LOL I love this club...

Hostyle

Dalayan Beginner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcyrfZCUWGE - This guy is soooooo smart :rolleyes: He speaks for a God and definately knows how his God thinks and works... sweeeeet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDT9v8fSMs - Anyone read her book? O, check out the comments below, specifically the ones stated by sweetbilly. LOL I love her comment - A bear fell into the water and became a whale. I thought water species where before land animals, hmm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0cAiJU0vs - hahahaha I love this dooder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0cAiJU0vs - I think I'z got stupiderrr from watching this one lol but its funny.

Another cool one I found! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3x-20bpMXs&mode=related&search= - A good laugh.

Hostyle said:
A bear fell into the water and became a whale. I thought water species where before land animals, hmm?

Whales as water-living mammals stem from land mammals actually. What the heck do you learn in school nowadays? :dance:

Gea said:
Whales as water-living mammals stem from land mammals actually. What the heck do you learn in school nowadays? :dance:

Sadly, evolution is such a contraversial topic nowadays that it takes exceptional teacher courage to put it on the cirriculum.

iaeolan said:
Sadly, evolution is such a contraversial topic nowadays that it takes exceptional teacher courage to put it on the cirriculum.

Luckily, this is only the case in God's own country :toot:

Yes, unfortunately darwinism is only a theory... But its a very very good theory. I do think for one to ridicule darwinism one ought to give much better examples then a bear falling into the water and becoming a whale, especially on live television where the message is sent to many ignorant viewers. Hence, why I asked if anyone read her book recently, it is on the best seller list. To bad its number 10 on my 'to read' list but I'll get to it.

Gea said:
I'm sure you mean land mammals stem from water-living mammals. :psyduck:

Hostyle said:
I'm sure you mean land mammals stem from water-living mammals. :psyduck:

Im sure you are quite wrong on this one. Evidence of this shows in the vestigial pelvis and legs in whales

She mentions there is no explaination for the evolution of the eye, but i have seen a very good progression model with fossil evidence of structure which starts out as photoreceptive cells on the surface of the skin.

I find her questions of "where's the transitional spieces?" quite uneducated as well as her comments that "humans should be sprouting wings and tails". I really don't think she understands the basics of darwinism. Biological mutations are nothing out of the ordinary. Humans sometimes ARE born with vestigial tails as an example, but the occurance of the tail does not contribute to surviveability more than a lack of it. Evolution is driven on survival. If the mutation enhances one's logevity to have an increased chance of reproducing and occurs often enough, it will become a dominate trait.

I had a good laugh when the two discuss her comments in the book that "If same sex being tried to mate, under natural selection they should be automatically eleminated from the gene pool" then laugh at how contridictory this is for the liberals to hold onto gay marriage and natural selection. They don't understand that they are attempting to validate Creationism by saying there are homosexuals, which are quite ungodly last i checked.

iaeolan said:
Im sure you are quite wrong on this one. Evidence of this shows in the vestigial pelvis and legs in whales

She mentions there is no explaination for the evolution of the eye, but i have seen a very good progression model with fossil evidence of structure which starts out as photoreceptive cells on the surface of the skin.

I find her questions of "where's the transitional spieces?" quite uneducated as well as her comments that "humans should be sprouting wings and tails". I really don't think she understands the basics of darwinism. Biological mutations are nothing out of the ordinary. Humans sometimes ARE born with vestigial tails as an example, but the occurance of the tail does not contribute to surviveability more than a lack of it. Evolution is driven on survival. If the mutation enhances one's logevity to have an increased chance of reproducing and occurs often enough, it will become a dominate trait.

I had a good laugh when the two discuss her comments in the book that "If same sex being tried to mate, under natural selection they should be automatically eleminated from the gene pool" then laugh at how contridictory this is for the liberals to hold onto gay marriage and natural selection. They don't understand that they are attempting to validate Creationism by saying there are homosexuals, which are quite ungodly last i checked.

First, Lol, exactly how I feel but I haven't had a chance to read the book. Secondly her exact quote was "Whales as water-living mammals stem from land mammals actually. What the heck do you learn in school nowadays?" When she said actually I was thinking she meant vice versa because it wouldn't make sense to correct something that didn't need correcting in the first place? so, I replied "I'm sure you mean land mammals stem from water-living mammals," hence, what I thought she was trying to say. I'm not sure if that statements true or false. If you look at my first statement I said "I thought water species where before land animals, hmm?" Thus, I didn't know either way. But thanks for giving me a good example of why land mammals where developed first before water mammals, I intend to learn about the subject further. :monocle: (edited) -> Also yeah that last bit she was trying convey is very comical. I love how most religious peoples pick and choose what they will believe and not believe. Leviticus 18:22 says "you may not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination," but if you take a closer look at Leviticus, it also says if a priest's daughter "plays the whore," she shall be burned alive (21:9). Leviticus forbids eating fat (7:23), letting a woman into church until 42 days after giving birth (12:4-5), and seeing your uncle naked. The Latter, incidentally, is also called an abomination (18:14,26). It says that a beard must have square corners (19:27) and my personal favorite- We may purchase slaves from neighboring states (25:44). So you faithful servants follow those teachings, its God's will! <3

Hostyle said:
I thought water species where before land animals, hmm?

