New PC, Windows 10, SOD runs like poop

Oracle VM has laggy mouse, no matter how I set it either before launching the vm or inside it, and 2D and 3D acceleration are on. Now waiting for the ip to be configured.
Thanks for the suggestion, will try Sandboxie!

Still laggy. I wish it could isolate the problematic windows update from the rest of the system instead :D

Back to 1511 with disabled Windows update service. If it'll let me install the correct version of old drivers. Or else dual boot a newer version with Linux and use Wine. Crazy what complications can arise from having too good CPU :/

Edit: 1511 with dowloading the basic drivers through update (the exct same driver downloaded manually won't install, go figure) and then promptly disabling it works for now. I'll see how not having the updates affects other work on this computer. Not cool, MS, no cool. In fact, totally shitty, but nothing new.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had an issue where a windows update made my server NIC card completely wonky. We had to isolate a specific windows update, disable it via group policy, report it to microsoft, and wait for a fix. Thank goodness my IT department did all the research on that one... because those are not fun

right click the Windows defender process and expand it, right click its sub process and open file location. Open the ui.exe file and turn everything off

Back
Top Bottom