New Newbie Quest Bug Thread!

I discovered on the Chef De Cuisine quest in Greenmist the chef returns the dwarf meat and gives you a little cash and a swamp muck cape and a little xp. It is on the last part after you kill the dwarf. It seems you can keep doing this with the meat and keep getting rewarded.

All bugs to this point are fixed, with most of the aesthetic stuff having already been in the hopper for patch!

How did you like them? Any content suggestions?

They have a good variety of quest objectives, the stories are entertaining, and several are funny. I also think that the length of each quest is appropriate for these levels. Overall I'd say these are among the best newbie quests in the game.

The only suggestion I can think of is have Patricia Shadowfall move to an area where she'll still be easily accessible after nightfall; an entire night is a very long time in the life of a new character.

Also, I haven't been able to find all 6 Greenmist quests yet. So far I've found: Jagtooth, Jungle Fishin', Meat Delivery and Sneaky Sneaky.

I haven't done many of the Stinger's Bog quests, but the mosquito killing one is hilarilous! Disgusting, but hilarious.
Great work :)

In Greater Faydark, handing Patricia Shadowfall six Voice of Terrors and a Flawed Boneseer Orb for the quest Frilakh Bone Magic did not produce the item or exp reward or progress the quest to the next stage for my character Lorisha. I think this was caused by the fact that the Flawed Boneseer Orb she turned in had all the charges used.

Boneseer quest

I saw that someone posted about the boneseer quest already, but i dont see a definite reply to it being fixed. I have tried to finish it for quite some time now, so i am guessing that it has not been. Is it being looked into?

Finna McThompson's quest - I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but after spending the greater majority of a 'night' trying to get the fish to spawn (11 PM to Sunrise), I'm not sure if the spawn rate is bugged, or just... Way out of wack for a newbie quest.

I could understand needing to go through 1-3 spawn cycles, but I've lost count of how many I've been through over the weekend and have had no luck.

That said, for a newbie quest, it just doesn't feel 'fun'. Unless I'm doing it wrong and I need to sit there and fish with a fishing poll, but nothing in the quest text indicates that's the way to do this quest.

I was doing the Kelethin quests on my ranger. I have killed many friklah, and never saw soft friklah scales. By many I mean level 1-20s. Also, when I was doing the spies quest. Red got scared and depoped. (I think it was a druid in the building behind her). When I tried to talk to her again, she told me not to blow her cover again. I did /cmd d1, but the orc form of her never depopped, nor did a new red ever pop up.

I was doing the Kelethin quests on my ranger. I have killed many friklah, and never saw soft friklah scales. By many I mean level 1-20s. Also, when I was doing the spies quest. Red got scared and depoped. (I think it was a druid in the building behind her). When I tried to talk to her again, she told me not to blow her cover again. I did /cmd d1, but the orc form of her never depopped, nor did a new red ever pop up.

Can you say exactly where you are in the spies quest? Red is a *really* confusing script, and I am the one who wrote her!

I know this isn't one of the new quests listed, but in going back through my screenshots for other quest bugs, I found it so I'm posting info here. It may already be in the queue to be resolved, if so, my apologies.

Quest: Shedari's Tasks
Zone: Surefall

After completing step 2, and turning in the Gnoll Balms and receiving Banded Surefall Leggings, hailing her again starts a new dialog. She wants to have the bandages delivered, but responding that you will deliver them results in nothing progressing. I don't know if there is no further quest, or a breakdown in script.

I actually have not yet gotten to Surefall, and hope to fix all the prblems with the existing newbie quests there when I do. Currently the line up is Erudin, Halas, Newport/Surefall and then finally Tarhyl Crags.

But I do appreciate you posting any bugs you find there!!! It will help me when I get to that point!!!

Found a few bugs in Grobb, with some of the older quests.

I've /bug reported this one, but I'm adding it here as well just in case as well as in the hopes of knowing if it gets fixed so I can go back and try it again.

Spiritspeaker Notab's first quest ( http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Spiritspeaker_Notab's_quests_-_Part_I ), where he gives you a "Can not be destroyed and must be trash canned" quest box, is repeatable. Upon completing it, he gives no further quest text options, and hailing him gives you the option to do the quest again, resulting in another "Must be trash canned" box. Only annoying thing about this box is there are no trash cans in Grobb.

The wiki indicates that at least one upon a time, he offered a quest chain, but I'm not sure if thats the case any longer.

And to some extent, the same is true of Spirit Talker Grekal; If you've finished his chain, hailing him gives you his introduction text, his first quest line responce, and then another line of text that says you've done his quests and to move on... But if you give his quest reply, you are able to start his quest line over.

Found a few bugs in Grobb, with some of the older quests.

I've /bug reported this one, but I'm adding it here as well just in case as well as in the hopes of knowing if it gets fixed so I can go back and try it again.

Spiritspeaker Notab's first quest ( http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Spiritspeaker_Notab's_quests_-_Part_I ), where he gives you a "Can not be destroyed and must be trash canned" quest box, is repeatable. Upon completing it, he gives no further quest text options, and hailing him gives you the option to do the quest again, resulting in another "Must be trash canned" box. Only annoying thing about this box is there are no trash cans in Grobb.

The wiki indicates that at least one upon a time, he offered a quest chain, but I'm not sure if thats the case any longer.

And to some extent, the same is true of Spirit Talker Grekal; If you've finished his chain, hailing him gives you his introduction text, his first quest line responce, and then another line of text that says you've done his quests and to move on... But if you give his quest reply, you are able to start his quest line over.

I will look into this tonight and report back. Thank you for reporting it.

I will look into this tonight and report back. Thank you for reporting it.

There is an issue with a quest in steamfont. I did the quest a couple weeks ago but wasn't able to post about the bug. Unfortunately I've forgotten the name of the quest, but I know the reward and you'll probably know which one it is. The reward is the weakened dragonbone necklace, you talk to a researcher near the mecha-dragon in steamfont, who instructs you to take a survey bot to the bones of a dead dragon near by and conduct some surveys.

At that point, the survey bot appears and you hail it to continue the quest. Instead of going with you to survey anything, it just automatically completes and you talk to the researcher again to go to the next step. I suppose it could be purposeful, but the text of the quest basically says you'll be taking the bot to the dragon bones and probably/possibly come under attack by things.

In anycase, hope you can fix it and I apologize for the lack of information.

It seems that some of the quest givers in Kelethin have had their names changed. I want to verify that these are the same people, just with new names so that I have correct info in my quest text. I'm sorry if this was addressed elsewhere, I'm using data from the wiki. If these are accurate changes, I'll update the wiki to reflect as well :)

Hingoth Straightshooter is now Hingoth Keenshot? (Is his wife renamed as well to Mirla Keenshot?)

Packmaster Godras is now Godras Packweaver (though the sign outside his door says Packwearer's Goods)?

Barann Glademead is now Barann Sweetwater?

Thanks in advance! I'm wrapping up my quest submission and will post it soon.

*Edit Speaking with Godras does not provide an entry into quest journal. Not sure if this is intended.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom