Journey of the 5

Vitali

Dalayan Master
For anyone who likes Final Fantasy Tactics, this game may be for you. A group of developers made a custom game with the FFT game engine. Seems pretty amazing actually. Released for free (I think) 3/29/2013. As far as I know it can be played on a PSX/PS1 emulator or PSP with custom firmware.

Links to webpage below:
Final Fantasy Tactics: Journey of the 5

Cinematic Scene:
Final Fantasy Tactics - "Journey of the 5" Beginning Cutscenes

Download Link:
DOWNLOAD

How to "Perfectly Set Up ePSXe" for FFT/FFT:Jot5
FFT In pixel perfect resolution

I've been wanting to do some hardcore FFT for a while, but I got sick of using my PS2 and wanted to switch to an emulator. However, I never got a working BIOS to get ePSXe or other PS1 emulators working, and I don't want to go to the effort of making my own. We should talk....

So I just made it easy, and uploaded the game to my google drive. Below is a direct download link:

Journey of the 5

I figured it would be okay to post, since it's more or less an original game. If it's not okay, feel free to edit this post link out.

[Edit]
Here is a copy of ePSXe 1.8. I configured it all to work without any noticeable problems. Any window sizing issues you may have just refer to previous post "FFT in perfect pixel resolution"

ePSXe 1.8.0

Last edited:
Such things are legal in most countries, if not all. Maybe a couple European countries might not like it much, but that's really about it.

Well I meant more for this board's rule system. I know it's frowned upon/ against the rules to link DLs to games or things you'd have to purchase (or at least I thought). But seeing as how it is patched and no longer really resembles the original, aside from resources used to create it, I figured it would be okay.

I've been wanting to do some hardcore FFT for a while, but I got sick of using my PS2 and wanted to switch to an emulator. However, I never got a working BIOS to get ePSXe or other PS1 emulators working, and I don't want to go to the effort of making my own. We should talk....

Uploaded my ePSXe folder to gmail drive. put it in the comment including the .iso for Jot5.
So far, game seems pretty fun.

I've been a member of FFHacktics for a few years now, ever since I discovered FFT my second or third year of college. (I was a late bloomer in appreciating the game's greatness, I know!) When I next get that hankering for some FFT, I'll definitely check this out. Wish that more games had cutscenes, dialog, and voice acting in the style of the PSP's WotL. That scene where Ramza and Delita reminisce over making a whistle from grass still gets me every time!

Posting on a mostly dead thread here:

Found this while playing Journey of the Five. Wanted the vanilla style story of FFT, but always thought the original was laughably easy. The story was great, so I always kinda put up with the lousy difficulty. NO MORE THOUGH! Final Fantasy 1.3 is a vanilla storyline FFT with additions that bring the game more in balance + add some difficulty. The changes are immediately noticeable from the first battle on.

There is also a version released that had all the 1.3 content, but without the additional difficulty. This is not to say that 1.3 alone isn't harder then the original because of the balancing of classes. I've added a fully patched version of both below along with a link to the page responsible for creating it.

First Battle of FFT 1.3 Insane Difficulty

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 Insane Difficulty: Website

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 (Easy Version)

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 (Original/ Hard Version)

Information About Playing Final Fantasy 1.3

One of the differences between the two is, "easy" version doesn't have level scaling to players for story battles (I am sure anyone who's played realized they could sandbag in each map using Ramza's Yell [Tailwind -PSP] to get SPD 50 + EXP + JP and outlevel the AI by leaps and bounds) and the original version does. So being cautious about leveling Ramza with the rest of your party is certainly a concern. There are many more, but I am sure everyone is capable of reading it if they are interested =p

[Edit]

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 Homepage

Last edited:
Nice to meet you all. I'm the creator of Journey of the Five (or rather at this point, the person who started it). We worked very hard to make Jot5 Chapter 1 into what it is and are thrilled that people seem to be enjoying it so much. It makes the Ch2 development much smoother when we stumble across other sites that are enjoying it as well.

Be sure to update to the latest version (1.96b) so that you can control guests in random battles, and we always appreciate feedback on FFH :D

Back
Top Bottom