New server

Monance

Dalayan Adventurer
http://www.takproject.net

This server goes into Beta on the 1st of January. It will start out with classic EQ and is planned to go up to PoP, just like EQMac used to. The difference between this project and most other EMU Projects is that it uses an earlier client than titanium, and will be cross platform (PC and Mac clients can be used to connect to the server)

The boxing limit will be 3 accounts per RL person.

If you need any help setting up or have any questions, feel free to PM me

Season's Greetings
Lance

PS: Long time no see, what is new around here. SoD seems to have changed a lot since I've left.

What was the final expansion? PoP?
Was a good place to leave off.

It was the best place, arguably. Legacy of Ykesha would be my other option. It didn't really fundamentally change the game like LDON and GoD did after that, and mostly added functionality in the game to catch up to the competitors :)

Yeah pop was great for raiding, and I enjoyed ldon dungeon farming. Raising ldon was mostly poop.

cant pm you for some reason but would like to know how to get started plz and thx (pc client)

lol? what are you talking about? If you are gonna throw out accusations you should probably back them up, otherwise it just makes you look like a silly hater.

Nevermind, I found my answer.

People working on this seem skilled. Each with their own servers under their belt and some years of work behind them. Hope everything goes well with this.

Last edited:
lol? what are you talking about? If you are gonna throw out accusations you should probably back them up, otherwise it just makes you look like a silly hater.

no idea why you're defending this server so much.

the guise does not drop and nor does the mana stone. in the 1 week the server has been out they have already given those to people who have "donated". if this shit happens so early in the existence of the server then im sure it will continue to happen.

also be in for a ride as this server has random disconnects. welcome back pl bug.

They have handed out stuff to people who posted bug reports and helped test the raids, that's all

Obviously someone had successfully trolled you, so hard that you feel the need to spread lies and rumors, jealousy is a bitch

Also, guise and mana stone were not in on original eqmac si why should they be here

They have handed out stuff to people who posted bug reports and helped test the raids, that's all

Obviously someone had successfully trolled you, so hard that you feel the need to spread lies and rumors, jealousy is a bitch

Also, guise and mana stone were not in on original eqmac si why should they be here

im getting that from someone who i played sod with whom i trust more than you. thank you for your defense captain save a hoe. I wont play on there due to that. that is all.

Out of curiosity, were the rewards handed out items that can be obtained by everyone to plays? Deein mentioned Manastone and Guise, which weren't in the game. Were those the item rewards?
I liked EQMac, and was pretty stoked when Secrets posted a patch for PC users. Seeing him/her on the staff doing stuff is pretty cool.

no, the only things rewarded were the following:

A title of your choice for testing the GM sponsored Naggy Raid, this went to like 15 players in total because alpha population was really low. (1 Per PERSON, not 1 for every character attended)

1 each (per RL person) of Stone of Gnoming (http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=31863) and Guide Pack (http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=17800) for people who submitted a lot of bug reports. I personally have over 600 posts on that forum, and about 90% of those are bug reports, so I was one of the lucky people to grab them. (1 each per PERSON, not for multiple accounts and/or characters)

No Manastones or Guises, that would be ridiculous. There was a dude who got a Manastone in Alpha for testing purposes, but this was prior to the last wipe. The server is now in beta and there will be no further wipes.

Also, some people are falsely labeling this as a Progression server, but the only progression is the release of content as it is done developing, and ofc the Devs are tackling it 1 expansion at a time. But since they do not want to do the same work 5 times (a la true progression like on P99) there will be some out of era npcs and loot in game. So this is as much a progression server as was the Sony Progression server. Apples and Oranges

Oh and about the PL bug. Some of the devs on TAK are close to devs on SoD, so a lot of code changes were already put in that we can thank the SoD Dev team for.

The PL bug has been eliminated, but there are still a lot of netcode issues. This is due to the client not being used by a whole lot of people, titanium client servers like the other servers on EQEMU have a much higher userbase and have been in development for years, so its no surprise their codebase is more mature than that of TAK. Also you have to accommodate the Mac Players, and the Mac client is the one which poses the biggest problems/challenge for the Dev Team at this moment.

I play on PC client and I am playing with ZERO issues. Ofcourse the server doesn't run as stable as P99 or SoD, but it went into open alpha mid 2014, so for the short time this server has been up the improvements that have been made are very impressive

Last edited:
I was reading the forum, out of curiosity (and this may be old news and no longer applicable) are you limited to a certain number of accounts? I thought I read in there (but couldn't find it in your official rules) that can only have so many accounts, and any after that will be banned. I may have read it out of context or incorrectly, but I am interested to know. The boxing limit is appropriate and punishment of 3rd party program use are good , but as someone who likes to keep 1 character per account I would see it as kinda silly to be limited to say 3 account total, especially if the server is free to play.

Edit: I found it! This is what I am asking about.

1231.JPG

Last edited:
yeah the maximum for boxing, as per vote, is going to be 3. So you are limited to creating 3 game accounts from your 1 allowed forum account

I see I see, so if I wanted to have 4 or more account (not logged in) just for characters I couldn't? Guess you gotta take the bad with the good. Thanks for the info. Server looks good. PoP was when everything was at its best imo. Class balance was good, content was fun, etc.

i didnt see any rule about not making more than one forum account. if there is one then i guess i broke da rules already plz dont report me

haha i read your post why isnt that in the rules 101

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom