Mana & Stamina Rezzes

iBluNT

Dalayan Elder
One of the biggest drags in this game is probably waiting on a raid wipe. Could take about 15 minutes per wipe just waiting on stamina, curses, etc. Not only does this greatly limit at attempts at progression, etc. but makes it almost virtually impossible to stream or gain attention. There's a few ways I'd suggest going around this;

- One thing that needs to absolutely change regardless of this, is have a death make you no longer exhausted. A wizard and a ranger die at the same time, with the ranger being exhausted. The wizard can regen full mana, and the ranger will be roughly around 15% stamina. It's pretty absurd how long it takes for the exhaust to fade.

- Have each rez spell include a mechanic to replenish mana / stamina to an increased percentage as the rez spells get higher. Ex) Level 50 rez -- 50% mana/stamina. Level 65 rez -- 80% mana/stamina, etc.

- Have just Mass Rez include a mechanic to replenish a static amount of mana/stamina, say 85%. This seems pretty logical considering it's a rez spell intended for mass wipes.

- Have Death Fatigue be both a debuff and buff. Allow Death Fatigue to regen mana/stamina at a much higher rate but still block you from casting spells and such.

I'm not sure about anyone else but spending 90% of your time on progression wipes is horribly boring and makes me wanna quit. Other games involving similar methods of progression raids have little to no turn around on wipes and can be back fighting within 2-3 minutes.

The stamina thing really sucks because at least you can speed mana regen up with lcea's. Hell, giving some stamina regen to that would be pretty cool too except for its interference with exhaustion. Not sure if it's even possible but making exhaustion disappear if you get rezzed would be a great start. It's no fun waiting for rangers to get stamina back since other melee that have exhaustive stances either use it defensively (bards) or have ways to regen it faster (rogues).

On live they added the "out of combat" mechanic what 10-11 years ago? So long as you're not in combat all things like mana, hp, endurance will regen in 3 mins regardless of the pool size.

Honestly, as much as I'm typically naturally opposed to making things easier that have been dealt with forever, I watch my kids play battlefield vs call of duty, and they both lose interest in battlefield quickly because of the wait time on respawn vs CoD. I wish everyone learned patience like some of us had to, but things just don't work that way now. Newer and/or younger players will rarely choose this over other games, no matter how awesome it is, because of that wait time. (although to play devil's advocate, I actually like the breaks that downtime provides (if I'm not playing something like a rezzer...).)

I'm all for these changes if they can make death fatigue work properly again. As it stands whats to stop people from just suiciding to get rezzed with full mana? seems pretty abusable.

As with any change I'm sure there'd be ways people wanted to use it maliciously. Maybe if option 2 was a thing where it only applied to Mass Rez, have death fatigue not fade on rez but full mana/stamina be a thing. That way it's solely aimed towards raid wipes where turn around is necessary, and only makes you wait the ~3 minutes before it wears off.

I obviously don't have this all figured out I'm just starting conversation about it. Even on attempts where the entire raid doesn't die, but one critical healer dies, you literally all have to restart and wait for that one person to med to full for another 5 minutes, likely after you had already just raid wiped and waited 15 minutes before that attempt.

This isn't even about patience either, really. There's just a lot of mechanics to this game that are so unnecessary for a multitude of reasons and would greatly improve playability and just overall quality of life that other games have already capitalized on. Some of these have been recently addressed and offered fixes for, so figured I'd throw this in the loop in hopes that people agree spending majority of your guild's raid time staring at a screen waiting for someone to med or have enough stamina to use their critical class' abilities again.

I'm all for these changes if they can make death fatigue work properly again. As it stands whats to stop people from just suiciding to get rezzed with full mana? seems pretty abusable.

The 10min load time lol

As with any change I'm sure there'd be ways people wanted to use it maliciously.

Yup. Sploiters gonna sploit. Changes/fixes shouldn't be abandoned because of that though. It's just a part that will need to be addressed. (I think I was just captain obvious...)

This isn't even about patience either, really.

You're a part of that younger, less patient crowd! Heh.

There's just a lot of mechanics to this game that are so unnecessary for a multitude of reasons and would greatly improve playability and just overall quality of life that other games have already capitalized on. Some of these have been recently addressed and offered fixes for, so figured I'd throw this in the loop in hopes that people agree

Yeah, I don't disagree. That period where rezzes were broken and everyone just popped back in full didn't seem to really hurt anything. It seems extreme, but in reality it just made raid nights a little less mind-numbing.

spending majority of your guild's raid time staring at a screen waiting for someone to med or have enough stamina to use their critical class' abilities again.

No, this is when you go pee (or poop if you're binsin), etc.

I appreciate an afk sometimes to get up and stretch and/or use the bathroom and don't desire constant action but I also badly miss when rezzes were busted and giving full mana back. Exploitable? Absolutely. But still an extremely good time to be doing progression.

But anything to speed up recovery time is great, the changes to curses was also good to sync them up with vah backs.

Back
Top Bottom