Lich line illusion stacking.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
I was reading up on Necro on EQ Live, apperently alot of necro's was upset that they couldn't use illusions, because of the lich line being an illusion...

So on live their fix is that it gives 2 buffs, 1 for the actual mana regen, and 1 for the illusion.

I don't think that is a good solution, but I get the problem. Like in FoF it's nice to be Wood Elf. When your getting your EB chain dispelled, its nice to have a water illusion, and so on.

So here is my suggestion. ..
Have the illusion be on a different illusion slot, so it stacks with all these default illusions, and also still stacks with AoD lines obv (if that is at all possible).

Illusion stacking is already a huge PITA as is. So if NECs really precieve the illusion part of their lich spell to be problematic (do they?), I'd suggest to just get rid of any and all illusion components of it alltogether. (Sorry NECs, no free IvU with your mana regen any more!)

STAFF CAVEAT -- THIS IS NOT MY DEPARTMENT AND ITS BALANCE, CODING, IMPLEMENTATION, RESTRICTIONS, OR DENIAL ALL PROBABLY WOULD INVOLVE ME INDIRECTLY ONLY, IF AT ALL.

I think two buff slots wouldn't be bad idea if there was an urge to add more buff slots (which I believe was a client issue before and is now considered a balance issue? I don't know, there seemed to be opposition to doing so) but with 15 slots it's really hard to rationalize it. I haven't played a necro high tier but for a lot of classes buff slots are already ugly without shoving an extra one I have to worry about wanting sometimes and not wanting on others.

I think two buff slots wouldn't be bad idea if there was an urge to add more buff slots but with 15 slots it's really hard to rationalize it.

Excatly, with 15 buff slots, Lich taking up 2 slots is way way worse, than just leaving it be.

This is not a major issue, but there are times where I have to unblock JB, ask for it, to use illusion (mostly FoF).

Reason I ask for this change is, that I hoped that it would be really easy fixed, currently its in SLOT 1, AoD is in SLOT 8, Gender SLOT 3, ect.; so my idea (hope) is to just change the lich line to an unused slot, if there is such a slot. SLOT 99 available / an option (or other...)?
If this is possible, it would be super easy changed, and wouldn't really make any difference, other than Lich line not having stacking issues with SLOT 1 illusions.

Why Skelly illusion stacking is a huge PITA, I have no idea, and I don't need to know, I'll take a real dev's word for it ;):cool::p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom