New spells discussion thread.

Mythryn

Dalayan Master
ITT: Discuss the new class spells that are currently in the spell parser.

[size=+4]DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TAKE THE NUMBERS FOUND BELOW AS GOSPEL, AS THEY COULD CHANGE AT ANY MOMENT. DISCUSS THE NATURE OF THE SPELL, AND NOT HOW LARGE OR SMALL THE NUMBERS ARE[/size]

Bard
March of the Shadows: Undead only 90 damage a tick, 45 mana drained, lower AC by 30 for 18 seconds, -25 MR check, Percussion. 50 range.
Lilt of Frenzy: Self based increase STR by 40, CHA by 30, DEX by 50, Attack by 90 and 60% haste for 18 seconds, 3 second cast.
-Runic: Anthem of Command: Charm up to level 64 for 7 ticks, 1000 mana cost, -50 MR check
-Runic: Dirge of the Stalwart: Raid wide BUFF (not a song) for 500 mana, lasts 40 minutes, increase HP and AC by 100, 300 point rune.

Beastlord
-Runic: Spirit of the Untamed: Summon pet spell for 925 mana
-Runic: Pack of the Hunter: Swarm Pet spell for 950 mana, instant cast, but blacks out your spell gems for 60 seconds

Cleric
Deific Brand: Single target 30 point reverse damage shield for 36 seconds, 450 mana cost, 4 second cast time, -50 MR check
-Runic: Sphere of Eternity: Target based PBAE heal for 3400 base, 7 second cast, 2000 mana cost
-Runic: Brilliance of Eternity: Single target heal for 4900 base, 850 mana cost, 3.5 second cast
--Artifact: Gnosis: Single target increase HP by 500, WIS by 100 and AC by 760 for 18 seconds, 600 mana cost, 160 second recast, 2.5 second cast

Druid
Earthshaper's Behest: Summon pet for 220 mana. Requires a reagent.
Shape of the Wild: Self based Wolf Illusion, 78% movement speed increase, 5 FT, Ultravision, see invis, 100 Attack, Spell crit chance, 300 mana cost, lasts 144 minutes.
Dominate Animal: Animal based 5 second stun, decrease attack by 50, 25% slow, lower all resists by 25, lower current hate by 200 for one minute. 5 second cast, 450 mana, -10 MR check.
-Runic: Overwhelming Empathy: Single Target heal for 4300 base, 780 mana cost, 3.75 second cast time
-Runic: Cascading Vim: 100 range group heal for 1780 base, plus leaves a 500/tick HoT lasts 12 seconds, 1010 mana cost, 4.12 second cast time
--Artifact: Warp Nature: Target based 1225 DD, 400/tick DoT and 2% slow for 18 seconds, 880 mana cost, 8 second cast, -70 MR check, requires a reagent.

Enchanter
Runed Shelter: Group rune for 990 damage, 4 second cast, 850 mana cost, requires 2 peridots.
-Runic: Aura of Destruction: Target based Illusion: Imp, increase spell crit chance by 1% (might be higher, Kobex parser hates this effect) and 35 cha for 18 seconds. 350 mana cost, 2 second cast, 15 second recast.
-Runic: Muscle Lock: Single target 100% slow, 1700 damage, increase disease counters by 1 for 12 seconds, 720 mana cost, -60 MR check
--Artifact: Hex of the Razad: Unresistable spell with a 12 second duration for 1010 mana, seems to act as all 3 curses in one.

Magician
Elemental Barrage: Casts 4 different DD spells for 400 damage a piece, each with a different -175 resist check for 510 mana, 5.5 second cast
-Runic: Servant of the Elements: Summon multiple pets for 400 mana. (think monster summoning)
-Runic: Elemental Fusion: Pet summon spell for 750 mana
--Artifact: Rezadian Blizzard: Target based rain for 1700/wave, destroys targets under level 50, 975 mana, 3 second cast, -20 CR check, requires a reagent.

Necromancer
Channel Essence: Target based transfer spell, gives 350 HP and 20 mana per tick to a friendly target, drains 350 HP per tick, 500 range (lol), 200 mana cost, 2 second cast
-Runic: Hierophants's Breath: 60 range PBAE 500 DD, 310 damage/tick dot for 1 minute, 905 mana, 5.6 second cast
-Runic: Grip of Kaezul: Single target auto cast Relic: Hand of Kaezul, Relic: Spirit of Kaezul, 400 damage, 1020 mana cost, -800 MR check.
--Artifact: Pox of the Razad: Single target DoT, 500 base damage, 900 damage per tick, -40 cha, 1300 mana cost, 6.5 second cast, -50 DR check, requires 2 reagents

Paladin
Descending Judgement: Target based Rain, 300 damage and 1 second stun on each wave, 510 mana, -50 MR check, 1 second cast, 10 second recast
-Runic: Protective Lustration: Group HoT for 24 seconds, 390 per tick, decreases spell damage (and healing) done by 8%, 780 mana, 1.75 second cast, 20 second recast
-Runic: Zealous Might: Self based 12 second buff for 440 mana, increase attack by 100, DEX and STR by 50, overhaste, decrease aggression by 30%, add proc: Cease (1 second stun), 18 second recast.