Though this is true for fish, snails and other molluscs, it's not true for whales, so your statement was a little off. That's what I wanted to say.

Pretty sure it states as well men with long hair should be stoned to death

I agree that it's quite comical how many people who consider themselves religious pick and choose which scripture to follow. The major flaw in my mind with christianity in perticular is how many books did not "make the cut" into the new testament.

Hostyle said:
I love how most religious peoples pick and choose what they will believe and not believe. Leviticus 18:22 says "you may not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination," but if you take a closer look at Leviticus, it also says if a priest's daughter "plays the whore," she shall be burned alive (21:9). Leviticus forbids eating fat (7:23), letting a woman into church until 42 days after giving birth (12:4-5), and seeing your uncle naked.  The Latter, incidentally, is also called an abomination (18:14,26). It says that a beard must have square corners (19:27) and my personal favorite- We may purchase slaves from neighboring states (25:44). So you faithful servants follow those teachings, its God's will! <3

When you make the statement that religious people pick and choose, I fully agree with you. I see this regarding every religon, including atheism and agnostism. (religion being defined on dictionary.com as - "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe").

Just a note though to help other readers not be mislead by the rest of your post, and to hopefully clear up some misconceptions that you may have been taught somewhere. (I used to be highly mislead and now that I have studied and understand more, It aggrevates me to see others mislead as well)

All your quotes are from Leviticus, which is known as the Holiness Code. The Holiness Code was given from God to Moses to pass on to the people he was leading. IThe Holiness Code was written to help guide the Isrealites in maintaining a relationship with their holy God, when they themselves are not holy and are surrounded by a world that is mostly pagan. It also describes atonement (making oneself clean via sacrifice (usually a blood one)) in order to achieve this holiness.

If by your statements

So you faithful servants follow those teachings, its God's will

you are refering to Jewish peoples beliefs, then you are correct, as they believe they are still bound by all the old testament laws.
By not adhering to these laws, and making the appropriate sacrifices, then, according to their beliefs, a Jewish believer would be thrusting themselves outside of relationship with their God.  :eek:

If you are attempting to refer to "Christians" (defined as believers that Jesus Christ is the messiah) then you missed one huge point. Jesus followers believe that Jesus came to fullfill the law (He did not break the law and thus is able to be a blood sacrifice for all who believe that He is who he say's He is). By fullfilling the law, Jesus is able to establish a new covenant with the people that want to accept this new covenant. One where they are not repressed and made slaves to laws, but are set free to live, enjoy life, and love one another.

Hostyle said:
Yes, unfortunately darwinism is only a theory... But its a very very good theory. I do think for one to ridicule darwinism one ought to give much better examples then a bear falling into the water and becoming a whale, especially on live television where the message is sent to many ignorant viewers. Hence, why I asked if anyone read her book recently, it is on the best seller list. To bad its number 10 on my 'to read' list but I'll get to it.
Darwinism/Evolution hasn't been a theory in years upon years. It's been proven many times in labs, as well through our own breeding programs; Without evolution there wouldn't be so many different kinds of dogs, as we continually breed new breeds.

It is a theory in the scientific sense of the world.

Right up there with the theory of relativity, continental drift (my wife made me put this one in here), gravity and heliocentricity..

guyvertoo said:
fuck you guys, the earth is flat and these people know it

http://theflatearthsociety.org

hahaha...

3498461434a3498574751b664776483l.jpg

pff....earth..flat? how lame.

everyone knows the earth is made out of unicorn glitter and chocolate..and is heartshaped.

iaeolan said:
Pretty sure it states as well men with long hair should be stoned to death

I agree that it's quite comical how many people who consider themselves religious pick and choose which scripture to follow. The major flaw in my mind with christianity in perticular is how many books did not "make the cut" into the new testament.

Thanks for knowing about that. The vast majority of people I've spoken with had no idea that the current bible is merely an agglomeration of many "holy books" that were pieced together by a burgeoning church that wished to have as much power as possible. There are a HUGE quantity of books that aren't included... the gospel of judas/mary/peter/thomas/etc...

The finished "holy book" was hand picked and put together by people at the time that merely wanted to use it as a tool to influence the masses.

Oh my. Another religion VS evolution/God topics. I tend to loathe these.

Pointless arguments that lead nowhere.

And the host of the 700 club is right - people need to stop messing with the Holy Land.

They'll regret it if they do.

Back
Top Bottom