main quest progression

I remember irelc started helping, took me to kill tarlisha.

I got the chestplate item drop. I thought I had won the game. 'Those dragon necropolis rats are going DOWN!"

At level 65 (just gearing up through listsold, and not many AAs), hitting iksith mobs is like a brick wall. Contextually, it is odd to want to jump right into refuge.
Killing dreadland ice wurms would be impossible for someone at that tier.

Not sure if you've ever done the final quests in Blackscale, but some of the artifacts are coming from Cmal, Mielc, groundspawns past Everchill giants, etc. as well as the brownie and caravan event. That shit is hard - and probably harder than an ice devourer. Bottom line is if you're a new player you're going to need help with all of this stuff. And that's just Blackscale - I haven't done SC or Council recent enough to recall every detail and difficulty (and was also using ringers), but I'm sure it's all on the same tier.

At level 65 (just gearing up through listsold, and not many AAs), hitting iksith mobs is like a brick wall. Contextually, it is odd to want to jump right into refuge.

Killing dreadland ice wurms would be impossible for someone at that tier.

This is very true. That said, some quests (or finishing some quests) have to wait until you are better geared/AAed/Tomed, and that is OK.
When I was fresh 65 with my Paladin/Shaman duo, I was just able to duo eldanals entrance mobs. Some times they would gang up on me during respawn and I would die... Consider how easy that content is once you hit T10+ (or even T5+)...

Ive never done blackscale, only crown and coi.

With silver crown, it is nice going back and working on harder high traders stuff every so often.

I'm not at max faction with CoI and I'm not max faction with Slave Rebellion and I'm in Refuge so I'm not sure that the basis of this thread is well-formed.

The basis being the OP here:

"Does it make any sense to have the 3 faction bands like blackscale , COI and silver crown augs/ally maxed for main quest progression into refuge anymore?

Can these be made optional to go back and max out and still get into refuge or rather the captains log turn in to brother kromtash as long as main quest is current (ie. high seeker aug) so newer players dont have to spend weeks of faction grinding just to experience the refuge portions of mainquest?
thoughts on this..."

You definitely do not have to be ally-maxed to get into and do Refuge quests. The only part that requires ally in Refuge (not maxed, just ally) is getting the port spell / item and that is ally for Slave Rebellion, not SC/BS/CoI

So you don't have to have the final BS and CoI aug or the old final SC aug to do the refuge entry?

So you don't have to have the final BS and CoI aug or the old final SC aug to do the refuge entry?
Yes, of course you do. Lady Shaina tells you doesn't have any tasks for you until you are able to improve the Seekers' relationship with your said faction, or something to the like. She won't give you the text needed to engage with Brother Kromtash until then.

Oh sure you need the Council Researcher's Badge or whatever the SC and BS equivalents are but that's not a faction grind that's just doing some quests.

So we're not actually talking about grinding faction at all here we're talking about completing a quest chain that a dev allowed people to do in any order they want which is pretty nice.

If you think doing Council quests is bad what's the rush to get into Refuge? Because those quests are far worse believe me.

If you don't like long, multi-part quests I don't have an answer for you especially since the question in the OP, now, is 'how can I more quickly get access to do another, more different, long, multi-part quest?'

Honestly Swiftur, I knew that. I was mainly arguing pointless details with Slaar in a passive way, lol... and the sad thing is we're pretty much on the exact same page.

If you think doing Council quests is bad what's the rush to get into Refuge? Because those quests are far worse believe me.

This is so wrong on so many different levels and I'm actually surprised I heard this from anyone, ever.

Okay maybe it's just me I didn't enjoy Refuge very much but I respect your opinions.

Refuge quests can suck a little if you aren't end game. War wasp venom isn't easy on tier. Hrig just straight up sucks. The balance on the Raptor fight from one class to another probably needs looked at. Blackscale can be straight up shitty when you're a fresh 65 type. SC can be pretty bad also. CoI is never that bad, and probably about right for where those should be for where they sit in progression.

Back
Top Bottom