Ranger
Shelter of the Ancients: Pet based 2000 point magic rune, 680 mana, 2 second cast, 30 second recast
-Runic: Quiver of the Legion: Self based add proc (Seeping Arrow, 150 lifetap, -65 attack and -40 ac for 12 seconds, unresistable) and lowers mana by 55 per tick, lasts 180 minutes, 580 mana cost.
-Runic: Flare Shot: Self buff for 1500 mana, lasts 18 seconds, adds a 1900 damage AE proc to melee.

Shadowknight
Cloak of the Razad: Self based buff, 220 HP, See invis, 55 spell AC, 8 point damage shield, +5% aggression.
-Runic: Agent of Kaezul: Summon pet for 12 seconds, 50 spell AC, 950 mana cost, 120 second recast
-Runic: Scream of Horror: Target based 18 second buff for 800 mana, Increase aggression by 200%, 10% death save, add proc: Anger (75 agro)

Shaman
Crippling Surge: Target based AE debuff, lowers AC, STR, DEX and AGI (kobex doesn't want to show the numbers just yet) for 5 minutes, 435 mana cost, -25 MR check
-Runic: Spiritual Attuning: Group based Torpor (600 healed per tick instead of 300) for 24 seconds, 850 mana cost, 6 second cast
-Runic: Convalesce Spirit: Target based heal for 2850 base for 885 mana, 3.85 second cast

Wizard
Abstraction of Flame: Self based fear and mez for 4 ticks. Summons multiple pets. 1900 mana cost, 10 second cast time, 300 second recast
-Runic: Persistent Trauma: Target based 150/tick dot, lower agro by 130 for 1 minute 30 seconds, 525 mana, 4 second cast time, -50 MR check
-Runic: Shock of Saitha: Single target 715 damage, -10 MR check, NO MANA COST, 125 range, 6 second cast.
--Artifact: Elael's Flare: Target based 4500 DD, decrease mana, 1600 mana cost, 5 second cast, -20 FR check, requires two reagents.

Personally, unless we see huge HP and mana inflation with the expansion, then the heals and some of the DDs are worthless, as they have outrageous mana costs, and the next tier of focus effects are in the parser as well (Healing Increment 8, etc). Also Clerics still get the fastest, biggest, cheapest and most efficient heals.

Nice to see Enchanters get Shape of the Channeler back, and melees finally get a mod rod (yeah yeah I didn't feel like listing it). 50/55 spell AC on the SK spells seems fairly trivial, and Paladins will now get hit by their AE agro spell. Good ideas all around, but from how they are listed in the parser, they need some fine tuning.

This is by no means perfectly accurate. Abstraction of flame could also cast Trance Flame repeatedly, which is an AE 1700 DD. So take them with a grain of salt, but this is how they currently are in the parser.

Last edited:
I'm gonna lock this thread until Woldaff or another Kunark dev confirms or denies these are FINAL numbers, I don't want this to devolve into bitching about numbers that aren't set.

EDIT: Thread OKed, read the red text.

As the above wiz disclaimer reads - these are far far far far far far far from the final numbers.

If you want to discuss the general mechanics of the spells be my guest. Remember that you are working with maybe 10% of the info though - you can not gline all that much just out of the parser.

How would you know what focus effects what elemental if you did not have them to test in game? There is a lot of hard coding going into this expansion so keep that in mind.

Have at it!

Personally I don't think the Shaman AE HoT needs the slow/snare component, unless it's incredibly efficient. I also hope that the Paladin agro rain doesn't count the paladin towards the 2 target rain cap. Also, the bard charm seems really, really good, as long as it pulses and rapes a bards mana, so it can be used more like a CC spell than a charm spell.

Last edited:
the rain agro spell for paladins seems weird.

first of all rains are 2 target based, right? if you need to tank just 2 targets its pretty simple to just toggle targets and use ST blind, divine stun and melee agro to tank.

second, if its a rain then that means you either have to somehow find a grp of mobs standing there hugging each other and then cast it and run, or cast it while u have a grp of mobs whacking you and then u risk the chance of it landing on you too. i like the fact that the idea is something never before seen on paladins, but so far i cant quite make out a use for it. imo if we just got another ae blind, with faster recast but less agro generation thatd be cool. imo we should call it "Vartenaal's eye-poking flailing finger rain"

also what does "decreases spell damage (and healing) done by 8%" mean? that the damage spells and OTHER healing spells you cast while the hot is on you they do 8% less?

and yes, the mana cost does seem to be pretty crazy even for people with top of the line gear

btw if the cleric AE heal really IS an AE heal, one that goes outside the group and just hits anyone in the vicinity, that would be damn AWESOME

wtb more thoughts on the topic

Also are all classes getting 2 Runic spells, while the pure classes get Artifacts? Or are Hybrids SoL in that regard and just get the single Runic and the single new spell? And the Illusion: Imp portion of the Aura of Destruction spell is going to limit the zones it can be used in.

