Monk bare fist ratio questions

Stonewalljack

Dalayan Elder
"The STR/DEX scaling is not capped and scales pretty smoothly through the tiers. Currently, Monks reach approximately 1.0 ratio at 1000 combined stat (this includes buffs and is a rough estimate). The hardest numbers I can give you, since this is RATIO scaling, is that the highest maximum fist damage is 30 base and the lowest fist delay is 14 base. To hit 30/14 you would need an unthinkable amount of STR/DEX though but that is the limit I imposed for the ratio algorithm." -Slaar 12/2/14 in the 'We All Love Monk, Here' thread

1. Does this affect monks below 65 (such as empowered kick gaining str/dex scaling at 50), or are they solely limited by the old ratios (here)?

2. Can we have any more information on the scaling to aid in gear decisions? Is it linear? Logarithmic?
Currently I'm currently assuming it is linear between the 65 base ratio of 13/18 (.722) to unthinkable ratio of 30/14 (2.14). I'm also assuming that damage and delay change at a similar rate (+4.25 damage = -1 delay). Using this the closest to 1/1 comes about 17.25/17. This would indicate +1 damage every 235 str/dex and -1 ratio every 1000 str/dex.

3. Whether my above assumptions are correct or (more likely) not, this leaves us with non whole number ratios. How discretely can the client calculate ratios - does it only allow whole numbers for damage and delay? If only whole numbers are allowed this would leave us with significant break points (ie. 14/18 at 235 str/dex, 15/18 at 470, 16/18 at 705, 17/18 at 940 and 17/17 at 1000. Unless of course the client rounds up, then the break points would occur earlier).

Back
Top Bottom