Newport Ring 5 Problems

episom

Dalayan Beginner
Hi, I pull up my comment from the np5 sticky, didn't get a response there.

I wanted to finish part 5 of the quest on thursday and ran into problems. After cleansing the 12th worshipper Althok the Plagued did not spawn. Additionally, after a few minutes wait east plaguelands crashed.
Now I'm flagged for 12 worshippers, cannot cleanse more and thus cannot spawn Althok again.

[Thu Oct 02 20:53:30 2008] Cleansed plague worshipper: 12/12.
... then we wait for Anthok to spawn somewhere (had bard and ranger track the zone)
[Thu Oct 02 21:00:30 2008] ZONEWIDE_MESSAGE: This zone caused a fatal error and will shut down now. Your character will be restored to the last saved status. We are sorry for any inconvenience!
(times in UTC+2)

I've read that it's possible to have my flags reset (cleased worshipper counter) or somesuch. I could probably try to redo the whole quest line, but I guess the flags would count towards that one too.

Could someone up there give me a message how we'll proceed from here?

TIA

Episom

It seems Ring 5 has this problem quite often.. 2 of my 3 chars that have tried to attain ring 5 have had this problem.

easily fixed with a petition though :)

It seems Ring 5 has this problem quite often.. 2 of my 3 chars that have tried to attain ring 5 have had this problem.

easily fixed with a petition though :)

Could you be a bit more specific on what you petitioned for? First GM didn't know the quest and said I shall post here. 2nd petition on saturday just poofed. I'm doing something wrong and need your expertise.

Could you be a bit more specific on what you petitioned for? First GM didn't know the quest and said I shall post here. 2nd petition on Saturday just poofed. I'm doing something wrong and need your expertise.

I would just send something like:

Hi, I am having trouble with the Newport ring quest line, in the fifth and final quest I am supposed to cleanse 12 worshippers, and when that is done a named, Althok is supposed to spawn within a minute or so. My problem: I've cleansed all 12 worshippers, but Althok never spawned.. I've waited for several minutes but nothing yet.. if you could reset my flags or even spawn Althok for me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Please note.. that is not the exact petition I used, but it should do the job.. but as I don't remember what I wrote.. it will have to do.. :(

in the circumstances, as the group I had had split and it had gone a half hours or hour or so.. resetting my flags was probably the best option.. (so I could reassemble a group at my own time)

that could explain why the GM (cant even remember who helped me :( (but I'm terrible with names :psyduck:) didn't spawn Althok in front of my and watched me die :haw:

P.S. Petitions Poof if you don't stay online.. which can be really annoying, but its still understandable as a GM is pretty powerless to help you unless your online..

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I finally got it.

Thank you unknown GM

I petitioned for spawn, got told to be in eplaguelands with my group. Petitioned again there and got Althok spawned.

Pure sweetness. Thanks GM

Yeah, I've also had this problem. I've been in petition queue from 3-9 PM pretty much non-stop for the past 4 days and no luck. I'm about ready to give up on this quest entirely at this point.

Back
Top Bottom