"Kind of a classic EQ" server in the works

Re: "Kind of a classic Game" server in the works

So i bet kurnak will we fast event also.

Damn ppl must have no lives to get to 50 that fast and start raiding.

Chinghis said:
What the hell does that mean? I have no particular desire to wade through the dreck found at their forums, but, I am a bit curious. What'd they do that the Company finds OK, but certain players might not?!

Combine.Net Forums

"Takes real men to bind rush a dragon, lemme tell ya. Grats FoH on the sloppy zerg kill"

"I heard people were loosing several levels to accomplish this!? That's no accomplishment"

"Bind zerging is lame and shows no skill what so-ever. End of story."

And on and on and on and on.....

Most of the play every night mid lvl guilds are lvl teens-30. The "we are going to be a fast raiding UTD" guilds are 30-45. The 2 guilds on Combine who killed all the main mobs do not have their guild pages linked on the forum so I dont know what lvl their players are.

I do remember members of the 2 guilds who "won" had a bunch of bots and were KSing and training a lot when I was on Combine the first week. They would train madmen and giants into the noobie area of NRo basically the only zone with a good mob to player ratio between lvl 5-upper teens.

All the company cares about is the mobs were killed no matter how f'ed up the ways and means were. Though they wouldnt say this was a "classic" server they did say it was old school and there was gonna be timers to prevent things like this from happening, a few blasting their way through content and openeing expansions before 90% of the server isnt ready for them. Their 2 week wait to open Kunark is BS because how many other guilds will be UTD and able to start attacking Kunark head mob content by that time? These 2 guilds will have plenty of time to stock up on any good gear from old world and will start off right off the bat farming Seb to get better drops.

MystikRavyn1512 said:
Combine.Net Forums

"Takes real men to bind rush a dragon, lemme tell ya. Grats FoH on the sloppy zerg kill"

"I heard people were loosing several levels to accomplish this!? That's no accomplishment"

"Bind zerging is lame and shows no skill what so-ever. End of story."

And on and on and on and on.....

Most of the play every night mid lvl guilds are lvl teens-30. The "we are going to be a fast raiding UTD" guilds are 30-45. The 2 guilds on Combine who killed all the main mobs do not have their guild pages linked on the forum so I dont know what lvl their players are.

I do remember members of the 2 guilds who "won" had a bunch of bots and were KSing and training a lot when I was on Combine the first week. They would train madmen and giants into the noobie area of NRo basically the only zone with a good mob to player ratio between lvl 5-upper teens.

All the company cares about is the mobs were killed no matter how f'ed up the ways and means were. Though they wouldnt say this was a "classic" server they did say it was old school and there was gonna be timers to prevent things like this from happening, a few blasting their way through content and openeing expansions before 90% of the server isnt ready for them. Their 2 week wait to open Kunark is BS because how many other guilds will be UTD and able to start attacking Kunark head mob content by that time? These 2 guilds will have plenty of time to stock up on any good gear from old world and will start off right off the bat farming Seb to get better drops.

Wow, thanks for looking into that and passing it along. Figures that it was FoH. Just as happy I didn't take them up on their offer. This place is as old school as I need.

RoI didnt bind rush ct/inny

IV (guild im in) didnt bind rush any of the mobs.

But yeah foh cheesed vox/naggy apparently a lot of their wizards lost 1+ lvls on naggy and such hah

Sure it's a little unconventionally and/or cheesy but the fact still remains they got the kills so quit complaining about it if another guild had thought to do the same thing and was able to they'd have done it too if they were smart. A few levels or a chance at a cloak of flames...hmm you do the math. They'll all be 50 again by the time kunark is unlocked anyways so what's it to them win/win situation imo. Congrats to FoH for being the #@$*blocks that they always were as a guild in the olden age of EQ. I give them some credit at least they killed them first. I'm sure if they'd all been 50 they wouldn't have needed such tactics anyways, but the thing is why wait if they were able to allready. That's 2 extra dragon kills essentially in the long run the levels lost don't amount to squat in the sum of things and they realized that so grats to them for using there brains. They were one of the top 2 guilds in EQ for years on end for a reason they play hard and play well they only other guild that was really on par with them was afterlife and legacy of steel somewhat from what I recall. You can cry fowl play all you want, but they didn't exploit so get bent imo zerg or not. It's not like they can bind/rush every mob in the game and still be #1 on the server anyways so I don't get the complaints personally.

