Linux SSL/TLS problems with patcher/shardsofdalaya.com

Haenir

Dalayan Master
Recently had to replace my computer and have run into a problem that's stumping me:

Error details: The underlying connection was closed. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

It seems like some kind of issue with the security certificate/WebKit being used by the patcher/shardsofdalaya server. The issue seems to be limited to SoD stuff - I can't get the patcher and shardsofdalaya.com to connect securely - but I've had no issues with anything else connecting securely in a WINE environment.

System specs are essentially identical to my previous setup except I am running a different version of Linux (Linux Mint 18.1 now vs Ubuntu 16.04). Anyone have any thoughts on what the issue might be?

As an aside, I wonder if this is related to why many Windows users are having issues with the patcher and their anti-virus/malware software.

Edit: Figured it out. Turns out Mint comes with 1.6.8 version of Wine installed -- the security authentication issue was resolved in a later version (upgraded to 2.0.1 - but I know 1.9.8 worked as well).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom