let's talk about cars

fuwok

Developer
Staff member
I'm sure you dudes have cars. Let's see some pictures of your car.

This is my 2005 Subaru WRX STi on the dyno after getting a big turbo and other performance parts installed:

click for huge.

edit: post a picture of your car or else!

Last edited:
I had a subaru impreza, but for some reason I couldn't keep a working engine in it. now I have a lincoln towncar.

I have an 86 El Camino with a Dixie Horn but it defies photographic capture like some kinda car/truck/vampire hybrid.

Let's see the towncar Nathasar!

That's p cool Dimmi. I've wanted to buy something old but I don't have anywhere to put a second car right now.

Here I am in the shop for a headlight refurb

10507-2006-Chevrolet-Cobalt.jpg

Not my exact personal car but it is the exact year / model / condition as mine. It's identical but I'm too lazy to go outside and open the garage for a picture.

It might make me a bad person but I like the cobalt SS.

edit: new exhaust put in yesterday. Sounds good. Still reasonably quiet.

The pics:

Stock exhaust

Whisper

Cut the pipe to fit

Weld it back in place

The welded catpipe

On the car

Last edited:
I am considering buying a late 90's era Lincoln Mark VIII. 4.6L V8 with 280 HP. I've had a Thunderbird and a Cougar all with the same body type, going for the cycle now.

The Mark VIII is super cool. You don't see many of them on the road any more, at least not around here. The last one I saw was in Rochester, NY about 7 years ago, it was black and in really good shape.

Vroom Vroom. Fuwok I like your stained glass licence plate. My car is boring it's just a 2006 Ford Focus, but at least it's a 5 speed! And it was on the C/D 10 best list.

My buddy has a Focus and I like it a lot. Ford has done wonders for their build quality over the years.

My update of today:

SC3YAqTh.jpg

I have a STI too, its cooler then yours cause its got stickers and lights with colors. So what turbo you go with dom3, fp green? On other hand anyone want 50k on my character?

I have a STI too, its cooler then yours cause its got stickers and lights with colors. So what turbo you go with dom3, fp green? On other hand anyone want 50k on my character?

Yeah, the new FP Green (HTA Green). Yours might be cooler!!!

Then again, mine drinks meth.

SWnctnYh.jpg

25psi (and needing a new motor) here I come.

carefull with meth.. yea anything over 350whp you need new bottom end. im just stage 2 but i have stickers lol. who building your block?

I haven't decided yet. I'm pretty happy with my current shop and they've built some motors that were good, so I might go with them. But there are lots of shops out there and part of me just wants to buy a cosworth block and be done w/ it.

We'll see when/if it blows I suppose. This shop has had a few big turbo stock internals STis running around with between 400 and 500 hp for over 50,000 mi. o_O.

no way a stock bottom end can handle that power for long... where you from i know lots of good engine builders. Maxwell power up here in Wa is good. There gunna build mine this spring. You on NASIOC?

Yeah on NASIOC. NYC

Allegedly pistons are the most common failure point because the OEM ones are shit. I've considered doing headwork/pistons/cams etc but I think I'll just wait until this block starts to give and then go with new shortblock.

edit: I don't think i posted it yet in this thread. This car is ~350whp/~350wtq for the past 2000 miles. Heartbreaker mustang dyno reading, stock STi reads 215whp. Compression is still good... for now. :)

edit edit: my engine told me earlier that it wanted to be converted into one of these anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3dsbsxYsJA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom