Lesser Pilrgimage to mecca

i do only have to do it once, but i enjoy doing it and i am meeting my family (who i haven't seen in a year) there

Take pictures, there's some hella cool scenery over there

I was about to say the same thing.

A friend of mine went last year and had a great time! Shes also has family over there and tries to make the trip once a year to visit during this time.

I bet pwr thru will be disbanded by the time you get back XD

have funnnn

Can you please try, once in five times, not to shit up something remotely decent by posting on it?

Delete your post, put something in about agreeing that pictures would be awesome. Fucking retard.

I bet pwr thru will be disbanded by the time you get back XD

have funnnn

Warden of Torment, walking mushroom, ski'rashki (however the hell its spelled), etc. downed just last night.

Lick a ****.

On a better note, hope your trip is going awesome seeing your family and such. Couldn't imagine being half a world away from mine. Safe trip and eat some good food ( and crazy food ) Andrew Zimmern style!

-Marikethil

Last edited:
On that same note, eat some really nasty disturbing food while you're there too, Anthony Bourdain style. We want some good stories when you return. None of this "I had a good trip", we want to hear something awful (ba-dum tish).

I am having a great time. The wierdest thing i've eatten so far is wheat soup i think. Just chicken broth and whole wheat grains. nothing gross quite yet.

I am looking forward to having friend liver/brain sandwiches, though. Also, camel meat is available here.

The most intersting thing so far is that culturally, all the women wear black robes and cover their faces except for a small slit for their eyes (this is loosely based around an islamic concept that women should cover their beauty in front of men who aren't part of their immediate family) , but if you walk into a hotel or go to someone's house they couldn't care less about covering.

Also, on the airplane over they serve alcohol right up until they pass over the Saudi Arabian territory then they have to stop. (Air France apologized for any inconveniences) None of the women were wearing their traditional blade garments, but once the captain announced that we were going to start decending there was a line outside of the bathrooms. Women would go in normal western clothes and come out with their whole bodies covered.

Finally, on the way to Mecca (the city i made my pilgrimage to) there are signed on the highway that read "Muslims only, non-muslims must take the next exit"

It is refreshing to know i fit in with all the other fundamentalists while i'm here

Liver sandwiches are actually pretty awesome, idk about brain though. Prion diseases make me nervous. Liver is a pretty acquired taste though.

What exactly is the reason for this. Thats really interesting.

It's because non-muslims are not allowed into mecca under Saudi law. The Saudi govt supports it based on some dubious support from the Qur'an. This I believe is one of the primary quotes for support of it.

O you who believe, the idol worshipers are polluted; they shall not be permitted to approach the Sacred Masjid after this year. If you fear loss of income, GOD will shower you with His provisions, in accordance with His will. GOD is Omniscient, Most Wise.

That's referring directly to the Mosque in Mecca, though they also do the same thing with Madinah. Basically its outward intent is to provide a peaceful spiritual atmosphere to the city, and keep down congestion etc. However it probably adds to the desire of foreigners to enter, simply because it is forbidden.

Once again i've had the honor to make another pilgrimage to mecca this month. As has become usual in these last 3 years, i meet up with my wife and 2 children and stay for a few weeks in the holy city of mecca. We spend our time worshipping God, catching up on life and doing quite a bit of shopping :p

I've been unable to visit them in egypt due to an unfortunate security problem and the immigration papers i've filed for them have not yet been accepted so this is usually the happiest time of the year for us.

I can't even imagine being separated from my family for that long. I hope you can get their visas worked out soon.

Back
Top Bottom