They arent #1 on the server roi is last I heard.

But what do I know or care

Hmm, I may have to play.

If I can't find my old account info, I'll have to get all the expansions again which I am not going to do though :(.

its like 10 or 20 bucks for most of them + a free month

Played since the servers came up, almost halfway through my 40's at the moment. You don't know how awesome it is goinginto one of the few 40+ areas for gear drops and grinding in old world and seeing all the camps taken by "certain guilds" using 1 or 2 members to TRI or even QUAD box a camp.

Some of the stuff I've seen is sickening. One day in Cazic I grouped with a guy boxing a cleric and 4 naked mages and wanted me to pull for him.

Hmm, I could get the titanium pack for 20$. The only thing that bothers me is that by the time I get 50 everyone will be sitting in Dreadlands instead of killing in Lguk and stuff :(.

shrug there are tons of ppl, im sure lguk will still be camped

duma what server you on? combine or sleeper?

Combine. Probably should have went to Sleeper when I heard FoH was coming to The Combine. But then I'd have to deal with all the Reds I heard chose Sleeper as their server.

Well the progression servers are offically ruined. Hackers got into the PoKnowledge and were selling content locked spells and tomes to certain guilds as well as those guilds exploiting an experience bug/loop to get their core up to 50 in a few days.

Heard IV was the main player over on The Sleeper. You weren't in on that action were you Taws?

Wat a total asstacular job Sony did on these servers.

Duma said:
Well the progression servers are offically ruined. Hackers got into the PoKnowledge and were selling content locked spells and tomes to certain guilds as well as those guilds exploiting an experience bug/loop to get their core up to 50 in a few days.

Heard IV was the main player over on The Sleeper. You weren't in on that action were you Taws?

Wat a total asstacular job the Company did on these servers.

surprise :toot:!

I am really really sorry to go bumping this thread. But, I feel the need to ask. Is there any reason to play on one of these servers anymore? Or are they the equivelent of the others now?

i myeself still play on sleeper.. currently..the progression is up to vellius being unlocked.
and that was jsut a couple of weeks ago. combine tends to plow thru EVERYTHING...(for reasons i wont bother rehasihing here).. :mad:
but sleeper..by its nature tends to be weeks even months behind combine on progression (this is actully on purpose as majorty of the player base deliberty slows things down so we can expierince the conthent..even going so far as to hit a couple of the needed quests..and delebertly NOT do the final turn in to slow it down....). ((casued vellius to open nearly a mnth behnd combine cuz someone "sat" on the shadowknight epic ROFLOL)
and yes those "locked content items" did get released into the world..but eh devs moved in and quickly shut them down..so even those folks that have the items/spells are finding they DONT WORK>. and /or WONT equip.. least till the correct expanison is properly locked...though it is sad that most of velous was plowed thru on both servers within days of the opening. :dumb:

but then.. hey isnt that why more and more folks are coming "here"?? (like me) HEH

Interesting. Sounds like Sleeper is definitely the server I'd want to play on then, should I decide to at all. I really liked SoD, but there have always been some things I've missed from EQ. When I realized my characters were gone now (because of not playing for a while), it has given rise to this desire to enter into EQ again. It's a nostalgia thing, really. And the fact that I never actually got to experience a lot of the game. Though hearing about Freeport being redone puts me off a bit.

Sorry if it's been mentioned (or if I'm just stupid), but how much does it cost a month to play on Sleeper?

Kyosho said:
Interesting. Sounds like Sleeper is definitely the server I'd want to play on then, should I decide to at all. I really liked SoD, but there have always been some things I've missed from Game. When I realized my characters were gone now (because of not playing for a while), it has given rise to this desire to enter into Game again. It's a nostalgia thing, really. And the fact that I never actually got to experience a lot of the game. Though hearing about Freeport being redone puts me off a bit.

Sorry if it's been mentioned (or if I'm just stupid), but how much does it cost a month to play on Sleeper?

Should be the regular 13.95/month or whatever the subscription costs. They also offered a free month or so to folks who had quit, trying to get us to come back. I never activated mine, but I think the offer was good through the end of this month or so. You might wantto check whatever email account you have on record with them.

Back
Top Bottom