Latest on 2.5 (11/23)

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
We've had success now downing 2 raid encounters (albeit with a little help to compensate for brokenness) and a 6 man. Congrats to the folks who received real loot from that!

I think we're running a bit behind still, but not very much. The raids over this weekend yielded about 30 new bugs of varying degrees of severity. This sounds like a lot, but it's actually not too bad as many are quick fixes. The issues that need resolution prior to rollout:

- Some GM commands crash zones (this is sort of important) - FIXED
- Some class AAs are not working
- Focuses are still busted (though I think tomes are good now?)
- /w all lags the entire server - Can't seem to reproduce this one, may have been something else
- Groups are still fragile, and have issues like not being able to see HP updates, which makes healing REALLY hard
- Group heals are wonky, I believe due to the above problem
- Raids can't be destroyed without crashing the zone
- A few spells don't work, I have the ones I know about catalogued
- A couple of mob mechanics (monster summon) seem to crash the zone
- Tools from 2.0 need to be migrated to 2.5
- Issues related to character migration

Many others are either QOL issues, display bugs or annoyances that we can go live without. Zone stability is better than it has ever been, and I'm not seeing any more runaway CPU/memory issues. We have built the production system and, once a few more of these are taken care of, will probably roll to the production hardware. The fact we were able to test actual encounters (with some help) and that they worked largely as intended is a huge, huge milestone.

What does this mean to all of you? Here are my recommendations:

- Install 2.5 and get it working. Check the FAQ, and if you have specific problems, please hop in #25Testing in IRC. Please check the FAQ first, I'm a super busy guy and would prefer to avoid questions that have been answered before
- Make sure your fomelo is current and correct. I will be using that in the event there is a discrepancy when we move to 2.5 (tomes missing, AAs wrong, etc.)
- Consider hopping onto 2.5 for a bit and playing around with UIs. As testers will tell you, it is a HUGE shift from the current client. Some is good. Some is bad. If you have a custom UI, I suggest starting to work on it.
- Do not bother buying AAs. They will be rolled back later today (11/24) as I do a character update.

With a holiday (Thanksgiving for non-US folks) this week, I am not sure if I will be able to separate from family crap or not. I'd rather be coding to be honest. :) So it's a little hard to say final schedule, but we're not talking a month here. I am hoping, praying, we're talking a week, maybe two at worst, behind schedule. As a reminder, this is going to be bumpy, I won't lie, there will be a lot of frustration on both sides during rollout. Please be patient and understanding, we want this out worse than you all do. :)

That's what I know, as always, feel free to find me just about 24x7 in #sod in IRC.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom