New AA: Suspended Animation

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
One of the biggest drawbacks of pets right now is that valuable gear is permanently lost when the pet dies. Obviously, this is desirable in terms of making you choose wisely in equipping your pet, but it can also back you into a corner if your well-tuned solo pet is forced to go on some progression raiding with a high likelihood of dying.

To help with this, pet classes (MAG, NEC, ENC, BST, DRU, SHM) now have available a new AA called "Suspended Animation". This skill whisks your pet off to a safe space where it will remain, fully equipped and buffed, until recalled using the companion "Pet Revival" skill (which is free once you have attained at least one rank of Suspended Animation). The cost for the initial rank is 50 AAs, which allows you to suspend your pet up to 5 times. Additional ranks will raise this limit to 10 and 20. After reaching this limit, that particular pet can no longer be suspended.

As part of this change, we have also made all newly-dropped Blades of the Prime Animator NO RENT. Existing blades will not change, however. The weapons are otherwise identical.

There are some restrictions on the AA:
  • You cannot suspend/recall a pet while in combat
  • 10 minute cooldown on each skill
  • Only "normal" (non-charm/swarm pets) can be suspended
  • If your pet is wielding a particularly strong weapon (for now, this is just Animation blades), you will not be able to suspend your pet with those weapons on it
This should help pet classes enjoy their well-equipped pets for longer, and not have to worry about sacrificing them at times when their expected survivability is low.

One of the biggest drawbacks of pets right now is that valuable gear is permanently lost when the pet dies. Obviously, this is desirable in terms of making you choose wisely in equipping your pet, but it can also back you into a corner if your well-tuned solo pet is forced to go on some progression raiding with a high likelihood of dying.

I thought this was the point, so why would you not be able to save a pet with animation blades?

If your pet is wielding a particularly strong weapon (for now, this is just Animation blades), you will not be able to suspend your pet with those weapons on it

Edit: Dont get me wrong, this is an awesome idea, and im sure alot of pet classes are going to be hype, but if "One of the biggest drawbacks of pets right now is that valuable gear is permanently lost when the pet dies" why would you make it so a pet with the debatably most valuable weapon in the game cant be saved?

Last edited:
which allows you to suspend your pet up to 5 times.

So, if you summon a new pet, this new pet starts with 5 suspends, and once you've suspended it 5 times (5 days of xp-> raid) youll just have to suffer it dying? But if you summon a new pet, the new pet has a fresh 5 suspends?

So, if you summon a new pet, this new pet starts with 5 suspends?

Correct.

why would you make it so a pet with the debatably most valuable weapon in the game cant be saved?

Because the weapon is ridiculous and shouldn't really even exist. That said, it does, and we opted not to change that. The compromise is that we don't want them sticking around indefinitely.

So... can you please clarify?

Is this AA a "I have good pet stuffz, so I'll suspend it and then go raid petless" AA or a "I have good pet stuffz, so I'll suspend it and then summon a normal pet for raid then revive the good one after raid is over" AA?

I'm hoping the 2nd one.

So... can you please clarify?

Is this AA a "I have good pet stuffz, so I'll suspend it and then go raid petless" AA or a "I have good pet stuffz, so I'll suspend it and then summon a normal pet for raid then revive the good one after raid is over" AA?

I'm hoping the 2nd one.
Yes.

kinda confused on this AA , in what scenario example would a player that relies on pets dps be suspending a pet and going petless in a raid ? Also im curious as to why you cannot have a pet out when you have a suspended pet if the AA cannot be used in combat anyways?

kinda confused on this AA , in what scenario example would a player that relies on pets dps be suspending a pet and going petless in a raid ? Also im curious as to why you cannot have a pet out when you have a suspended pet if the AA cannot be used in combat anyways?

The Tarloc tribe in Turruj, the first Foremen's "low hp AE rain", kills most pets, I would for one for sure hide my pet away on that pull.

The Ghan tribe AE's a lot and they are magic immune. Unless you want to chain disease lifetap and have you Leeching Servant tomes done, well the pet wont make it.

Ect.

I would prefer it could be done in combat though.

Back
Top Bottom