Manual Download Patch Files - 11/28/2007

My point is, if you manually patch, there is no reason to run the patcher program. At all. You have still patched.

I run the patcher every time I start SoD, but thats just me. Ive honestly never had a problem with it.

Since I dont see where you stated if you've tried it or not, the sticky on top of the technical forum labeled "Official Faq" covers a stuck patcher. Delete files.txt and repatch all.

Yeah that doesn't typically work. Patcher always starts and is going along fine and then just stops on a file and sits there (for hours if you let it). So if I really feel the need to patch I either have to do it manually or start the patcher, close it if it stops, reopen, stop, reopen... until it finally works, which it usually does after 3-5 tries.

Little bit of a pain, so usually I just skip the patcher.

JayelleNephilim said:
I just downloaded, and extracted the files fine. It might be an issue on your end.

Odd. I can't find a problem at my end. Maybe my security settings flag it somehow. I dunno.

The auto patcher works fine for me so I'm not sure why I'm worrying about the manual patch option.

Ok, manually downloaded patch again, deleted files.txt, extracted to the trilogy folder, tried to run windowed mode and still consistantly getting error 1001.
(in that order)

Manually change your hosts file according to the sticky in this section of the forum that says "IF YOU CANT LOGIN TO THE NEW SERVER - Read This"

Jackpot!

wierd cause I did that fix back when it was first posted, didn't stop to think that might have changed again.

Thanks!!

ok i used to play everquest ....a long time ago but im new i guess and was wondering

3 things

1.what files do i need to instal to play this game
2. what patchs will i need to be up to date
3.what program do i use to unzip and instal the files

thats about it i belive :psyduck:

I downloaded the patcher, but there is no sodbin.exe, just the patcher program. The patcher that I have doesnt look the same as in the the other thread and it didnt work, it keeps connecting me to regular eq, what do I do? should i just manual patch or should i uninstall and then reinstall.

the patcher has been rebuilt, because we did not have the source to our old one.

repatch all, login

if you are still connecting to live, manually patch, and make sure your host file is correct.

When go through the SoD patcher it says cant find mss32.dll i dont know what that is can you help me :(

I get the same error telling me it's missing, and now after patching it and clicking Run EQII it gets an erorr telling me it can't open the eqgame.dll then shuts down the program :(

***IMPORTANT*** It is HIGHLY recommended you DELETE your FILES.TXT from your Game-SoD install directory prior to unzipping the patch files in to your directory.

If you are having trouble with the patcher and need to manually download and install the patch files:
**NOTE** This is the FULL SoD install files, not JUST today's patch files.

QUICK PATCH DOWNLOAD (03/18/2008 previous 11/28/2007 patch required)
FULL PATCH DOWNLOAD HERE (03/18/2008)

These two files gives me a 404. :(

Back
Top Bottom