Non-non-item nerf thread

I agree with Malicre, here are a few facts we look at out wall and we press 1-3 buttons. Our little reward for playing a class that is NEEDED in a raid format was we could go have fun soloing simple things. And this fun has been taken away from us. These changes have diminished the fun of a battle cleric. Yes you can argue that is not the only aspect of the game and your right. But I for one have modeled my gear make up for that which is fun to me. And a lot of us have spend ages camping an item like crystalis, and for what, to have it nerfed. Is a 150 base group heal that threatening to content? Is the reactive proc of the BP that much of a danger? If were being hit by a raid mob/trash as a healer were going to die. Now in terms of lower weaker soloable content it procs and keeps us toped off. I think my best has been a 2600 self heal from my bp alone and the proc from crystals I think the best has maybe been 750. Its normally a 450 crit. I'll sum this up. A lot of us have worked to get our gear in the position it is now to obtain what we want as fun in the game. The question on everyone mind is this. Why did you wait until now? Why didnt you do this when OTHER people had it and were using it? From what I gathered from your post slaar is that new content is coming. If thats the case the logical steps would have been to release the content, then nerf the items to force players to explore the new content. I know we don't like to use negative words like force but that's what the goal is here. Yes were not happy with these changes because they seem oddly timed. Welcome to the healer strike of 2012

[15:34] <slaariel> I am so sick of these fwf guys and their primadonna attitudes. They are going to wake up with broken toys.

Last edited:
It was said a few posts prior ynnear they need to get more people with the items to see how it affects gameplay and the dynamics. Now that 1/2 or better of the high tiers had some of these things it was seen how it affected things and they decided they didn't like it. I think it's very reasonable considering how op those 2 weapons were.

Yes it sucks people got used to having them, but now your toon is back to being like it was before that and you now actually have to pay attention in group.

what i am saying it , it took time to get those items it did not happen over night. And as far as proper testing there are other methods. Just seems distasteful from my perspective.

When you do new content you get new things and sometimes these are nice things for a while. This isn't even the first time crystalis got nerfed.

the item most people are complaining about is still very good its just not crazy anymore. maybe if you were banking it (like what will happen to a few items that were changed that are far rarer) then there would be some legitimate complaint.

Ynnear its there sandbox, if they want to shit in it, then let them, dont mean we half to continue to play in a soiled sandbox, there are plenty of them around that arnt full of asshats and shit.

Crystalis blows now Reehs its a downgrade from Spires staff, so i spent 100+ hours facesmashing a piller to get claim for an item that if i had known it was going to get nurfed to be the biggest PoS i would have not waisted my time. They could have figured out it was op a year ago, but they didnt they decided to wait till all the babys had candy now there taking it away.

Last edited:
They could have made the proc cost more mana, and therefor be the same as casting grp heals and so on, but they didnt, there is all kinds of "what ifs" What if the reduced the heal proc to 1/2 what it was. Still would have been kinda fun for priests without shitting in there face and expecting them to eat it.

Crystalis blows now Reehs its a downgrade from Spires staff

lets just assume you are 100% right, spire is available like a tier or so later and from raid content so the mere fact that it was so much worse than crystalis before, should be an indication of how powerful it use to be and how that messed up itemization.

lets just assume you are 100% right, spire is available like a tier or so later and from raid content so the mere fact that it was so much worse than crystalis before, should be an indication of how powerful it use to be and how that messed up itemization.

Hmm Its the same tier, and getting the spires staff is alot easier than getting Crystalis. Example Chaa, Snigeren, Ruthe Dodie all have spires staff, but do they have Crystalis.... no because obtaining a item from a 6man mob that is killed on spawn is alot harder than getting a raid to kill prolly one of the easiest fights in spires.

Hmm Its the same tier, and getting the spires staff is alot easier than getting Crystalis. Example Chaa, Snigeren, Ruthe Dodie all have spires staff, but do they have Crystalis.... no because obtaining a item from a 6man mob that is killed on spawn is alot harder than getting a raid to kill prolly one of the easiest fights in spires.

The first dozen or so kills of Forest Gloom were done before we (TU) ever even killed Prime Enchanter legit. Just saiyan.

Edit: Reehs is going to say the same thing that I said, we have the same hair length.

Last edited:

gloom requires you to pay attention a little more, but gear wise can be done way before iskkath, not my fault why all other guilds waited so long i guess giant wisps are pretty scary.

6 mans are always more contested and these other people probably didnt stay up or do whatever other people did to get claim. or maybe they just got unlucky i dont know. the loot table gloom is bigger i think.

regardless, you complain a lot about a lot of things you don't really understand, so its ok if you are having trouble.

edit: bango also said what i said we are like on the same wavelength.

Its w/e this shit can be twisted and turned to benifit anyone im not here to be a politician, just to have fun, when u start taking all the fun away from the game all you are left with is a very time consuming game that you get 0 enjoyment out of as a healer.

Also crystallis still has cold focus and DD proc and 250 mana with 1 ft, I would say a pretty baller priest weapon.

Back
Top Bottom