need help weird error

mhitandyr

Dalayan Beginner
i am sorry but i looked everywhere on forum and couldn't find a solution to my problem... there was a similar case sometime ago i saw that thread but it didn't truly fixed my problem i tried to do what the guy with cat avatar said but didn't worked anyway here is my problem

"The procedure entry point _AIL_enumerate_3D_providers@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll"

anyone know what can i do regarding to this? i followed the guide so i don't know what i am doing wrong >.< thanks in advance...

I'm pretty paranoid about downloading dll files off any websites. That's a good way for bad shit to get on your computer.

Between the "game" installer, windows updates and video card drivers you should have all necessary dll files needed. If this were me, I would uninstall and reinstall the game from the discs as a first step. Then look at updating the graphics card drivers.

What version of the game are you installing? Are you installing from original discs? Steam? The only other time I've seen this error was someone who hadn't installed the game properly.

moved mss32.dll file to eq folder but still getting error. moved a copy to system32 folder and still no dice.

Tried deleting the mss files from the game folder like other posts suggested but the files already do not exist anywhere in the game folder.

Windows 8 seems to be loaded with problems.

It may be a version mismatch too - what the error says to me is it FOUND the DLL, but if can't find the exposed function in the DLL where it's expected. That's almost certainly because you are using a version that's not expected.

My guess is you have a version that relocated that entry point. Unfortunately I don't know much about this DLL or how it's versioned. Perhaps going to an OLDER one might help? If so, place it in your EQ directory ONLY so you don't screw up the rest of your system. It should load that version first.

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, I'll move the mss32.dll file out of my system32 folder and only have it in the EQ folder?

I'll see about getting the CD's from somewhere.

When I purchased the game there were NO CDs, it was download only. I am having the same problem with the missing mss32.dll file.

i am sorry but i looked everywhere on forum and couldn't find a solution to my problem... there was a similar case sometime ago i saw that thread but it didn't truly fixed my problem i tried to do what the guy with cat avatar said but didn't worked anyway here is my problem

"The procedure entry point _AIL_enumerate_3D_providers@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll"

anyone know what can i do regarding to this? i followed the guide so i don't know what i am doing wrong >.< thanks in advance...

Reinstall your video card from scratch. That is telling you that something is screwed up with that DLL. Can't find whatever or an application is pointing to something that isn't in that DLL.

Also, install the proper DirectX needed to run this game. DX11 will not do it...I think you need DX9/10 or something.

And yes, you can install multiple versions of DirectX on a system without it causing issues.

Windows 8 seems to be loaded with problems.

It may be a version mismatch too - what the error says to me is it FOUND the DLL, but if can't find the exposed function in the DLL where it's expected. That's almost certainly because you are using a version that's not expected.

My guess is you have a version that relocated that entry point. Unfortunately I don't know much about this DLL or how it's versioned. Perhaps going to an OLDER one might help? If so, place it in your EQ directory ONLY so you don't screw up the rest of your system. It should load that version first.

You sir are on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom