New spells discussion thread.

Ta-da!

Shadowknight
Runic: Scream of Horror: Target based 18 second buff for 800 mana, Increase aggression by 200%, 10% death save, add proc: Anger (75 agro)

Cleric AND Paladin
Runic: Zealous Might: Self based 12 second buff for 440 mana, increase attack by 100, DEX and STR by 50, overhaste, decrease aggression by 50%, add proc: cease (1 second stun)

personally, i think the paladin/sk balance is fine the way it is atm: sks excel an single target agro (if you know how to play your class, and if you get to 65+ high tier raid game, i would hope that you do) and debuffing opponents, and paladins excel at patching groups and ae agro. a skilled SK can keep a small group mobs (3-4) occupied if he works for it and a paladin can decently tank single mobs if he spams agro properly.

the stuff that was said regarding giving paladins a large unresistable agro pbaoe of 12 targets and etc - although cool, would be, honestly, way overpowered. imo the knight balance is fine just the way it is - just leave the griping alone and learn to play your class before you say "FD pulling this" "group HoTs that"....

imo zealous might would suck for paladins cause they DO need to keep agro pretty high even in raids, if the MT just happens to take a dirt nap and defo in groups where they end up tanking. worst case scenario, if you need to lose agro in raid, just back off from dps a few seconds and youre fine.

i like the idea of having another big self-heal like taraztu though. would defo be useful in some cases. usually i keep up taraztu and malath spells and for those rare occasions i bring in althuna at the cost of Shout of Agony.

the rain stun spell is really a no-go though. another fast-casting low-moderate agro ae blind would be good.

So it's raidwide pet rune as I thought. for 680m it's not too bad. If you're concerned about aggro it shouldn't bring much aggro to cast the Shelter so it would make you jolt less. Pretty good tradeoff to me.
Although I do see that a ranger has to move closer to melees to make this work. But apparently the "no ranger will ever use this" is wrong, it's just you who is completely stuck on his position.

I agree, rain-stun for pally is kinda sucky. I would be more interested in a 2nd AoE blind or similiar, where I can cast around mezzed mobs without waking something up.

Another line I would love would be a decent self-only hot, 2 different spells, 1 for normal self healing and 1 for when shit hits the fan. Regular one would be a self only "Celestial Elixir (59 Cleric HoT) 320 Mana, 4 Tick, and 425 hp/tick, 1.5 sec cast time.

The o-shit one would be something along the lines of 575 hp/tick (same as Elixir of Bliss, 8 ticks, for 1k mana 1.5 sec cast time, and a 10 min recast. This would be enough HoT to survive if your healer got wiped out, or at least have some time to get the ranger/bst to mem their heal and start spamming, but not enough to live without a healer.

Another alternative would be another proc spell. Instead of single target dmg, an aoe proc similiar to the Whirlwind proc.

If you really wanted to give pallies more damage capabilities, why not give us the reverse damage shield clerics got on Live?

Everything cleric looks like it could be interesting as long as the numbers work out, with the exception of that really big heal.

As Gelu stated a few pages ago, it would be REALLY situational, and something like a big quick heal that uses double mana would make a lot more sense.

Regarding the cleric spell Artifact: Gnosis, I think it's purpose is confused by some of its attributes.

If it's to be used in conjunction with a HoT on engage, I think 3 ticks are too short to sacrifice a buff slot in many cases. Also, because it's an artifact spell, I assume it is meant to be used as often as possible and not situational.

If it's meant to be a castable pseudo-resilience then the cast time is much too long, and the HP bonus seems perfunctory and too low, especially when compared to the AC bonus.

The recast time also seems to suggest the spell is meant to be cast every time it pops, but its bonuses and mana cost seem to make it a replacement heal (since it will help replace heals briefly), and I can imagine few clutch situations where you'd cast this in lieu of a heal.

I think the best way to sort out these oddities is to either increase the duration to 4 ticks and increase the amount of bonus hp, which turns it into a hot-like starting buff and something worth keeping a buff slot available for, and the extra hp makes it worth casting instead of a heal when possible.

Another alternative is to make it extremely fast casting, and have a very very low fizzle time to help in clutch situations.

If all other things remain the same, the final alternative is to replace "increase current hitpoints by 500" with a complete heal. This makes it castable instead of a heal and helps get things back on track in situations where a healer may have just died.