Last edited:
how come druids have 2 runics and an artifact?

Cleric
-Deific Band: Single target 30 point reverse damage shield for 36 seconds, 450 mana cost, 4 second cast time, -50 MR check

Does that mean that everytime someone hits the mob he gets healed for 30?

think it means every time the mob hits a player, the mob with the spell casted on it gets 30pt dmg done to it.

Spells said:
-Runic: Pack of the Hunter: Swarm Pet spell for 950 mana, instant cast, but blacks out your spell gems for 60 seconds

950 Mana seems quite a bit unfair even for much higher tier Beastlords. I know these numbers are not final but with the added effect it seems a bit more harmful than beneficial

950 Mana seems quite a bit unfair even for much higher tier Beastlords. I know these numbers are not final but with the added effect it seems a bit more harmful than beneficial

maybe they could be rogue mobs who backstab and stuff.

Ranger
-Shelter of the Ancients: Pet based 2000 point magic rune, 680 mana, 2 second cast, 30 second recast
-Runic: Quiver of the Legion: Self based add proc (Seeping Arrow, 150 lifetap, -65 attack and -40 ac for 12 seconds, unresistable) and lowers mana by 55 per tick, lasts 180 minutes, 580 mana cost.

Shelter sounds cool, but in the long run the 30% chance to avoid detrimental AEs is better i think (meantioned in BD). Maybe a 2k spell rune w/ a 40% change to avoid detrimental spells. In most cases it can get knocked of in 1-2 AEs, but a 40% chance would atleast make it possible to evade one or maybe 2 every now and then.

Runic: (Seeping Arrow, 150 lifetap, -65 attack and -40 ac for 12 seconds, unresistable) and lowers mana by 55 per tick. Is this lowering the mobs atk, ac, and mana or does the buff mana drain the player?

The reason I like the spell rune is it gives rangers an active role in keeping the pets alive - as well as a use for their mana.

The buff is just a click and release sort of thing that really has no thinking attached.

Deific Band: Single target 30 point reverse damage shield for 36 seconds, 450 mana cost, 4 second cast time, -50 MR check

I don't quite understand this spell. I get that it's something you cast on the mob but I don't really understand it's purpose. Maybe I just don't get what a reverse damage shield is. If it does mean that the mob does 30 damage to itself every time it hits someone then that doesn't strike me as being very useful on anything except a mob that phantom strikes. If something hits fast enough on a single player that 30 damage every hit would be beneficial then I'm going to be healing frantically rather than casting this.

It just doesn't seem like a spell that'll get a lot of use.

If something hits fast enough on a single player that 30 damage every hit would be beneficial then I'm going to be healing frantically rather than casting this.

Damage shields do a huge amount of damage. A 30 point reverse damage shield stackable with all the normal damage shields is pretty great. That's 30 points per hit for 36 seconds for 450 mana. That's pretty big DPS and efficiency.

Enchanters:

-I personally feel boon spells dont help the enchanter class, if that is the imp illusions purpose (for casters). Mainly this has to do with lack of scaling from gear. There are several threads on it though I believe.

-While I have thought that a conglomerate version of the curses would save spell bar space, unless the recast is adjusted it would be very inefficient as some targets need different curses or its often good to save them for different encounters (Assuming the 3 originals are on the same timer as Razak[sp])

-Group runes = A+

Some cool stuff in there. It's interesting that there are no new HP buffs, but I guess that's to be expected seeing as how the arbitrary increase in HP burned Live up.

Was the gimpier Beastlord version of the pet spell rune cut?

I don't quite understand this spell. I get that it's something you cast on the mob but I don't really understand it's purpose. Maybe I just don't get what a reverse damage shield is. If it does mean that the mob does 30 damage to itself every time it hits someone then that doesn't strike me as being very useful on anything except a mob that phantom strikes. If something hits fast enough on a single player that 30 damage every hit would be beneficial then I'm going to be healing frantically rather than casting this.

On Live (to be taken with a grain of salt), I think reverse damage shield was healing the player each time he did land a hit, then I think it was changed to each time the mob managed to hit, then it was removed from the game because they were crazy enough to have put it as clicky on the clerics BPs... It was great: we were just right clicking the BP until it would land, send a HoT on the tank, and then watch everyone in the group heal themselves. That was between Kunark and Velious, at the very start of Velious since it got nerfed when we were entering North Temple of Veeshan if I remember correctly.

At the time, and the way they did implement it, it was grossly overpowered (mana free group/raid heal as long as you hit the mob), and thus nerfed.

EDIT: or maybe I am wrong and the effect I am describing had another name, velious was pretty far ago and it was nerfed quick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom