Main Quest Faction Redemption

Killing one or two Blackscale does not make you KoS to them. I did it on accident before. If you "accidentally" screwed up your faction by killing BS mobs, then get an Iksar illusion and Ambassador's Writ and try it. If it doesn't work at that point, then you killed a lot more Blackscale than "a couple".

I screwed up on my first rogue too. So I have a level 60 rogue mule sitting around. Current rogue is 65 with 20 something aa's. Them's the breaks.

Ouch Tim, that sucks. I still cannot think of how I have destroyed the faction other than the guard in Grobb. As a Wood Elf, I would assume my faction with them was pretty low to begin with?

I leveled straight off Warpstone, Kaladim war guild, robots, heartlands robots, lasanth, DN rats, EW orcs. I have dabbled with tmaps and Sorc Lab, but for the most part I stuck only to those zones listed above. Who knows? I don't have the plat to unbind all my gear and transfer it to a level 1 Rogue so rerolling is not something I would like to do.

Last edited:
Yeah as a wood elf your faction might be lower by default. If you think you've only killed one or two of them, try an Iksar illusion and get an Ambassador's Writ for the faction increase clickie. It may at least make you dubious to them so you can join them and start working on your faction.

Clickie is rare and costs up to 2k from what I've seen, but it's not bind on equip, so if you have a real good friend who owns one, they may let you borrow it. Alternately you can try with just the Iksar illusion to see if it helps. I have a chanter I can send out to HL to help you with that if you need. Just look for me in game.

If you don't see me online, ask any of our members you might see online if I'm on an alt. I'm typically online after 6pm EST...

Hey Tim, thanks for the tips. I tried Iksar illusion earlier today and it didn't seem to work. When I get home from work, I will try and pick up an Ambassador's Writ and get Iksar Illusion and try that out. I noticed the Blackscale Mercencaries con dubious to me, but the warriors scowl. That may be all I need to push me over, but who knows.

I will contact you in game and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

So, in other words, I'm pretty much done with the main quest until the Devs get free time or someone pities my soul and fixes this issue manually? All I can say is: bummer. Well, thanks and hopefully we can get this pumped out asap.

Well, I said I think. The devs don't answer to me unless they decide to take petitions on the side. Who knows, you might be lucky and one of them might be working on a sidequest right now!

But - in the interests of making sure they see this thread, I'm going to move it to Quest Discussion (that's where they all chill, waiting for news) and maybe I can help you get lucky. ;)

Miskael - My 65 rogue made this mistake in my early days of playing him. Iksar illusion and ambassador's writ still leave me at glares. I even got as far as to capture the dryad. but the hood quest nerfed my blackscale faction too much to hand it back in. Is there any known fix at this point? or should i just wait?

P.S; Sorry about reviving a zombie thread, just still having this problem. and figured this'd be better than starting a new topic

Since I am levelling my rogue a bit, and do take her out of FR from time to time, wondering if a fix can be done.

Or, as in Miskael's case, if a manual faction fix can be petitioned?

Apologies for me telling him to bump an old thread, but sometimes an ongoing issue really needs looked at.

Back
Top Bottom