You all really need to check the parser more often. Necro's got another one at the very least this time.

^ I've been stupidly busy lately.

Anyway, updates:

Cleric
Artifact: Gnosis: Single target increase HP by 500, WIS by 100 and AC by 760 for 18 seconds, 600 mana cost, 160 second recast, 2.5 second cast

Enchanter
Runic: Muscle Lock: Single target 100% slow, 1700 damage, increase disease counters by 1 for 12 seconds, 720 mana cost, -60 MR check

Necromancer
Runic: Grip of Kaezul: Single target auto cast Relic: Hand of Kaezul, Relic: Spirit of Kaezul, 400 damage, 1020 mana cost, -800 MR check.

Wizard
Runic: Shock of Saitha: Single target 715 damage, -10 MR check, NO MANA COST, 125 range, 6 second cast.

Also an update to:

Runic: Zealous Might: Self based 12 second buff for 440 mana, increase attack by 100, DEX and STR by 50, overhaste, decrease aggression by 30%, add proc: cease (1 second stun), 18 second recast. Now Paladin only.

Last edited:
Obviously, the Wizard spell is a great upgrade to their 5 mana nukes. I'm a bit worried about the Necro spell, and the Enchanter spell will be great for emergency tank switches.

<playerhat>
The new Necro Runic isn't bad in theroy.

Relic: Spirit of Kaezul is 520 mana
Relic: Hand of Kaezul is 520 mana too

So it actualy saves you a bit of mana, would save a necro that used both spells a spell slot, essentially casts two useful utility DoT's at once, allowing you to cast a better DoT in your 'DoT cycle' to increase DPS. Both base spells have -200 MR to begin with, so your pretty likely to land both every time you cast this one. And we get a free essentially unresistable 400 dmg nuke for free? Not a bad deal.

And yet I can't help but feel that combining two spells we already have is a bit meh. Hand at least is situational for me at my current tier; useful yes, but if I'm taking alot of damage, the other casters are too, so a group heal is probably coming soon.

Regardless, if this ends up being a final spell, it would probably find a happy spot on my bar, along with my new free spell gem for another new spell.
</playerhat>

They dont.

A second PBAoE would be a welcome addition. Also increasing the cap back to 12 would make me and all paladins alike smile. Nothing is worse having a mob killing ur healer due to the target cap of 6.

ya id love to see this don. or you know, you could just put HoT agro back where it was :) j/k

not sure i agree with the Zelous Might idea though. sure, it would be fun in certain raid situations especially if accompanied by an illusion with enthann model. but definitely wouldnt be usable in groups.

also afaik CEASE doesnt actually STUN the mob, but merely interrupts its casting. correct me if im wrong.

Cleric
Artifact: Gnosis: Single target increase HP by 500, WIS by 100 and AC by 760 for 18 seconds, 600 mana cost, 160 second recast, 2.5 second cast

i dont understand why this increases WISDOM and by 100 of all things. tanks dont need it, all casters have wisdom way above cap, so that only leaves paladins, beastlords and rangers to benefit from this...which is pretty useless id have to say. cause the level hybrid that would actually be able to get this spell is sure to have his wisdom also very near cap if not overcapped. love the 760ac concept though:)

About the Necro spell it seems awesome, I'm all in.
What if the caster doesn't have both spells (or just one of them) btw ?

Cleric

Would this be a 500hp HoT or a 500HP buff or a 500 hp direct heal on landing the spell?

Enchanter
Runic: Muscle Lock: Single target 100% slow, 1700 damage, increase disease counters by 1 for 12 seconds, 720 mana cost, -60 MR check

This would completely stop a mob from attacking for 12 seconds?.... Whats the recast on that?

Cleric

Would this be a 500hp HoT or a 500HP buff or a 500 hp direct heal on landing the spell?

Enchanter

This would completely stop a mob from attacking for 12 seconds?.... Whats the recast on that?

It heals for the 500 HP buff it gives. Manguadi's post on the spell is pretty spot on.

Also, the enchanter one has a recast of around 3 minutes.

Cleric

Enchanter

100% slow just means it attacks 100% slower. such as if there was a 100% slower cast spell. if your spell took 2 secs it takes 4 secs now. Delay between attacks is what would be doubled in the case of 100% slow. ( i think),

So if it quads every second.. its every 2 seconds with 100% slow.

its a rough way of putting it but i believe thats right.

Back
Top Bottom