New con system

Swight

Dalayan Elder
could someone give an explanation of how if I have a character of X level I can find the levels of the mobs that should con a certain color. I am looking for a calculation I can do, not a this is comparable to this. I am kinda curious about things like if it is based on a fixed number of levels from X or a percentage or something else and if so what these numbers or percentages might be.

if they are RED then they are 4+ levels higher than you
if they are YELLOW they are 1-3 levels higher than you
if they are WHITE they are the same level as you
if they are DARK BLUE they are 1-5 levels lower than you
if they are LIGHT BLUE they are 6-10 levels lower than you
if they are GREEN they are 11-15 levels lower than you (you gain a very small amount of xp from green con mobs)
if they are GRAY they are 16 or lower than you and you wont gain XP from their death.

I believe this is true in most cases. However it also seems like the lower range cons are not set into stone. The higher level you are the larger the range of levels (lower that you) will be for mobs to give you EXP.

So RED, YELLOW, and WHITE are constant.

DARK BLUE, LIGHT BLUE, GREEN, and GRAY are a percentage.

I found more info:
DARK BLUE 94 - 99% of your level
LIGHT BLUE 82 - 93% of your level
GREEN 71 - 81% of your level
GRAY Lower than 70% of your level

Last edited:
This ruins my immersion. I always just assumed mobs from DB-gray were that way cause I'm super beefy and they are scrawny weaklings that need to respect my authoritah.

Voltron puts them in their place, but now I know it's all a lie!

I believe you can change the color is in the options i would have to look through that again though to be 100% certain.

The only one I'd want to change is white, it is very close to grey in color but a huge difference in challenge. Maybe some Crest White Strips....

Theoretically you can modify this with ui settings via the TargetIndicator.ini file.

I haven't tried though.

uyMmDfh.jpg

Greys are now squishy pink for me.

This works for the targeting ring, just had to change the color settings under the [Trivial] entry in that file.

Unfortunately it looks like the target box is a different beast.

Sounds like a fun project. I just changed mine too. Will see the effect tomorrow. Was going for a royal purple so like.... 102B 0G 102R

Back
Top Bottom