In Game Weather (Thunder is too damn loud!!!)

hynch

Dalayan Adventurer
Hey guys, I have scoured the depths of the internet in search of a way to either eliminate the thunder noises or turn them down. I didn't find anything. :confused:

If anyone has any tips or fixes for this, I would be eternally grateful. :dance:

I'm fairly certain in the ingame options theres a setting to turn off enviromental sounds

Environmental sounds doesn't include weather. It's just water flowing, crickets chirping, and the like. I've had it off since I started playing.

Sweet thanks for the fix! I think this question/answer would be good in a sticky, I bet many people have this problem. I've had the problem on three different machines now. :)

Thanks again :)

Rather than renaming the sound file and losing a whole bunch of other sound effects. I found "eq sound ripper." A program that extracts sound files out of the snd2.pfs file. I used a sound editing utility to decrease the amplitude in the thunder sound file.

After days and days of scouring the net, the only problem now is that i cant find a utility that will re-package the sound files. A program named FFCreate2 was origionaly used to package the file. The only variant of this program i could find online packages the file in a different format and crashes the client.

If the devs have a proper version of ffcreate i would appreciate a link. I would love to have the thunder sound properly lowered as well.

S3DSpy 1.2 is the best one
EQInside-0.2b-MFC.zip works too but its older i think

before i found shards i was going to mess around and try and set up my own eqemu server. I went around collecting different utilities for modifying eq files.

Error
The file is not fully saved at RapidShare yet. This file is possibly still being uploaded.
Please try again later

Looking forward to downloading this file like you can't believe. That thunder always blasts my speakers like crazy.

Great find brunog, I'm going to give this a try when I get home. Can you edit certian portions of the sound file, or do you need to lower the volume for everything contained within snd2?

I found simply renaming the file as initially suggested is somewhat problematic because other sounds are also disabled (spell-casting being the most obvious).

snd2.prf is kind of like a zip file. i just extracted it. Theres different .wav files for the different sounds. then i edited the files i wanted and repackaged it.

so i just lowered the volume for just the 2 thunder files. nothing else.

(well also test.wav which was a thunder sound effect but i dont know what for. but i dont think thats important.)

Back
Top Bottom