It's been a good run

I wish you the best of luck with Dawntide Wiz and appreciate everything you have done for SoD. I definitely have enjoyed my time spent playing here and will continue to do so for more time to come. 8)

Last edited:
thanks wiz for all the work you did for this game. to bad woldaff will not be able to live up to your skills. lol

Thanks for providing so much fun to so many people for so long, Wiz.

You should be proud of yourself.

I know I'm late coming to this party, I would feel ungrateful if I did not post my own thoughts. But what should I find? Wold has already posted them! We've clearly been working together for too long.

I owe Wiz a great amount of thanks for allowing me to have a hobby as fulfilling and interesting as SoD. To think that this started as a dream in a single C++ learning Swedish teenagers head still boggles me as I see the community we harbor and the plans we have. I have no doubt that Dawntide will be amazing all considered.

Everyone who has played this game owes Wiz a pat on the back. It has been a fun two and a half years for me on your staff and I hope that me and Allie can so much as hold a candle to your vision.

I couldn't have said it better.

I first started playing this game nearly 4 years ago, and was addicted. I won't say there weren't problems (as I recall any player was auto-removed from his group on zoning: it was especially annoying on group wipe) but I loved the vision of it, and when Wiz ran a single-group GM event for my newbie level 12 BB group, he unknowingly secured my heart to his server forever.

Years later, post bard-melody changes, SoD 2.0 (18 man raids), and BoE economy changes (along with a host of expanded content and major and minor bugfixes) I can say with confidence that the game as guided by Wiz's vision has only gotten better, despite a lot of doomsaying with each major change (and many of the minor ones). I, too, hope that Woldaff and I can hold a candle to that vision.

woldaff said:
Cheers Wiz. If Dawntide steals our entire playerbase I expect a job :hmpf:

lol! That, too.

thanks wiz

SoD and the way that you guys designed a fun/stable/functional mmo enabled me, my brother, and some old RL friends to start playing games together again as we're all adults now.

i'm baffled every day how this server has been able to function drama free and really just... make such a good product available for free.

emu's typically fail fast and fall on their faces... this appears to be managed so nicely and functioning so well.

grats and good luck.

WizWizWiz

Wiz, first off id like to say thanx for never banning me from the game while under your control i know i always got under your skin but all is well bro, you take it easy hit me up on one of The Ozz Crew some time. never know maby you will see some of my names in your dawntide game /mourn for you hahaha , its been great wiz didnt think id ever be telling you peace out trout this is my sand box now!!!

I wasn't around long enough to get to know you as well as the others, but don't worry... the new guys will keep SoD going strong.

Keep us updated on DT!

Havn't been on much the last few days, so I missed the news. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for giving us the great server. I've been an off/on player for the last 2 years due to RL, but I've always rated it at the top of my favorite places to hang out =). I wish you the best with Dawntide, and I damn well expect you to drop a note when your ready for testing!

Bye Wiz. Very good community you have set up here and it will always be here when you decide to come around. Good luck.

Thanks for the awsome server. I started in late 2005 just before 2.0 changes and had a blast. missed a lot of changes due to RL but came back in 2007 to see just how awsome the server is. I keep tryin to leave but the addiction is to great. Guess I'll stick around and continue to enjoy the fruits of your and your GM/Dev/Admin's labor.
Good luck with Dawntide, Im sure that I'll find my way over there when its released.

It's been a blast Wiz. Thanks for a great server. Your dedication and hard work is really appreciated.

I just noticed that my profile shows me as " Dalayan Beginner " hmmm

Back
Top Bottom