Main Quest Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( was it because I got the bag and did the entire thing before the High Seeker gave me the scribbled note? I went back to the High seeker to see what I could find out more, and followed the rest of the dialogue that I had thought to be optional; and by so doing got the scribbled note.

Then again, I did the plague quest no problem. /shrug

While doing the MQ, I chose the council of innovation side. I noticed it dropped my faction with both Silver Crown and the Blackscale. Since finishing up the 4th part of the quest, I haven't checked my standing with SC or Blackscale. Is it eventually going to put you to be KoS with whatever faction you didn't choose? If so, while I would understand being KoS with the Blackscale from the other 2 factions, being KoS with SC if you choose CoI (or vice versa) wouldn't make sense. While they may not have the same beliefs, it doesn't seem as if the differences would be enough to drive them to actually attack each other on sight.

Also, if that does happen, it might be best to move the evac spot in Heartlands away from the Silver Crown camp.

Seeker not talking

Tried reading through the posts.. got through half of them and didnt see anyone with my issue so here goes.

When working on the quest I triggered the next step - step 3 : Insight and step 2 : optional.

I began working on both parts, doing step 2 optional while waiting for chance to catch the spectres, but not getting to all of the npc's.

I then worked on the part of the quest where I help the Priestess finishing the part where I kill the spectres of corruption, my cleric hammer pet did the killling but I did get a message that I had done 1/4 - 4/4. It was after this that I got to the last npc I needed for the previous side quest.

I went back to the seeker, she summoned the elemental, I killed it... but now she won't trigger for the next step. I went back and killed spectres by hand, but no change. Any suggestions? Could the fact I did them out of order break it for me?

Thanks for any help... sorry if I missed a post dealing with this.

Finally got off my but and started the main quest. My compliments to the lore writers who worked on this. Excellent job! I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

One minor thing: On the part where you are gathering up bones from skeletons in East Badlands, Storm Sea, and Goblin Skull. 11/12 skeletons dropped the no-drop bone chips first time. One skeleton in Goblin Skull didn't. Had to wait around for a respawn and again, 3/4 dropped no-drop bone chips with the same one missing. If the skeletons are indeed supposed to drop the quest piece 100% of the time, you might want to check into this one skeleton spawn (one of the outside the tower ones).

I wrote a post about my mistake about the Heartland Plateau faction quest, where I destroyed the Directive the SC leader gave me because I didn't figure why he wouldn't talk to me after giving the to 8 or 9 people I was supposed to (I might be dumb, but the dialog wasn't very clear to me), and thought I could still join the Blackscale which would better suit an evil necromancer anyway. Of course CoI and Blackscale members don't even talk to me anymore (and Blackscale is apprehensive...)

Now that this is done I understand I would be screwed about the faction related quests. But funny thing, I did the quest with an alt today and surprise ! I got the message I joined the SC faction AFTER completing the quest , which means my necro shouldn't be flagged Silver Crown, due to the fact he hasn't completed it.

Furthermore I am bothered iin my main quest because of this matter : I have to see the great Dryad but to do so , I need the help of a faction...in my case I can't contact any faction anymore ! It just doesn't sound fair, if I should be punished, please let me at least finish the faction quest I was doing to have a shot at the MQ even if I'm stuck at some rank point. As it is now I will never be able to see what everyone enjoys and all the cool stuff that is gonna be implemented.
Please consider my request, I did something wrong but I always enjoyed the RP context of the game, and I wish I could sharpen my character more and not be stuck because I did trash at one moment after running all over the place late in the night in a (at that time) buggy zone with complicated text input in a non-native language. I know a necro looking for mercy is not common, but this is my request. May it be granted.

You destroyed an important quest item. Noone's being unfair to you. You were just really dumb.

Thank you for giving an official stance of the subject , which I was pretty much expecting. I'll stop spamming.

Taroceth seems to be bugged. I described my problem here (screenshot included). Did a forum search for Taroceth and I found out that I'm not the only person with the problem.

I'm having a problem with Thurkin's first quest involving the goblin disguise device and King Nazilak. I'm max kos to the goblins, and with the illusion on they still con scowling to me. When I hail king nazilak he doesnt respond. So I'm kinda stuck right now since I can't raise my faction with the council of innovation.

-benny

Im having issues getting this quest started. Went to the dream, hailed the 3, and the final guy got 2 books but no note. Went to all three of the beginning people and all i get as a response is, "Hello There."

Trying to start this as a level 65 also.

Checked the bank to make sure i hadn't been in the sometime past and looked for the note but found nothing.

Hace, what race/class are you? And what race/class were you at the time of trying to get the note?

I just completed the second step of the main quest. I have to give a big thank you to the quest designers for putting a nice involved quest out there that really gives you a great sense of lore and immersion into the world of Dalaya, it helps alot now and I have a much better time looking at the zones and understanding things now, as well as the zone names making a bit more sense than they previously did.

I have a question though. I completed the portion where i was required to run all over the place and talk to 8 different people as per Willam Defar's request. When I went back to hail him I gained an entire level at 35 (jumped me from 35 to 36 completely WITH a full XP debt) and I ws wondering if this is a bug or not in the quest?

Also just curious as to why the aug is only type 3 and not something you can put into your armor (type 5). Is there a specific reason it cant be put in a BP or something other than a ring?

Thanks again for putting in a great quest which Im enjoying tremendously.

Thorgrym

The xp is intended. It's a fairly time consuming quest at that step for most any level of player(it took me a bit even as a wizard). It's also a fairly major quest series so it will be more rewarding xp-wise than your average quest.

The augment is type 3 because it's designed as a jewelry augment.

Hey, kudos on the main quest so far. I am especially fond of the set up of the Heartland factions. However, after choosing the Silver Crown as my faction, I have run into one annoying issue.

I'd like to request that the drop rate of the special heartland panther meat (not sure of the exact name) for the Cook's quest be looked at. I have had no trouble attaining the meat from owlbears and grizzlies, however I have killed around 40-50 panthers and have only been able to find one meat. I have killed far fewer grizzlies/owlbears and have gotten about 4 of each (around 7-10 of each killed.) I doubt they are dropping at the rate intended. If they are dropping as intended, I think bumping the drop rate up slightly wouldnt do the quest harm, as the rarity of them has made this one step very monotonous and time consuming.

Drop rate on panther meat is ok , did that quest like 5 times , took a bit farming yeah!
But faction quest piece farming is never easy , youll get there :)
I had a harder time to get the grizzly bear flanks .

Well eitherway, I did finish the MQ , and i loved every part it!

Big Compliments to those involved making it !!!

Yeah talk about your bad luck... I just killed 10 more panthers and got 4 of the meats. Sorry for jumpin to conclusions, guess I just ran into some really tough luck.

I went to the Dryad and did the faction spy work.

I'm supposed to be prompted to head to the sister up the shore. She mentions them but they don't give me any prompting of what to do.

Being a evil/lawful necro, is there any point in continueing on with the dryads or should I just join the dark side and move on?

Onos Sideboard said:
Yeah talk about your bad luck... I just killed 10 more panthers and got 4 of the meats. Sorry for jumpin to conclusions, guess I just ran into some really tough luck.

I was having the same issue with the golbin scout beads for the council faction quests, went like 50 kills with only 1 then got the last nine in probably the next 40 kills. Was real odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom