Mouse Wheel not Working

Vallren

Dalayan Adventurer
Ok, so I appreciate everyone that helped in my keyboard thread, it fixed it. Now I have a new issue. I recently bought a new mouse, it is called a Rocketfish. I installed it and the mousewheel does not function in EQ.

I have mouselook enabled, sensitivity at 100%. Keybinding zoom in/out also didnt work. However, when I used my old mouse (that I can no longer use due to the charger being destroyed) it works fine. Any idea whats going on? I am completely clueless.

Edit: Also, I am not able to zomm out with my keyboard either

Edit2: I also cannot scroll the chatbox which may be even more annoying than no 3rd person.

Last edited:
Ok, so I appreciate everyone that helped in my keyboard thread, it fixed it. Now I have a new issue. I recently bought a new mouse, it is called a Rocketfish. I installed it and the mousewheel does not function in EQ.

I have mouselook enabled, sensitivity at 100%. Keybinding zoom in/out also didnt work. However, when I used my old mouse (that I can no longer use due to the charger being destroyed) it works fine. Any idea whats going on? I am completely clueless.

Edit: Also, I am not able to zomm out with my keyboard either

Edit2: I also cannot scroll the chatbox which may be even more annoying than no 3rd person.

Does your mouse wheel work ok in windows itself, for example to scroll up and down on web pages?

Do you still have the mouse drivers installed from your previous mouse? From googling it, I'm seeing one person say that removing the old mouse driver and using the windows mouse driver fixes it.

It works fine anywhere except Eq. (Even other games.)

Also, I only have 2 mouse drivers on my computer. My touchpad and the new mouse.

It works fine anywhere except Eq. (Even other games.)

Also, I only have 2 mouse drivers on my computer. My touchpad and the new mouse.

Well, it may be an issue with that mouse. On a stardock thread I found when I googled this, the techs said the solution would be for them to come out with a patch for their game.

We can't do that here, unfortunately. Nothing we can do about the exe itself.

I'm thinking your only options might be to find an alternate driver for the mouse, or replace the mouse.

Btw, I'm not sure why you can't scroll out with the keyboard either. Is your keyboard a wireless one also? The keys work when typing but the arrow buttons won't work in the game? If so, that might be due to a leftover keyboard driver too. There's been a few threads about certain keys not working in game, and it turned out to be an old keyboard driver still installed with a name like HOME or something.

Edit: found the post that describes a possible fix for the keyboard:

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showpost.php?p=171488&postcount=66

Last edited:
I fixed the issue with keys not working, it was an issue with ehome drivers that come with vista. I tried binding zooming functions to quite a few different keys and it didn't zoom whatsoever (with or without the mouse.) The keyboard is not wireless, as I posted in a different thread that I am using a laptop, and the keyboard is integrated into the mainframe of the computer. So no, keyboard works fine.

For reference I have tried binding zoom in/out to NUM7, NUM1, +, -, n, m and 1 and 2.

Sooo yea.

I fixed the issue with keys not working, it was an issue with ehome drivers that come with vista. I tried binding zooming functions to quite a few different keys and it didn't zoom whatsoever (with or without the mouse.) The keyboard is not wireless, as I posted in a different thread that I am using a laptop, and the keyboard is integrated into the mainframe of the computer. So no, keyboard works fine.

For reference I have tried binding zoom in/out to NUM7, NUM1, +, -, n, m and 1 and 2.

Sooo yea.

Hmmm. Are you in a different screen mode? If you F9, you switch between modes. Not all of them will let you zoom out.

Not a single one lets me zoom. Had a friend plug a mouse in while mine was was plugged in and he could zoom in/out just fine.

Just a theory, but try removing any 3rd party software / drivers that came with the mouse and just let windows assign it the default driver. I have multiple logitech's that I've played EQ with, and they work perfectly as long as I don't install their software / drivers. Granted you lose some of the additional software options, but all the buttons usually work.

This is on Vista 32/64 and Windows 7 32/64.

Well, I am concerned as to why I cant zoom in/out using my keyboard.

I don't know what the keys are for it. In fact, I've never even known there were keys for it.

Do those keys work in the chat windows?

Yes. that's why I tried multiple combinations. The key labels I am refferring to are the "Zoom Out" and "Zoom In" labels. No matter what I set them to they don't want to function.

Yes. that's why I tried multiple combinations. The key labels I am refferring to are the "Zoom Out" and "Zoom In" labels. No matter what I set them to they don't want to function.

Well, the default keys for zoom in and out don't seem to work for me either.

I've got no idea. It's possible it's a bug with the client. Be interesting to know if it works for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom