Nazi related images

Ill share my last thoughts on this thread;

People don't like to be caught, or punished. Many believe that there are no repercussions for their actions over an internet game, and feel safe behind their wall of placebo anonymity. Some simply have no social skills, some are just blatant jerks, some have grown complacent in finding someone to White Knight for them against a believed injustice, and thats how they get through life.

When their wall of anonymity is broken, and they figure out there are real punishments for their actions, whatever they may be, they feel violated, most times, and tend to lash out in anger. The person they usually take this out on is either the server, the staff in general, or the person that punished them, if they happen to know whom that is.

The result of which, is that so much of time time, we are referred to as Nazis, in some sense. Either chat Nazis, name Nazis, rule Nazis, etc. There comes a point in the evolution of a persona that if you hear something enough times, one of two things normally happens. You either embrace it and become it, or you sit back and laugh at it. Now when I say embrace it, I don't mean one of us will start spewing out Mein Kampf, I mean that we will simply get more restrictive at.. whatever it is we are being accused of, such as "well, they're gonna call me an XYZ-Nazi, i'll show them an XYZ-Nazi."

We choose the latter, as one, we get pleasure out of laughing at the perceived "injustices" of those individuals that choose to either ignore or break our rules, and two, simply for peace of mind, one has to, otherwise you have bitter staff members who WILL actually fly off the handle and punish people for no reason. Before you argue, it has happened before.

So there you have it. We do it for our peace of mind, as a joke to ourselves, and most of the server gets a laugh out of it. Keep in mind we ALL play on the server as well, and have well known toons, for the most part, so the player base as a whole knows our mindset, again, for the most part, and knows our jokes, or outlets, for what they are. If someone has a genuine concern about anything we do, the staff isn't unapproachable; ask for one in IRC, and make your concerns known. Protocols are already in place, and have been for a long time on bringing concerns about staff members to attention.

Aww I'm just trying to be creative. If you want me to ruin it well . . .

pony.jpg

Nazi Dominatrix Pony Allielyn :psyduck:
Oh well, she's a great ride, has some nice tail, sexy German accent, down with whipping and isn't afraid to take down a couple Jews along the way :p
Oh yes the slavery play is also pretty awesome :toot:

Look, lets stop beating around the bush and get to what the real issue is. The subtle undertones of moose exploitation in Wiz's signature are down right intolerable, and I think we can all agree on that! :monocle:

Seriously, take it as a video game forum having a little fun, and not as a politcal debate forum where that concept is being actively advocated.

Ikaa/Osimi said:
Ill share my last thoughts on this thread;

People don't like to be caught, or punished. Many believe that there are no repercussions for their actions over an internet game, and feel safe behind their wall of placebo anonymity. Some simply have no social skills, some are just blatant jerks, some have grown complacent in finding someone to White Knight for them against a believed injustice, and thats how they get through life.

When their wall of anonymity is broken, and they figure out there are real punishments for their actions, whatever they may be, they feel violated, most times, and tend to lash out in anger. The person they usually take this out on is either the server, the staff in general, or the person that punished them, if they happen to know whom that is.

The result of which, is that so much of time time, we are referred to as Nazis, in some sense. Either chat Nazis, name Nazis, rule Nazis, etc. There comes a point in the evolution of a persona that if you hear something enough times, one of two things normally happens. You either embrace it and become it, or you sit back and laugh at it. Now when I say embrace it, I don't mean one of us will start spewing out Mein Kampf, I mean that we will simply get more restrictive at.. whatever it is we are being accused of, such as "well, they're gonna call me an XYZ-Nazi, i'll show them an XYZ-Nazi."

We choose the latter, as one, we get pleasure out of laughing at the perceived "injustices" of those individuals that choose to either ignore or break our rules, and two, simply for peace of mind, one has to, otherwise you have bitter staff members who WILL actually fly off the handle and punish people for no reason. Before you argue, it has happened before.

So there you have it. We do it for our peace of mind, as a joke to ourselves, and most of the server gets a laugh out of it. Keep in mind we ALL play on the server as well, and have well known toons, for the most part, so the player base as a whole knows our mindset, again, for the most part, and knows our jokes, or outlets, for what they are. If someone has a genuine concern about anything we do, the staff isn't unapproachable; ask for one in IRC, and make your concerns known. Protocols are already in place, and have been for a long time on bringing concerns about staff members to attention.

:eek:

Tempus said:
Look, lets stop beating around the bush and get to what the real issue is. The subtle undertones of moose exploitation in Wiz's signature are down right intolerable, and I think we can all agree on that! :monocle:

Seriously, take it as a video game forum having a little fun, and not as a politcal debate forum where that concept is being actively advocated.
They call them elk. Canadians call em moose

Manluas said:
German representing (Omg we invented that shit :psyduck:).

It was a joke about Germans inventing the Nazis, not the swastika. People just like to assume things when they think they have some sort of "unique" knowledge to prove otherwise (yes, we all know the Germans did not invent the swastika).

Nazi related images are never well received. I've had a recent happening that directly relates to this.

So, I FINALLY get my RL friend (that played live with me) to play SoD. He starts an enchanter, I show him the changes, he starts leveling, he has questions, I show him WIKI, Forum ETC.

Today, after work, I stop by to see him and how stuff is going in game. He asks me "WTF is up with all the Nazi shit on the forum? The F'ing Mod on the board had Nazi Shit in her avatar. WTF kind of people run this game? I don't know about playing this game"

It may be a joke or whatever, and some people might know it BUT it gives an image and in this case a VERY bad image.

Personally, I think its distasteful. Also, how do you not expect drama to come with this?

9/10 future posters can save some time by choosing from the following 4 options:

A) I'm offended
B) It's a joke. Get over it
C) zomg stfu Finkk we wanna continue talking about nazi stuff
beating_dead_horse.gif

D) Something sarcastic that sounds more intelligent than C, but basically means the same thing.

remember when Prince William dressed as a nazi officer for halloween? I thought it was a damn well presented costume, but hey, that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom