie ins to other languages it should be implemented in a keaningful way as well.

If its introduced in a way I can just spam max, I will just to do as jumbers said. Spam and max just to say I did it.

Other than occasionally using a different language to talk in secret code so other people can't understand you, I really can't see any benefit to implementing languages.

Roleplaying!

So to answer your question, it's possible but since there's other more pressing things to be done, this is way on the back burner.

Yeah, I figured as much. I know its a fairly low priority. ;-) One can dream though, heh.

Should offer someone fame points to submit a working method to get languages working lol

Back
Top Bottom