Mouse Speed Issues (x is slow, y is very fast)

Ignotus

Dalayan Beginner
My supervisor tried out WR last night, but he was having a strange issue with his mouse movement. He said that his x-axis movement was really slow, and his y-axis movement was very fast. Adjusting the in-game mouse speed did not affect it. He read somewhere on here that someone else had a similar issue and fixed it by copying the UI file from a working character over the top of the malfunctioning character's UI. When he asked in /ooc, ppl said that they had heard of the issue, but no one seemed to know how to fix it. It sounded like anyone with the issue just gave up and quit. Does anyone have any info on this?

I had the exact same problem when i started playing on WR again. I found that EQWindows was the problem, for me anyway. I turned off EQW in the WRPatcher Config, and the mouse has been working perfectly ever since.

Try it. If he can live without EQWindows then it should be the fix you are looking for.

Reem said:
I had the exact same problem when i started playing on WR again. I found that EQWindows was the problem, for me anyway. I turned off EQW in the WRPatcher Config, and the mouse has been working perfectly ever since.

Try it. If he can live without EQWindows then it should be the fix you are looking for.

Unfortunately I'm not running with EQWindows. Maybe I should try running it to see if the opposite will fix it for me. Thanks for the suggestion though Reem. I will try installing EQW and if that doesn't fix it, I'll disable it like you did.

Thanks Ignotus. I tried your uifiles and that still didn't fix it. I also installed EQWindows and ran it in windowed mode a few times, that didn't fix it, so I disabled EQWindows and the problem is still there. There is one other symptom for the problem. When I am moving my mouse along the x-axis while mouselooking, my screen shakes up and down as if I were moving my mouse forward and backward while moving it left and right. The left and right motion is very slow still.

Something even more strange is that my mouse pointer moves fine in game and moves at the same speed up and down as it does left to right, but if I am using mouselook it freaks out.

even more: i made some testing and the x axis speed is as fast as y axis in explore mode!!!!
but in game with same settings it's totaly unplayable(way too slow)

on my second computer the problem does not exist! :mad:

so i tried to copie the entire EQ rep into my first computer, but the problem is still there

i thought it might be a driver problem so i tried to change it, the bug is still there

i pushed the sensitivity at max under windows XP and when i move my mouse by 1cm the pointer goes from far right of the screen to far left... but under EQ it's still the same... damn slow on the x axis

i have played for 5 years on eq live servers and i never had this happened, my PC is still the same as when i was playing EQ

please HELP! ;(

This is a bug that had been around since the beginning of eq, i have this problem as well and had it when i played on live too up till i quit right after god came out, anyway, i have found that the sensitivity of the x axis is inversely proportional to how many FPS you are getting in game, meaning the higher fps you are getting, the more unresponsive the x axis is going to be. its a wierd bug and i never figured out how to fix it

Never used EQw and I had the problem. Somewhere between level one and level 65, it disappeared. No clue why, how, or when.

i still have the pb and NEVER use eqw

BUT i have discovered that Sprit of Wolf allow to accelerate the x axis, and the bug almost seem to disapear
that's maybe why on eqlive it was not a pb for me(thanks to Run speed 5)?

each time i lose SoW(while in donjon) the game is almost unplayable, so if anyone has a solution :hug: i take it!

here are the solution i have tried but didn't work:
- tried all possible resolutions(restarting EQ each time)
- tried on my second computer: the bug is not there, that's why i know 100% sure it's my first PC
- tried with other mouse drivers
- tried with different setting of mouse sensitivity on windows, mixed with different sensitivity on EQ and moxed with different parameters for the /mouse option
- tried in full screen and windowed (restarting EQ each time)
- tried while watching the ground instead of right ahead
- tried in different zones
- tried with different races(gnome, human and ogres)
- tried on different eqemu servers(others like s2k dont have the pb)
- tried with other UI
- tried with a complete fresh install of EQ(default ini and default player ini and ui.ini)
- tried to change the parameter of mouse sensitivity in the .ini to have more than 100%

any other ideas?

bed28fr
any other ideas?

A few posts up someone mentioned that the bug is tied to FPS.

This is a bug that had been around since the beginning of eq, i have this problem as well and had it when i played on live too up till i quit right after god came out, anyway, i have found that the sensitivity of the x axis is inversely proportional to how many FPS you are getting in game, meaning the higher fps you are getting, the more unresponsive the x axis is going to be. its a wierd bug and i never figured out how to fix it

Have you tried running EQ with motherboard integrated graphics(slower), or throttling down your video card cpu/memory clock speeds to test his theory?

Actually, I'm going to do that right now...edited info soon:

Edit: Well I just tried to underclock my 6800gt and it crashed xp so I'm going to opt out of this experiment. I don't have an old generation vid card that I can test with, and no mobo integrated graphics. If someone can correlate higher FPS with slower horizontal mouselook speed then we'll have some idea what's causing the problem.

yea... i have this problem too ;) so if someone finds a fix... this is just one more person that will be happy

Yeah that is a really annoying thing. I'm so used to high sensitivity in shooters and being able to flick my wrist and spin around. Its really hard work checking corners when the group is pushing ahead! :?

I've also noticed this problem, and remember having the same
issue in EQ Live. I remember being able to fix it somehow when
playing Live, but do not remember for the life of me what i did
to remedy it. I have to agree it is rather annoying. If anyone
is able to fix it please let us know!

eqlive tech is horrid...

try updating current mouse drivers to a standard ps/2?

various searches on your symptoms, no match on their tech site

nevermind, just caught your earlier setps you tried..

Back
Top Bottom