New Newbie Quest Bug Thread!

It seems that some of the quest givers in Kelethin have had their names changed. I want to verify that these are the same people, just with new names so that I have correct info in my quest text. I'm sorry if this was addressed elsewhere, I'm using data from the wiki. If these are accurate changes, I'll update the wiki to reflect as well :)

Kelethin was in a bad state and Woldaff did a great job adding quests. I was trying to help out by making it a bit more aesthetically appealing but went overboard with the name changes. For now they have been reverted to avoid confusion. If I decide to change any names in the future I will be sure to update the wiki in the process. Thanks for pointing this out!

I just checked in game again and the names are the 'new' ones. Keenshot instead of Straightshooter, etc. Are you saying that they're are going to be reverted back to Straightshooter? Or will they stay Keenshot? I don't mean to make waves, and honestly it doesn't matter to me whatever they want to be called :)

For now, I'll assume they are going to stay Keenshot, etc since that is what they are currently in the game. I'll use that for my script, but will refrain from updating the wiki.

Also, it is now nighttime in game when I checked. Mirlan Keenshot is now a male character talking about his husband that runs the shop during the daytime. Not that I'm against Mirlan's sex change if that's what he wanted, and maybe that would explain them changing their names to start their new lives ... but I wanted to point that out in case it was unintentional :p

For now, I'll assume they are going to stay Keenshot, etc since that is what they are currently in the game. I'll use that for my script, but will refrain from updating the wiki.

NPC names require a patch to change, so that is why the names are still the same. For the Keenshot family I actually did decide to keep that name, and I will update the wiki after the next patch. Since I am nosy I checked into the affairs of the Straightshooters (Keenshots) and no one is getting a sex change. Mirla will be a lady whenever you visit the shop in the future. Sorry for any confusion and thank you for the feedback!

edit: Can you explain what 'quest script' you are referencing?

Last edited:
I am really new to the game, but this looks like a place where I can help out.

The quest reward item from Marak McTerl's quest in Centaur hills is recommended level 50 - I got it on my level 15 Shadowknight Elisya.

Ps. First post!

If you lie to One-wit he will never let you talk to him again. So i dont think you can compleat the quest like that. That may be intented.

Halasian Berserker Belt - That one is my mistake! Need to change that to 15 or so.

Thank you for the feedback. If you run into anything else please let us know!

Jagtooth Quest has no exp reward and the item isnt no drop and has only 1 charge. And the mobs is Toothy not jagtooth.

Grumb's Quest has you pick to do 1) Revenge 2) Revenge is maybe not the best idear. If you pick number 2 your out of the quest and can't do it. Harsh Punishment for roleplaying.

Last edited:
Just did the new Halas newbie quests for warriors and shaman, found a few things.

1) Fun factor: Neat! BUT SO MANY BUNNY PELTS! After farming the first 10 hides for the opening quests, would it be possible to switch from bunny hides to drops from the leopards? Nearly 4 hours of my 8-10 spent doing these quest lines was spent farming bunny hides. Or would it be possible to bump up the drop rate on them? The ~10-15% drop rate for how many are needed feels painful, but that could be because I was doing two lines at once.

2) Shammy quests: Many lines in the quest text when indicating a singular person, it uses the plural of 'Spiritwalkers'.

3) Warrior bracer quest: Not sure if this is everyone, or just me, but when handing in the Raw Tundra Bracer, I was given the second bracer right off the bat and didn't have to farm the stuff for a second one. If you need a log to check, Sat Nov 2nd, 6:20 am -might not be Pacific time any longer- because now that clocks have changed, I'm all messed up; I change time zones, not clocks.

4) Warrior leggings quest: Journal says "Mammoth Cald" rather then "Mammoth Calf"

I'll post any more that jump out and bite me as I update the wiki.

Thanks for the feedback on these Halas quests! The introduction quest used to require leopard pelts, and I changed it to rabbit pelts but I guess I forgot to increase the drop rate. Future generations should see a much higher drop rate on these pelts. I fixed all of the spelling errors but was unable to duplicate the error with the warrior bracer (and did not find it in testing). Can you give any other details with that either in /bug or /petition?

If you have time to respond I am curious about some other issues:
1) Did you complete the whole armor quest line? The final reward is a weapon, just like the beastlord line.
2) Did you try out any of the other quests around Halas? The wiki has some, but not all of these listed. If you have time, please add to the Halas Starting Guide!
3) In particular there is at least another quest right in your guild. It is shorter, only two quests. It will be given by the guild leader who did not send you out to make armor. The second quest is barbarian only. However, this is the only quest in Halas that is like that. Everything else can be done by players of any race, as long as they have the faction.

I'll have to write the warrior bracer thing off as a glitch then. I have no idea how I did it because I just handed in the parts, she gave me the quest text option to get info on the next quest, and she promptly went on and gave me the second one.

I did the entire armor line for both Shammy and Warrior, yep!

I noticed at one point, the shammy and BL chest both have the same name. Made the Wiki entry a little cumbersome, but aside from that, over all, I thought the upgrade and quest lines were fun.

Question I have on the warrior quest line: Am I able to trade back and forth between 1 hander and 2 hander? I'm hesitant to switch to the two hander because I've got so many 2 handed things already. I'm -thrilled- to see a good low level 1hb though, because so many quests give swords, and most tanks go for blunt/avoidance specialization.

I've not checked out too many other quests; most of the NPCs in the area wouldn't respond to hails. I actually had to roll up a level 1 barb to even do these quests, because I was unable to buy the sands required as an iksar. I had also already done the barb shirt quest with Zea before hand, so I don't know if I can do that one or not. I'll have to run around and do some hails.

Even when I'd done every single faction turn in outside and the entire warrior line, I still con dubious to the warrior guild, where as I'm up to Kindly / Amiable with the shaman / BL guild with Zea.

I'm still working on updating the wiki for both classes, but I got lazy after the first 7 quests and adding all the items in. At this point, I'm just editing the text files in note pad to copy / paste over.

Also, was it intended to have some of the newbie quest items sell for over 4 plat each? The pristine spider carapaces and kitty skulls seem insanely overvalued. Even the kitty bones sell for over a plat.

Unsure if this is exactly the right place or not, but are there any plans to open the frog newbie quests to other races? I grabbed the warrior / pally quest on Zea (It gave it to me no problem) but the item I must have equipped to do it is frog only.

I am having issues with the warrior spirit quest line in Halas. The Antique Armor kit will not make the combine for the bracers. the wiki says it needs a rusty orc bracer I was wondering if that was the issue. I have tried a rusty orc wristguard and an orc bracelet but neither work. I reported it to a gm and he said he had heard of the issue but thought it was fixed. My question is, is it broken or am I not looting the right bracelet?

Just put in another long and involved one into Mistwoods. Took me all day. Check it out!

Help Please! Is there anyone that can fix the Halas Warrior quest. I would really like to do the quest line but I am stuck at the bracers it will not let me combine the items. I have tried with 2 different warriors thinking one was bugged. Both were unable to make the combine.

Help Please! Is there anyone that can fix the Halas Warrior quest. I would really like to do the quest line but I am stuck at the bracers it will not let me combine the items. I have tried with 2 different warriors thinking one was bugged. Both were unable to make the combine.

Can look at this tonight if Olive does not swoop in to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom