It's been a good run

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
I don't think this post will come to a surprise to anyone, given my general absence from the forums and game, but since people are still asking for me, emailing me and in general seem a little confused about my exact role in the server as of late, I thought I'd make this thread. As of today, I am officially retiring from being server admin on SoD. My own company and the game that I am professionally developing (Dawntide) are taking up too much of my time, and what little free time I do have these days I'd like to spend on more relaxing things than sorting out guild drama. ;)

What does this mean for the server?
Honestly, not much. My duties are already all but handled by Allielyn and Woldaff, who are doing a stellar job carrying on the legacy of the server. The staff has really been overdoing themselves lately and the wave of new content makes me happy for the future of SoD.

Will you still be around at all?
Yeah, I'll still be hanging around in case the staff needs a bit of advice or have a question about a piece of code. I'd also like to spend a little more time running events and maybe even playing a character or two, now that I can do so without getting pangs of conscience for the unfinished things I have on the server. I will also continue to handle the server funding and pay for it if there's a shortfall of donations. SOD is still my baby, it's just that after six years it's grown to be an adult that doesn't need me as much anymore.

What does this mean for your unfinished content like Oggok Mines?
I will make my devnotes available to anyone who wants to pick up the pieces of my unfinished content, but realistically, developers are probably going to want to focus on their own things (especially Ikisith) so it will probably remain unfinished. Sorry. :(

If you have any other questions regarding my resignation, feel free to ask. Otherwise, I'd like to thank Woldaff, Liam, Allie, Thinkmeats, Xeldan, Xardon, Zodium, Zaela, Cyzaine, Gunder, Tem, Ashleigh, Tink, Ikaa, Elo, Kas, Tempus, Rabb, Wany, Foma, Jayelle, Bretto, Aeran, Foonie, Nuralia, Myst, Dujek, any staffers whose names I forgot to mention and all the friends I've made among the players.

To everyone - take care and continue to have fun in Dalaya.

thank you wiz for letting me be a part of your staff and for all the weird awkward moments in irc.

<3 good luck with dawntide!

If you have any other questions regarding my resignation, feel free to ask. Otherwise, I'd like to thank Woldaff, Liam, Allie, Thinkmeats, Xeldan, Xardon, Zodium, Zaela, Cyzaine, Gunder, Tem, Ashleigh, Tink, Ikaa, Elo, Kas, Tempus, Rabb, Wany, Jayelle, Bretto, Aeran, Foonie, Kas, Nuralia, Myst, Dujek, any staffers whose names I forgot to mention and all the friends I've made among the players.

man what a rogue's gallery. I really miss some of those names.

funfact: I'm on there twice. thanks for the double consideration wiz!

Sad to see you go Wiz, but its completely understandable. Thanks for kicking off such a fantastic game, and developing an excellent staff. It's been great working with you these few years, and we're expecting nothing but the best from DT. Make sure you keep popping in to IRC randomly and bash American politics ... can't go too long without Wiz-spam.

Don't look back or even attempt to regret anything either, you've put together a great ride.

Good luck with your next project, Wiz, I have no doubts it will be awesome.

Thanks for having put so much time and effort into creating and maintaining SoD and having an excellent eye for choosing staff (I mean the brilliant devs who work very hard to continue your work).

Thanks for trusting the staff, the funny/snarky comments, for backing me up when needed and not bringing me into your political debates!

Thanks for the great sever. Good luck to you with Dawntide and whatever else you choose to do.

I spent nearly 6 years playing WR/SoD under your watch. Thanks for the good times, and good luck with your business and anything else that may come.

I owe Wiz a great amount of thanks for allowing me to have a hobby as fulfilling and interesting as SoD. To think that this started as a dream in a single C++ learning Swedish teenagers head still boggles me as I see the community we harbor and the plans we have. I have no doubt that Dawntide will be amazing all considered.

Everyone who has played this game owes Wiz a pat on the back. It has been a fun two and a half years for me on your staff and I hope that me and Allie can so much as hold a candle to your vision.

Cheers Wiz. If Dawntide steals our entire playerbase I expect a job :hmpf:

Thank you so much. I know you don't know me. But thank you, thank you.

I'll have to give Dawntide a shot ; )

Thanks for providing this awesome server to us to play, I have truly enjoyed what you have done with it, and really enjoyed being part of the team and working with you <3, Also, this is sadder than the Xeldan post :(
You should send me your Oggok Mines notes, I bet I could work on that during my free time :)!

hmm well being new to the server i dont know much about the owner but i would like to thank him for keeping this server up for six years thats an amazing amount of time and im sure he put alot of effort into this server so thank you for the great server and heres the the future fun times we will have in it :D

Back
Top Bottom